Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

and the second thing would be an approach that sanctuary did with the running ducked anim, define it new in the config, with the needed links to the next animations, but the example is slightly different, since a ducked running was implemented by BIS already, but without an animation, your approach would be, to define a whole new move (animation), but this is definatly the part where sanctuary has to take over, since its his field of expertise tounge_o.gif

Actually the walk while crouching was possible because BIS implemented the code for it , it was just redirected to stand walk/stand run/stand sprint in the config.

So basically, the crouch walk remains a - replacing - animations that just took a config edit that was just a modification of the BIS default, not an addition of code.

I have never succeeded in - adding - extra animations in the config that can be used by a key.

You can define new extra animations in the purpose to be used by switchmove/playmove or serie of scripts, like a lot of animation pack (like the Unified Animations pack you can find somewhere on the forum).

That is not that hard with some tutorials to define them, but they need to be defined in an addon config.cpp

Defining them in the main BIS config will not allow them to be used suddenly without any need of switchmove/playmove.

Adding extra animations for the user working like the new crouch walk is really out of my league.

There is a script that allow the user to bind some specific keys to specific scripts and so animations.

It has been released 1/2 month earlier in OFPEC, it is using the keys defined for the camera.sqs, but the problem is that the V key will disable them once used (like it disable the camera.sqs) and you can't select the key you want.

I don't know since that if someone succeeded in making workaround to circumvent those limitations and have a satisfying result , it would really be interesting as it would allow new -extra- animations to be used ingame by the user like the BIS animations.

Thought this might be more better here.

Wow, the recent development (compilation there of) in OFP animations has left me speech less. I use to edit animations my self and know the hard acks of frame by frame work.

To all the animators and coders/scripts writers out their...

CHEERS!

Flashpoint well never be the same again... smile_o.gif

well yea, thats why comunity is for... biggrin_o.gif

it's been 5 years when i keep OFP most playable...

An alternative to the previous "vbs-like" AI stand ready animation, i tried this time to make it less relaxed than in that previous animation and more ready to fight (the previous version more relaxed is on that page for those interested in it).

b47hbtvbsstandnew54xl.jpg

thanks to Honchoblack for the screenshot

Right Click on this link and Save...As

Extract the file "savarestanistat.rtm" from the zip archive and replace the one of the same name that is in your Anim.pbo

Like i previously said, the savarestanistat.rtm is interpolated by OFP itself, that means you don't need my animation pack to use it, you can use this animation with any animation pack without visual problem.

Hey Sanctuary,  is it possible to edit the animations where you have two options to either put your gun on your back or do the patrol animation? If this is possible, not to have have any ingame problems with someone who doesnt have the patrol animations. For example: if you use the patrol animation and someone your playing with doesnt have the animations your using, they would just see you with your gun on back?  

I was just wondering, because this would be cool to put in a mod that im making which replaces everything from the game.  And if it is possible, perhaps you could tell me how to do this or even try it yourself?

It is not possible in an animation replacement pack unfortunately.

Using a script , maybe it is possible to have an action forcing "patrol" or "weapon on back" animation to be used when walking, like the handsignal addon, but without scripting i don't think it is possible to do.

I am not sure it is possible, without using a script, to create completely new animations classes and sequences that are not already +/- defined by BIS.

By totally new classes, i mean unlike the classes already defined that allowed by a simple modification the crouch walk , the leaning , the rolling ... by example, as in the end they are replacing something, what you don't want to do for your patrol/not patrol project.

But even if it has not been done , it does not mean it is not possible , you can always try , it would be the first time someone made this working though.

Edit

Oh and for people interested, judging from some things i made since some nights, there will be a 1.6 version of my pack.

I hoped that i was lucky to see the end of this OFPAnim horrors, but unfortunately work has progressed enough on some new animations to justify a new version sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just don't expect it too soon as there is some more to do, and another project is keeping me busy too.

But there will be 1.6 sometime in your lifetime.

Splendid work on the crouchwalk, and the readystance.

Can you help me though? I've installed the lean anims but can use them. I've unpacked the anim.pbo, pasted the two files in, re-pbo the folder. the crouch works, the ready stance works, but i can (or don't know) how to impliment the lean function. Back and left/right, right?

The leaning , using the names i released them with, are working only when you are in "walking mode" (i think it is the F key by default, as i modified it to another key i am not sure anymoe)

The leaning does not work when the unit is jogging or sprinting.

You can use Lock@Germany mod if you want the leaning using another key, with all the config editing work already done.

Or you can change the animation names to another position (give a look to the animations list you can find to find the position you want).

You know that "sprint 45 degree to the right" bis animation you tweaked to work for OFP?  Do you think you could change one thing on that?  With this animation when you sprint the head is looking at the ground, well could you make it so your head is looking forward instead?  If it isnt to much troule that is...

I know there was an older version of your 45 degree sprint and the head did look forward, but the gun would be somewhat inside your body.

just a question/suggestion for Sanctuary:

could be those cool lean animations activated by pressing Forward+Right/Left instead of Backward+Right/Left ?

You must be quick when pressing these two keys, and if not, then you will make a step/two backward which could expose you and something bad can happen smile_o.gif

If you would use the "Forward" version instead, then nothing like this could happen.

Just rename the files from the leaning download

schuze135l.rtm   to   schuze45l.rtm

schuze-135l.rtm   to   schuze-45l.rtm

And you can activate the lean by walking Forward+Left or Right instead of the walking Backward+Left or Right

Is it possible to activate the leaning by Shift+Left/Right (in walking mode "F")

Is it possible to activate the leaning by Shift+Left/Right (in walking mode "F")

I belive what you are looking for is here: wink_o.gif

Animation MOD Topic

Already includes leaning from standing and crouched combat positions using Sanctuary's great Anims, aswell as a Combat-Roll from the lying postion.

