Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

u know , I'm not an animations maker , that would be a little bit nice if you can make some assistance crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]SNABIJ.rtm ---> Stand Reloading

yeah , I've already found it , but where can I find for the crouch and the prone positions ....

I'm sure if it was somebody else who've asked you , you've answered very courteously tounge_o.gif

When you are asked several time the same question , and that you have took the time to make an animation list , and even included it in your animation pack , especially for people that want to modify or tweak themselves the animations, i consider that i made my part.

Answering this same question repeatedly in the forum or by PM become really annoying when the answer is clearly there, but people are just too lazy to search and prefer to ask you to do the work for them.

Reading it is your part, it has nothing to do with you or with anyone, and i can't do it for you.

Quote[/b] ]When you are asked several time the same question , and that you have took the time to make an animation list

Please can you prove me that ? crazy_o.gif

I've never asked that question before ... just check your both threads and your PM box , I've never asked you this question...

Ok , no problem... do as u wanna smile_o.gif

You think you are the only one that is asking me that kind of question ?

well, whatever ...

EDIT : edited the first post of this thread , to point out the animations list.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT : edited the first post of this thread , to point out the animations list

That was a little bit complicated to have an answer , but I got it , thanks tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Does anyone know if this anim on the left is an inbuilt VBS one or is it in some anim pack?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....7v3.jpg

It is one of the additional animations in Dreamy Knight animation pack if my memory does not betray me.

Yep the animation is in that pack. Do I have to write a config for these anims myself? Because they don't come with a config.

As always I found another thing you forgot in the patrol anims (Im sorry please dont hate me  sad_o.gif ) but it would be nice if you fixed it very quickly? :

dohanim1bz.th.jpg

Yep the animation is in that pack. Do I have to write a config for these anims myself? Because they don't come with a config.

In Dreamy Knight anim pack, you can find inside the anim_pack.rar a "AnimDemo.rar"

It contains an addon : AniTest.pbo that has the additional anims (that sit aiming one is included in it) with the config defining them.

That's what you need.

There is a demonstration mission too on how to trigger each of those animations, as i don't remember their name , look into it.

As always I found another thing you forgot in the patrol anims (Im sorry please dont hate me sad_o.gif ) but it would be nice if you fixed it very quickly? :

Uh oh , i did not noticed that problem earlier, thanks for the report.

As i did not liked my new sit down animation (not enough detail in the animation leading in a too slow execution), i will revert to BIS sit down animation, with simply changing the starting part to make it interpolating with the patrol standing.

At least , it will interpolate very well with all the exisiting death animations starting from the sit animation and would spare me from lot of headaches.

As always I found another thing you forgot in the patrol anims (Im sorry please dont hate me  sad_o.gif ) but it would be nice if you fixed it very quickly? :

Uh oh , i did not noticed that problem earlier, thanks for the report.

As i did not liked my new sit down animation (not enough detail in the animation leading in a too slow execution), i will revert to BIS sit down animation, with simply changing the starting part to make it interpolating with the patrol standing.

At least , it will interpolate very well with all the exisiting death animations starting from the sit animation and would spare me from lot of headaches.

sad_o.gif Aww man, I really liked that new sitting anim, kind of like a squat but I mean that was awsome. If you change it back to BIS then Ill keep the one I have now.

sad_o.gif Aww man, I really liked that new sitting anim, kind of like a squat but I mean that was awsome. If you change it back to BIS then Ill keep the one I have now.

You find that sit animation good , really better than BIS one ?

Well, i will see if i can enhance it a bit in the next few days, as personnally in its actual state i find my work on it really horrible.

sad_o.gif  Aww man, I really liked that new sitting anim, kind of like a squat but I mean that was awsome. If you change it back to BIS then Ill keep the one I have now.

You find that sit animation good , really better than BIS one ?

Well, i will see if i can enhance it a bit in the next few days, as personnally in its actual state i find my work on it really horrible.

I find it good, it fits the patrol anims perfectly:

Taking a short rest while on patrol

Get down, I thought I saw something

I really don't mind the interpolation on it, but I think that the patrol anims really do need this. All you need is a simple dying anim for it, maybe fall over backwards (or forwards, the stance will allow for both) but really I will continue using this anim, even when I dont have to I just love telling my guys to "Sit down" on patrol while I look through my binoculars and take pretty screenshots of us. biggrin_o.gif

I agree with Kyle. On patrol soldiers don't sit down with all their gear, but they might sit on one knee. I like the current one, maybe just speed it up, and make a death anim for it.

In Dreamy Knight anim pack, you can find inside the anim_pack.rar a "AnimDemo.rar"

It contains an addon : AniTest.pbo that has the additional anims (that sit aiming one is included in it) with the config defining them.

That's what you need.

There is a demonstration mission too on how to trigger each of those animations, as i don't remember their name , look into it.

