Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

im just wondering if this can be used to "cheat" in MP? Might want to try and make it detectable by servers (modified file etc...) just incase. wink_o.gif

I think everything can be exploited , but i don't think to stop making animations because of a few idiots that have their fun in ruining the other people OFP experience.

That would give them too much credits and importance.

I think those file checker tools used by servers should be able to detect them though.

i tried the leaning animation with ai and the bad news is that they cant use it, and the good news is that they dont seem to use it,

they only seem to use backward and left and right to stay in formation

so there shouldnt be any problems with the use of this animation for player only (since ai doesnt use it anyway)

so could you please release the same for the left side?

Good to know the AI don't use the walking to back/right animation, i thought it would be the only ones i could sacrify to get leaning ability in.

The left side should be released soonâ„¢ when i will have more time to work on them.

hi again,

been playing around with the lean anim some more, and dont want to miss them anymore biggrin_o.gif

just one thing i noticed, ironsights dont allways work in lean mode, i didnt figure out yet why, because it works fine on m16, will try some more weapons

edit:tried some more, the ironsights dont work in houses, but work fine outside, a shame, because it would be real usefull in houses, but shooting with the crosshair remains possible

great to hear that the left side is on the way, take all the time you need, your work is greatly appreciated smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

The problem in combat walk is if you have crouch activated and then use combat walk, you wont be able to use the iron sights for god knows why. Just press 'Q' or whatever your crouch button is, and then you'll be able to use iron sights.

thanks mrzig, that did the trick smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

edit: a small change in the config lets you use the ironsight while leaning from the crouched position

change following line in your config:

class CrouchWalkRB:CombatWalkRB

{

actions="CrouchActions";

connectAs="CombatWalkRB";

enableOptics=0;

interpolateWith[]={"Crouch",1};

};

to enable optics while leaning from crouched position:

{

actions="CrouchActions";

enableOptics=1;

};

this is only for the leaning to the right, leaning to the left is below this in the config and has to be changed accordingly, once the left-lean-anim comes out

Sanctuary

Another fantastic anim pack would be a hand signal pack. I know there was a mission called handsignal where someone create actionitems that would be visible in game. These anim need to be refined and expanded. That would be a big "seller" :-)

Hey sanctuary, I have an idea (lol you gotta hate me by now), or for anyone else up to it, replace prone+back+right/left with a anim where your guy rolls over to the side. Perfect for machinegunners in close quarters situations, being able to fire from a prone positon then quickly take cover.

I seem to remember the SAF (I think it was the SAF) units that came with a new cfgmoves define that changed the prone straefing animation for that of a rolling one. It looked pretty good, although the cfgmoves was lacking defines for handgun usage so the addon didn't remain installed for long if I recall correctly.

Thanks to Honchoblack for advice and feedback , here is the 2 (left and right) finished leaning animations

They are replacing the "back/left" and "back/right" walking animations

So to lean left or right you must be in walking mode (you can't lean when jogging or running) and press 'back/left' or 'back right'

Right Click on that link and Save..As

In the zip file you will find

schuze-135l.rtm

and

schuze135l.rtm

To install them, you must unpbo the Anim.pbo (my replacement pack or any other animation pack or BIS one) overwrite the file of the same name by those 2 new version and re-pbo it in a new Anim.pbo

Then, move in walk mode then back/left or back/right.

NOTICE : when you lean from standing up , there is no problem.

But when you are leaning from a crouching position, you can't use the "ironsight" view due to how the animations are configured in the BIS config.

Honchoblack had the solution, it requires editing the config.

Quote[/b] ]a small change in the config lets you use the ironsight while leaning from the crouched position

change following line in your config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

{

actions="CrouchActions";

enableOptics=0;

};

to enable optics while leaning from crouched position:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

{

actions="CrouchActions";

enableOptics=1;

};

this is only for the leaning to the right, leaning to the left is below this in the config and has to be changed accordingly, once the left-lean-anim comes out

Here are some pictures, to give a sense, what those new animation look like ingame wink_o.gif

HBT-SanctuaryLeananim3.jpg

nipsdbnddfbd5uw.jpg

Thanks to Honchoblack for the screenshots he provided me to illustrate the recent releases

I had this animation unfinished since months and i finally gave it the final touch.

