Sign in to follow this  
tophe

BIS @ E3: Confirmed!

...So nothing to worry about smile_o.gif

except the fact that "Operation Flashpoint(2) is not even 50% finished yet!" tounge_o.gif

Well if in Januari OFP2 was not even 50% finished and now we are 4 month further, so wouldn't it be 50% by this time? :P I hope we get to see some OFP2 at the E3, isn't it a bit strange that there wouldn't be OFP2, I mean travelling all the way to the E3 to only show OFP for the xbox, yea right lol biggrin_o.gif .

Footage would be nice but im more interested about engine improvements and features, argh i cant wait to see/hear something. The bad part is that we are all getting old waiting for OPF2 crazy_o.gif . With all this quietness and secretism i hope they anounce something that blows everything away..

Operation Flashpoint is not even 50% finished yet! News from yesterday!

Maybe its a reaon why it comes late 2006 then ? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

sometimes I am late, sometimes I am early.

Anyhow. well if it was 50% in January than we might not be much further by now as BergHoff noticed! wink_o.gif

Well if in Januari OFP2 was not even 50% finished and now we are 4 month further, so wouldn't it be 50% by this time? :P I hope we get to see some OFP2 at the E3, isn't it a bit strange that there wouldn't be OFP2, I mean travelling all the way to the E3 to only show OFP for the xbox, yea right lol  biggrin_o.gif .

Good point.

Big companies always loudly advertize even their worst product. Even If they know It won`t be worth buying.

There are 3 possibly reasons why BIS isn`t telling us a thing, (offcourse we`re gona know what`s going on at e3, but damn, Isn`t this thread made for rumours? tounge_o.gif )

1. They`re really going to relase "something that`ll blow everything away.." as Heatseeker posted above...

2. They`re preparing us for absolutely nothing big

3. Or they`re just shy tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

There are 3 possibly reasons why BIS isn`t telling us a thing, (offcourse we`re gona know what`s going on at e3, but damn, Isn`t this thread made for rumours?  tounge_o.gif )

1. They`re really going to relase "something that`ll blow everything away.."  as Heatseeker posted above...

2. They`re preparing us for absolutely nothing big  

3. Or they`re just shy  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Its quite obvious that they are going to release something that will blow us away, if not... i'll go to Prague and kill Placebo, ofcourse he shouldnt be worried because he knows better than all of us that OPF2 will blow everything away and he is quite safe tounge_o.gif .

I am already imagining the future, first footage and interviews, the demo... its all gonna be great im sure, hard not to be excited about the OPF future after all these years smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]The bad part is that we are all getting old waiting for OPF2

Dont say that smile_o.gif , seems like it was yesterday that I was playing lots of missions for the DEMO tounge_o.gif

Oh god Im 30 now sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The bad part is that we are all getting old waiting for OPF2

Dont say that smile_o.gif  , seems like it was yesterday that I was playing lots of missions for the DEMO  tounge_o.gif

Oh god Im 30 now sad_o.gif

...just out of interest, what is the age of the average OFP player?

I'm 26 now, and i've (as all of you have), seen ofp2 get pushed further and further back, delay after delay. Now this talk of UBI soft buying Codemasters...

Lets look at that, ubi soft make arcade style games not simulators style games like codemaster....

Am i the oly person that thinks Operation Flashpoint 2 will never make it to the shops? I mean the xBox version has been under development years before ofp2 was even mentioned and thats still not finished.

Quote[/b] ]...just out of interest, what is the age of the average OFP player?

I would say 25-35... in other words around 30 years.

Quote[/b] ]Now this talk of UBI soft buying Codemasters...

Has there been any new rumours about that? It were a lot of talk about it last fall, but it was confirmed that it was nothing more than rumours. I haven't heard anything new on this now?

Quote[/b] ]Am i the oly person that thinks Operation Flashpoint 2 will never make it to the shops?

You and a handful of pessimists... tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the xBox version has been under development years before ofp2 was even mentioned and thats still not finished.

Well... OFP were officially announced just before E3 in 2003. And OFP for Xbox were officially announced sometime in april 2002. So roughly one year, not years...

Quote[/b] ]...just out of interest, what is the age of the average OFP player?

I would say 25-35... in other words around 30 years.

Wait until OFP2 is comming, I guess the teens is taking over then.

some time the waiting just makes me think: should we thank god for give us such a great game to us, or should we bleem him for making us feel that many other games are such a crap tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well... OFP were officially announced just before E3 in 2003. And OFP for Xbox were officially announced sometime in april 2002. So roughly one year, not years...

Ok, not years then.

So most of us are around the 30 year bracket. Interesting. in this case maybe flashpoint2 would benefit from a more mature theme. I know a war theme is pretty mature, but have you played full spectrum warrior? The guys in this drop in the occasional swear word. Not necessary to the game play but does add authenticity (i think i'd say some naughty word if some was shooting at me, don't you?).

some time the waiting just makes me think: should we thank god for give us such a great game to us, or should we bleem him for making us feel that many other games are such a crap tounge_o.gif

True. Nothing else seems to have the lastability of Flashpoint.

...Another question; Do you call it;

a) 'Operation Flashpoint'

b) 'OFP'

c) 'Flashpoint'

I call it c) Flashpoint

Dont forget the mjaorly controversial OPF ghostface.gif .

tounge_o.gif

OpF, all the way ...

Dont forget the mjaorly controversial OPF  ghostface.gif .

Yeah, whats that all about? Type'o? Who knows.

I`m 17....

And btw...I used to call Flashpoint opf, before I joined the forum:P

Lets look at that, ubi soft make arcade style games not simulators style games like codemaster....

Am i the oly person that thinks Operation Flashpoint 2 will never make it to the shops?  I mean the xBox version has been under development years before ofp2 was even mentioned and thats still not finished.

1. OPF is far from a simulator and Ubi publishes some decent stuff like SH3, IL2, LoMac.. other than OPF and colin Mcrae series im not very familiar with codies stuff.

2. The xbox version of flashpoint is problably ready to go but with xbox2 coming soon it would make more sense for them to release the game on that platform with a graphics overall, the graphics of OPF are has we all know quite dated, i wouldnt be surprised if BIS were to anounce OPF for xbox2 soon smile_o.gif .

in my opinion OFP was a much bestseller - so they see many $ in it - so OFP2 is a must...

the question is will it satisfy us, the "old guard" with the playability it will bring...

When I talk about OFP I say OPF, but when I write...

OFP is the real *short-term

*(not sure if thats the right word)

abbreviation is what you mean i guess.

put OPF (oh so wrong) into google and see the results

then put in OFP (yay) and compare :P

Looks like ive opened a can of worms by saying OPF tounge_o.gif .

This is about E3 guys so shut it with the abbreviation crap biggrin_o.gif .

Placebo plz give us a sign as to what sort of thing IF any related to OFP2 you guys are gonna show , just a hint would do even.