Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

Took me a whole morning but i finally did the following :

dhgrthrgfv6ir.jpg

-replaced the classic "weapon on back" by the patrol animation from Dreamy Knight

and what took 99,99% of the work : trying to keep smooth interpolation with making the following new animations

Quote[/b] ]

weapon on back -> Salute

bezhlas.rtm

bezHLAS2.rtm

bezHLASstat.rtm

weapon on back -> Sit down

bezdosedu.rtm

bezSEDI.rtm

bezSEDI2.rtm

bezVZTAVA.rtm

weapon on back -> Binocular

bezDALEK.rtm

bezDALEK2.rtm

bezDALEKstat.rtm

weapon on back -static-

bezstanisTaT.rtm

weapon on back -rotating standing-

DOLEVABEZ.rtm

DOPRAVABEZ.rtm

weapon on back -> stand aiming , and vice versa

ssTANIDOSTANI.rtm

STANIDOSTANIS.rtm

weapon on back -> walking

(done all the angles, not easy as OFPAnim has no angle values , you have to rotate the model and guess yourself, took me a while to get things like it should)

chuzebez-90l.rtm

chuzebez90l.rtm

chuzebez-45l.rtm

chuzebez45l.rtm

chuzebez0l.rtm

chuzebez180l.rtm

chuzebez-135l.rtm

chuzebez135l.rtm

weapon on back -> running

bezbeh.rtm

You can get this 24 animations pack and replace the files of the same names in the Anim.pbo by

Right Clicking on that link and Save ... As

And using un-pbo and re-pbo utilities like previously explained.

But back up your Anim.pbo in the case you prefer reverting to the more classic "weapon on the back".

Feel free to modify anything you want and rework them to obtain a better result.

I will not release a version 1.6 of my animation pack just for this, because it is meant as an alternative , as some people can prefer the previous way of "weapon in the back" instead of the patrol stance replacing it (and all the animations i did starting and leading to it)

wow_o.gif Wow, perfect, just what I needed for my 'Nam missions. Er, but why did you use a pilot in the pictures? Pilot on ground patrol? lol, who cares, its still awsome.

i can't believe you were able to make it just like that! you're the man, sanctuary! thank you so much!

wow, cool animations sanctuary, you overtook wilco really fast, so i am expecting his work tounge_o.gif

sorry to insist but your animations of transitions are only wonderful , never seen something like that before, you should do something like that for the car drivers , to be able to see the hands moving wink_o.gif

I'm sure that everybody would like it

and again thanks for the nice stuffs , you're one of the best improver tounge_o.gif

here are some better images of the new patrol anims in action

the mission is Realistic Combat Patrol by General Barron

3rdpersonview1sm.th.jpg

baselookout2qs.th.jpg

basepatrol3se.th.jpg

vcfromfar6wc.th.jpg

vcfromnear2sj.th.jpg

the image below shows sanctuary's optional "crouch as default ai stance" anims

viewofsquad5ew.th.jpg

all in all, i must say that i am very happy with the way things look

Quote[/b] ]My anim pbo is now 7mb before it was 11mb

yeah i had the same issue; before you repbo the "Anim" folder, go to "properties" in Makepbo.exe (if that's what you're using) and select *.RTM files to not be compressed. although i don't even know if it matters if they are compressed or not...

Well it doesnt matter, compressing only reduces file size, and since your not going to be re-downloading your own file, it doesnt matter. Btw, .pablo., you should update your Vietnam troops tounge_o.gif :

Click meh!

sanctuary, thank you for the safe patrol and the new crouch ready anims

i am delighted to see that you are not feed up with the anims yet wink_o.gif

i keep wondering what miracles you could do with the proper professional software for the anims

great work so far, and keeps geting better biggrin_o.gif

greets Honcho

hey mate! you did a great job on those!

can you maybe help me with something? i want to change some death animations! can you maybe give me some names!??

greetz

Great work on the patrol anims sanctuary, more pics here if you want to see, but again you forgot something, the handgun to back and back to handgun anims  sad_o.gif  . Well I guess you would also need new hand gun anims for that, for placement of the primary weapon, although it would be nice to have hand gun anims where the weapon is slung from the neck and hanging by the waist? I dunno maybe but still its great so far, dissapointed that you want to stop making them  sad_o.gif

Great work on the patrol anims sanctuary, more pics here if you want to see, but again you forgot something, the handgun to back and back to handgun anims sad_o.gif . Well I guess you would also need new hand gun anims for that, for placement of the primary weapon, although it would be nice to have hand gun anims where the weapon is slung from the neck and hanging by the waist? I dunno maybe but still its great so far, dissapointed that you want to stop making them sad_o.gif

As i said, the handgun animations are not in the Anim.pbo unfortunately but in the huge O.pbo. And the "weapon on back" to handgun is one of them.

Working on replacement animation , tweaking them, test them ingame, retweak them, retest them require a very a lot of un-pbo and re-pbo.

While it is quick to do that with the anim.pbo , it takes a very lot of time on my system to un-pbo or re-pbo the O.pbo

And when you make lot of small tweaks to an animation you have to test them each time ingame to see how it looks, and in the case of the O.pbo it is really too much time.

All would have been so easy if those handgun animations would have been in the quick to un-pbo/re-pbo Anim.pbo

Thanks for your feeback and screenshots everyone wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My anim pbo is now 7mb before it was 11mb

yeah i had the same issue; before you repbo the "Anim" folder, go to "properties" in Makepbo.exe (if that's what you're using) and select *.RTM files to not be compressed. although i don't even know if it matters if they are compressed or not...

it does not really matter if you compress the Anim.pbo or not with Makepbo .

You just have to keep in mind that OFP is uncompressing the PBO at the loading, so having an uncompressed Anim.pbo will speed up things a bit at OFP startup (but in the case of the small Anim.pbo it is not very noticable)

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know if this anim on the left is an inbuilt VBS one or is it in some anim pack?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....7v3.jpg

It is one of the additional animations in Dreamy Knight animation pack if my memory does not betray me.

Oh, i never heard about it before.

Thanks for the link, i will see how it works. If it is what i hope , there should be some new handgun animations from me one day.

Glad to help smile_o.gif , I hope you can get some handgun anims, the BIS ones are pretty OK, but new ones couldn't hurt, I just don't like the primary slung on the back thing with the BIS ones, but of course the crouch one maybe could use alot of work. Actualy, nvm what I said, BIS ones are too old and boring, so don't hold back biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what's the name of the anim of "reload" ?

one has no read the anim list found in the 1.5 pack or have not looked at some 2/3 pages earlier in this thread.

Quote[/b] ]What about the tool that someone released, that allows you to insert files into .pbo's without having to un-pbo them? Or does something like that.

Unfortunately the animation are found in \O\Anim\

the PBOPatcher i just tested can "patch" new files in the root of the pbo only, not in a subfolder unfortunately.

But the pack/unpack feature that is a part of PBOPatcher is hundred time quicker than the other tools i used before , so it can unpbo-repob very quickly O.pbo even on my old system , so when i will have more time i will try to make new handguns animations.

Will not be easy, as i don't see a handgun proxy in OFPAnim (so finding the good orientation of the handgun will not be that easy)

Hmmmmm... rock.gif

So what ?

You want me to point you exactly 2/3 pages earlier to show you the anim list , that is included in the anim pack download too , as i don't have the names in mind ?

babysitting is not on my contract.