The original idea was to recreate an animation having the same feel of one i saw in a VBS1 screenshot, but with a bit more "aggressive" feel by placing the leg not in a complete relaxed stance.

So here it is , an AI-only animation

Right Click on this link

To install just replace the file of the same name that is found inside an Anim.pbo

The beauty of the savarestanistat.rtm is that it can interpolate itself with any kind of linked animations as in that case it is the OFP engine that is making all the work.

So you dont have to use any replacement pack to use this animation without visual problems.

Sanctuary, you anims are dam impressive, especially the lean one, I was looking forward to one where you can lean both ways. I found it very helpful in MP. GREAT WORK, and keep it up! biggrin_o.gif

Darn it all. I'm tracking this Topic, but still not keeping up with it!

You're a machine, Sanc. An animating MACHINE! biggrin_o.gif

So is this lean anim safe to use in MP without the other clients/server having the anim?

I think the animations are client side so there should not be any problems using them on a server, as in the case of the leaning animation it is replacing an existing animation, like for a replacement pack.

But it is possible that some file checking programs running on some servers will not allow anim pack different from the BIS default one.

OK thanks. Also though, is it possibel to change the keybinding to the X and C keys (currently used for rotation by default, but who uses those for turning rather than the mouse?) as i would like to be able to step backwards diagonally AND lean at differnet times biggrin_o.gif

I tried this already, but unfortunately the rotation is hardcoded for those keys (as they are used for chopper rotations while standing +/- still too).

This means that the unit will lean left/right , but the unit will continue to rotate.

Some really nice animations here Sanctuary and in regards to

Quote[/b] ]

Sanctuary Posted on April 08 2005,15:36

I think the animations are client side so there should not be any problems using them on a server, as in the case of the leaning animation it is replacing an existing animation, like for a replacement pack.

yes that is correct,you can use custom animations without the server requiring them, they'd see default animations whilst you'd see the custom ones, however i am uncertain if servers with filecheckers would detect it, i may attempt this at a later time and will post Sit-Rep.

Quote[/b] ] they'd see default animations whilst you'd see the custom ones,

well that's kind of my point, if the server sees the original ones, wont that mean that you are moving (going backwards diagonally) on the server but on your screen you will be standing still. See what i mean?

Hi guys, just wanted to drop a line.... have anybody considered making full crouch-walking animations? If you look into cfgMoves.hpp (in 1.91 commented config), you can see the code is there, but it uses normal walking animation instead. So if somebody (Sanctuary wink_o.gif ) made those missing animations, we'd have fully functional crouch walking. That'd be uber-cool... smile_o.gif

So, how about that?

just tested my earlier point on a mate's ded server. He didn't have the lean anim on his machine or on the server.

What I saw: The lean anim working fine

What he saw: Me taking a few steps backward diagonally, then re-setting to the original position i was in.

So i guess that will cause probs in MP. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]just tested my earlier point on a mate's ded server. He didn't have the lean anim on his machine or on the server.

What I saw: The lean anim working fine

What he saw: Me taking a few steps backward diagonally, then re-setting to the original position i was in.

you both need the anims installed on your pc to see in MP (as if he doesnt have it then hell just see what is the normal anims

Wildo

well obviously, and on the ded server too i suspect. else the server will see you as moving when neither you nor your mate will smile_o.gif

Hi guys, just wanted to drop a line.... have anybody considered making full crouch-walking animations? If you look into cfgMoves.hpp (in 1.91 commented config), you can see the code is there, but it uses normal walking animation instead. So if somebody (Sanctuary wink_o.gif ) made those missing animations, we'd have fully functional crouch walking. That'd be uber-cool... smile_o.gif

So, how about that?

I had this in the pipeline for a very long time actually, just some other works i am into now have the priority , but i finished it as it was very near completion.