Thanks, man smile_o.gif

Should read the readme more carefully next time crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I find it good, it fits the patrol anims perfectly:

Taking a short rest while on patrol

Get down, I thought I saw something

I really don't mind the interpolation on it, but I think that the patrol anims really do need this. All you need is a simple dying anim for it, maybe fall over backwards (or forwards, the stance will allow for both) but really I will continue using this anim, even when I dont have to I just love telling my guys to "Sit down" on patrol while I look through my binoculars and take pretty screenshots of us.  

i disagree, for several reasons:

if you have ai in safe mode and they "see" an enemy using sanctuary's anims, they will immediately go into either aware mode or combat mode, in which case they will be either kneeling (aware mode) or lying on the ground (combat mode).

no human player will move around in safe mode, because its too slow; even if they did, they would not sit down if they heard or saw an enemy, they would pull out their gun and crouch, and whatever ai they were commanding would do the same (if you're commanding a squad in safe mode and pull out your gun, the ai automatically pull theirs' out as well).

thus, if you want your squad to crouch when not moving, just pull out you're gun.

point #2:

most of the time, the sitting-down animation is used with people sitting around a fire or radio (look at the official campaign).  if you switch the position from a comfortable one (sitting down on your butt) to a less comfortable one (having all your weight on your leg) than it looks very strange when a bunch of people are sitting around a fire in such a position.

if you want to replace the default anims, i would change them to something like the way the second man from the left (back row) is sitting in this picture:

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/uniforms/nz-anzac.jpg

sitting on the ground, leaning forward with his arms resting on his legs

or a variation of the man sitting in this picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....7v3.jpg

with one leg propped up and the other on the ground, but most importantly, in a position that he could stay in for a long time. the man kneeling behind him could not stay like that for 30+ minutes.

the key is to make sure it looks good when you have people sitting around a campfire, because that is the way most people use the sitting animation.  therefore, i suggest that the animation have the person sitting on their butt, regardless of whatever orientation the rest of their limbs are in.

What ever do you mean? Me and Silent just went on a Patrol, we walked in safe mod most of the time untill we ran into the enemy, then we died, many many times, it was a hard mission.. but yea Sanctuary those anims are awsome please dont get rid of them, besides I mean isnt it up to the use to decide weather or not they want the patrol anims? Just please don't scrap them biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for the double post, but .pablo. your missing the point. The anims are called "Patrol" anims, and you dont sit around campfires while on patrol, when you need to take a break on patrol, you tend to stay somewhat combat ready. Also, as a commander of a squad, players can order their AI to sit (squat in this situation), adding some realism, and I was going to make some scripts to make AI soldiers sit when they are resting. If you want to sit around a campfire and sing songs then dont use the "PATROL" anims, since your not on PATROL, use BIS, duh, simple as that.

Well this is a patrol animation pack....not resting pack. In patrol...you don't sit down. You kneel down and rest like the current one.

Edit- Bah, Kyle beat me to it. Posted it a few seconds faster.

Edit: Btw, .pablo. the guys in that picture are not on patrol, they are diggers digging a trench, so the difference is obvious. Plus that is from like 1920's. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The anims are called "Patrol" anims, and you dont sit around campfires while on patrol, when you need to take a break on patrol, you tend to stay somewhat combat ready

ordering your squad to sit in safe mode makes them less combat ready, regardless of how realistic it looks.

Quote[/b] ]players can order their AI to sit (squat in this situation), adding some realism

no one will, because there is no need to "rest" your soldiers.  the only way the sitting anim is used in ofp is for when mission makes want a character to be sitting down around a campfire or radio.  no one uses the sitting anims any other way.

My new release of JJR's Vietnam soldiers will have a script (optional) that will make AI squat after 5 seconds of not moving during patrol. Anyways .pablo. if you dont like it then don't use it but don't tell sanctuary to scrap it cause there are others who want it. Thats my point.

Sanctuary, I still love the new patrol sitting anim, please don't scrap it, please enhance it biggrin_o.gif also, I was wondering if you could do a few of the switchmove anims to use the patrol stance? Well if not I can see why smile_o.gif but keep up the good work.

thanks all your feedbacks i updated the patrol animations , tweaking some and adding some new ones.

Monitor this thread , as soon some mirrrors will be made, i will update the first post of it with a special

"Sanctuary Animation Pack 1.5 - Patrol version"

This is an experiment, so feel free to try but be warned it is not finished.

-Leaning in OFP-

Download , by right clicking on that link and Save...As

Get the file schuze135l.rtm from the zip archive

and replace the file of the same name that is in the Anim.pbo from my pack (un-pbo , replace and re-pbo)

Of course backup the Anim.pbo in the case you made somthing wrong.

Play with this modified Anim.pbo .

Ingame press the key that toogle the combat jog/run to combat walk (i don't remember what key it is by default, i think it is F but i am not sure, as i changed this key to another on my OFP)

Now that you are combat walking press Backward and Right in the same time.

Instead of walking backward to the right like usual, you will lean to the right.

jzyzjynhfgfn9rn.jpg

Remember that is just an experiment, test it if you want it, observe the AI when they are combat walking to , hope nothing is wrong.

Critics feedback and comments will be welcomed/ignored on a very subjective basis of mine biggrin_o.gif .

Is this player anim only or AI too?

Cause if AI would use this, units would walk like drunk.

tested on player only , i had no time to observe the reactions of the AI.

But i imagine it can be funny to watch wink_o.gif

Brilliant sanctuary, finaly a practical way of using lean animations. Too bad we had to sacrifice two default anims but hey, its worth it tounge_o.gif im just wondering if this can be used to "cheat" in MP? Might want to try and make it detectable by servers (modified file etc...) just incase. wink_o.gif

hi sanctuary,

your animations dont cease to amaze me, again a giant leap in gameplay smile_o.gif

i tried the leaning animation right away, and i must say it is perfect as is!!!

i tried the leaning animation with ai and the bad news is that they cant use it, and the good news is that they dont seem to use it,

they only seem to use backward and left and right to stay in formation

so there shouldnt be any problems with the use of this animation for player only (since ai doesnt use it anyway)

so could you please release the same for the left side?

thanks again for this wink_o.gif

greets Honcho