Crouched walking is optional.

Leaning and rolling is activated by pressing shift+left/right(strafe) without the need to be in walking mode.

I belive what you are looking for is here: wink_o.gif

Animation MOD Topic

Already includes leaning from standing and crouched combat positions using Sanctuary's great Anims, aswell as a Combat-Roll from the lying postion.

Crouched walking is optional.

Leaning and rolling is activated by pressing shift+left/right(strafe) without the need to be in walking mode.

yeah but can u integrate your animations in the Anim.pbo? because I'm using FlashFx config so I cant use your animations.

yes you can, you can decide which way, either use the animation as a substitution for front/right/left, or use it as a substitution for back/right/left wink_o.gif

check page 18 of this thread how its done as a substitution for back/right/left, and page 20 for the substitution for front/right/left smile_o.gif

in the same way you can include the rolling animation introduced in Lockes pack, i use it as substitution for the lying strafe front right/left

hey all, first let me say that your animations are AWESOME, keep up the good work!

I have a little problem that I hope you guys can help me solve, so here's the deal:

I unzipped Locke@Germany's anim pack, I want to take some of his anims and integrate them in my Anim.pbo

prob9tx.th.jpg

I want to add the files that are incercled, but the thing is that I don't know their respective name, so how do I have to rename them b4 putting them in Anim.pbo???

I want the lean anim to work with Shift+Left/Right (in walking mode "F") and same with the roll in prone position. Can someone help to do so.

TIA

Sovietman -

as i wrote before, using these anims in a pbo is only possible once you substitute anims already used in the anim pbo, so using these anims you have to be walking (strafe) with the lean anims as for the roll anims

Right Left

the rolling anims are called (used for strafing to front lying)

plizeni45l.rtm and plizeni-45l.rtm

the lean standing anims are called (used for walking/front/left/right)

schuze45l.rtm and schuze-45l.rtm

if you want to use the lean ducked, i use it for walking/back/left/right

schuze135l.rtm and schuze-135l.rtm

you can also open a OFP config file, and do a search for the animation names above, there you will see the anims that are possible, and decide yourself which anims to substitute wink_o.gif

Hello,

First Thx to Sanctuary and Locke for them work.

I ve a kestion about Locke@Germany's anim pack, is it possible to assign another key than Shift + Arrow to the Lean movement rock.gif

Thx in advance smile_o.gif

I ve a kestion about Locke@Germany's anim pack, is it possible to assign another key than Shift + Arrow to the Lean movement rock.gif

Yes it would be possible to make e'm available through almost all key's and combinations, but my main goal was and is to add new moves without overwriting old original ones. The combinations i've used for leaning and rolling just had'nt a unique anim assigned to them, with the BIS CfgMoves it makes no difference if you press only left or shift+left, in both cases the same animation is played.

I had a terrible hangover today so I started to learn OFPanim, so I made a new crouchwalk animation. They are based on Sanctuarys AT-walk. I made those because the other crouchwalk version is in my opinion to high, almost no differense in height from normal walking, and you couldnt aim while crouchwalking.

Grab it here crouchaimwalk.rtm

If you want to enable ironsight while crouchwalking open your config and find this:

Quote[/b] ]

class CrouchWalkF:CombatWalkF

{

actions="CrouchActions";

connectAs="CombatWalkF";

enableOptics=0;

interpolateWith[]={"Crouch",1};

};

paste over that with this:

Quote[/b] ]

class CrouchWalkF:CombatWalkF

{

actions="CrouchActions";

file="crouchaimwalk.rtm";

speed=-0.8;

looped=1;

duty=-0.5;

enableOptics=1;

interpolateWith[]={"Crouch",1};

};

Thank you very much Santuary for your excellent work!

PS. I plan to make animations for all movement directions. This is just what I did today.

Good job icon14.gif

Much better for people that wanted to crouch walk but wanted to have the possibility to aim.

I think the balance of the unit isnt so good in this animation. I should have made the unit to lean little backward as to counterweight the rifle. Maybe I change it, hopefully someone else will biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] had a terrible hangover today so I started to learn OFPanim, so I made a new crouchwalk animation. They are based on Sanctuarys AT-walk. I made those because the other crouchwalk version is in my opinion to high, almost no differense in height from normal walking, and you couldnt aim while crouchwalking.

Grab it here crouchaimwalk.rtm

Could you post some screenshots of this please?

Here is a short movie with the crouchaimwalk

hi  smile_o.gif

I watched your video anmd even tho it lagged abit on my PC. here my opinion:

Pros.

It ls running somewhat smooth witch means you can use OFPanim which is very good.

Cons.

Have you tried walking like that? while its ,almost, posibel(I have just tried, both with and with out kneepads, easier with out) there is no way the gun would be that steady especialy when the gun is not supported by the shoulder. This is not away I think enyone would use to crouch walk dosen't feel natual, its stressfull and painfull as you slam your knee into the ground all the time. Insted I think you shpuld make an animation of the currently used CQB walk, it should just have more bend legs, its good for removing the up and down movement of the the gun you get by walking normale strait up and your torso is bend forward to intercept recoile and to counter the muzzel raise. You might not know what im talking about but actualy the Anime used in Rainbow six raven shield is correct and if you don't belive me whatch this video of the Detroit SWAT team training at fort Benning whach how they move and then make oone where the legs are even more bend. smile_o.gif

ps. know its easier said than done.

STGN

edit forgot the video:

SWAt action

real media format.