So here it is , but it needs a bit more work than a simple replacement

It will need you to edit a config.bin (or a config.cpp if you use the commented config)

I will not release a modified config, but i wrote this step by step tutorial that should be easy to understand, but if you are puzzled into a specific step, feel free to ask for more precisions.

Prepare yourself

You will need

PBO Decryptor 1.5

MakePBO

You can download them from this page

Binview

You can download it from this page

1st step

Download by Right Clicking on that link and Save...As

Extract the files named crouchwalktest.rtm and precrouchwalktest.rtm

2nd step

Unpbo the Anim.pbo with PBO Decryptor 1.5

Add the crouchwalktest.rtm and the precrouchwalktest.rtm files in the now uncompressed Anim folder

Re-pbo this in a new Anim.pbo with MakePBO

Place this new Anim.pbo in a Dta folder of the mod (\nameofthemod\Dta\) you use daily or to replace the BIS one in Res\Dta\

3rd Step

If you use a config.bin (from any \nameofmod\Bin\ , or from the \Res\Bin\ folder) use Binview to transform it into a config.cpp

4th Step

A config.cpp can be opened as a simple text file, so use Notepad there

5th Step

Now search the following

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CrouchWalkF:CombatWalkF

Once found, you will see this class defined like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchWalkF:CombatWalkF

{

actions="CrouchActions";

connectAs="CombatWalkF";

enableOptics=0;

};

Replace this part by the following

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchWalkF:CombatWalkF

{

actions="CrouchActions";

file="crouchwalktest.rtm";

speed=-0.9;

looped=1;

duty=-0.7;

relSpeedMin=0.7;

relSpeedMax=1.0;

interpolateTo[]={"Crouch",1};

enableOptics=0;

};

6th Step

Now search the following

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CrouchRunF:CombatRunF

class CrouchRunF:CombatRunF

{

actions="CrouchRunFActions";

connectAs="CombatRunF";

enableOptics=0;

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchRunF:CombatRunF

{

speed=-0.9;

looped=1;

duty=-0.7;

relSpeedMin=0.7;

relSpeedMax=1.0;

enableOptics=0;

};

7th Step

Now search the following

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CrouchSprintF:CombatSprintF

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchSprintF:CombatSprintF

{

connectAs="CombatSprintF";

enableOptics=0;

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchSprintF:CombatSprintF

{

speed=-0.5;

looped=1;

duty=-0.7;

relSpeedMin=0.7;

relSpeedMax=1.0;

enableOptics=0;

};

Notice the difference speed=-0.5 with the 2 other related animation (crouch walk, crouch run) that have speed=-0.9, this way if you press the sprint key, you "crouch walk" more quickly.

8th Step

Now we need to modify the action that is linking the Crouch animation with this new "crouch walk", so search the following, else very will be a visual "oops" when going from crouch to "crouch walk"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CrouchToCrouchSprintF:Default

class CrouchToCrouchSprintF:Default

{

preload=1;

file="klekbeh.rtm";

speed=-0.4;

looped=0;

soundEnabled=0;

connectFrom[]={"Crouch",0.4};

enableOptics=0;

connectTo[]={"CrouchSprintF",0.4};

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class CrouchToCrouchSprintF:Default

{

preload=1;

file="precrouchwalktest.rtm";

speed=-0.4;

looped=0;

soundEnabled=0;

connectFrom[]={"Crouch",0.4};

enableOptics=0;

connectTo[]={"CrouchSprintF",1};

};

9th Step

Now you have finished, binarize the config.cpp you just modified into a config.bin by using cpp2bin (failing to do this will lead into the famous handgun bug when you will equip handgun)

Replace the config.bin from the mod (located in \Nameofthemod\Bin\ ) you daily use (back it up first) by this new one you just created.

You can try to replace the BIs one in Res\Bin\ but remember to back up the original.

Tested, tested again following my own step by step , and it works like it should, with that you can crouch walk

Have fun.

NOTICE : a config.cpp and a config.bin should not live together without problems, so remember to delete the config.cpp once you have transformed it into a config.bin