Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

The subject of this thread : sharing animations for OFP to every people usage.

So any of you can download the animations found in this thread and use them for what you want without having to ask permission.

you can find an animation list in THAT PAGE and in THIS PAGE

To begin with this thread i wanted to change the default "AI-only" BIS -ready- stance (the name file is savarestanistat.rtm in the anim.pbo) , and here is the result

ghghklghu.jpg

You can download this animation from there (you must RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS on the link)

You can download this file in a .rar archive instead of a .zip archive,

by RIGHT CLICKING on that link and selecting Save As (left clicking will not make the download to work, blame the host)

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : new download link :

Click with the Right Button of your mouse on that link and select Save....As .

It should work

Quote[/b] ]A very good tutorial can be found in

OFP Anim Center.

It is the animation ressource (in french and in english) website of Flashpointgamer (a team member of the Operation Frenchpoint mod).

For the moment, the tutorial is about making static anim , but you can try to replace default OFP static anim

Actually in french, but an english version should come soonâ„¢

Nice static position Hockey112 .

I made another one , a modification this time, to replace the AI "combat ready" animation (the one used for the human players default animation)

dfhnx4651.jpg

To build it , instead of taking the default anim, i selected a static anim i had from a pack (from Dreamy Knight pack)and gave it a more "dynamic" stance to translate the combat situation by giving a different position to the legs.

Ingame the result is very good in my opinion

In the Anim.pbo , this animation is called Sstanistat.rtm

If someone is interested by it to replace this BIS animation, you can download my modified one THERE (Right click on the link and Save as)

by RIGHT CLICKING on that link and selecting Save As (left clicking will not make the download to work, blame the host)

It should work

Sanctuary, very nice standready anim. Looks like VBS. biggrin_o.gif

Very pity that english version isnt available. sad_o.gif

Hey, add me on MSN, hakonpo_90@hotmail.com

Sorry, i don't have MSN, and don't plan to use it or a similar program in the future.

You can join me by PM if you want

Yes, it is a pity the english version of the tutorial is not online yet.

Sanctuary, very nice standready anim. Looks like VBS. biggrin_o.gif

Very pity that english version isnt available.

Thanks,

Actually , i made those 2 animations stances yesterday , just after having read the tutorial, it was the first time ever i touched the OFP Anim program.

So if someone like me with no clue at all and with no 3D skills at all can do this , i think that everybody can do this by following this tutorial.

It is a very well done one, honestly.

Maybe you should contact the author to show the interest of the non-french speaking people about animating, it should speed up things a bit about the english translation of the tutorial.

For people interested by replacing animations, i made another one to replace the BIS M2 machinegunner position in the Anim.pbo.

etyetj.jpg

Just download the zip file by Right Clicking on that link and select Save As.

In the zip there are 2 files : M2GUNNER.rtm and M2GUNNERstat.rtm

It should work

Both are the same exact new position, but OFP use one of those file for the player and the other for the AI when in M2 gunner position.

You can use any of those animation files to make your own anim.pbo replacement pack and even release it without asking me first or without having to credit me on anything.

where is the tutorial from anim center? Just says "coming soon" on their website.

Quote[/b] ]Welcome to OFP-Anim Center

Comming Soon!

- Flashpointgamer -

Well. I dont want to bother author because he seems to be working on it. tounge_o.gif

I made an alternative animation for the M2 gunner , because i was a bit annoyed with the leg position , and if some people were annoyed too, you can download this alternative

here is a screenshot to show the difference between the 2 new animations

hfhjkfhk.jpg

You can download the zip file by Right Clicking on that link and select Save As.

In the zip there are 2 files : M2GUNNER.rtm and M2GUNNERstat.rtm

Both are the same exact new position, but OFP use one of those file for the player and the other for the AI when in M2 gunner position.

It should work

Wilco (not me, im Wildo  wink_o.gif ) will gladly donate his whole anim replacment pack for anyone to share and work off of, all he asks for is a "thank you" in the credits  smile_o.gif  (and possibly a small cash supllement for me for being a slave  rock.gif )

for more information PM him

Wildo (like wilco but with a d  biggrin_o.gif )

P.s. unfortunatly Wilco is banned from posting (so he says wink_o.gif ) BUT you CAN still PM him smile_o.gif

Hey guys, could you do me a special favor and develop a parade marching animation. Something with a Soviet "imperial flavor" would be very nice.

I'm having problems getting individual units to look like they are marching, so it seems that a good animation for this would be the best way to solve this problem.

Who wouldn't agree that a good campaign would need to see a militaristic enemy government doing a LARGE parade march in the city capital.

I'm also going to ask a question in a forum topic about how to best make units appear marching in case I can't get an animation to do this.

Keep me informed.

Later,

Havoc.

There already is such an animation by JSDF...

It contains guarding animations and a marching animation with different demo missions...

If you don't find it, i can send you a DL-link via pm...

yes , JSDF made 2 "parade march" animation

Sgt. Milkman made a Unified Animation Pack collecting a lot of animations from different sources , including those 2 parade marchse animations

You can download the pack from this thread

The names for those 2 animations are

JSDFmarch1

JSDFmarch2

This is an experience,

I was a bit annoyed ingame, while i am crouching when i am not moving to see every other AI units of a squad to stand up in the wild or proning only if they are in ombat mode, the crouch stance was too rare with the AI

So i wanted to see how can look ingame the AI soldiers if instead of standing up in its ready stance , he was crouched

I had to change the rotation that the AI can do when it wants to face a certain direction, as those rotation were animated with a standing position (so i can say that i just did my first non static animation ever smile_o.gif )

Surprisingly (as it is my first attempt), it does not look as bad ingame as i feared and can be interesting for some of you that are looking for more variation in the game.

ryguiohfy.jpg

You can download the animation replacement (replace the default file of the same name in the Anim.pbo) by Right Clicking on that link and Save As

It should work

The savarestanistat.rtm is the static animation "ready" (that is AI only, the human player never use this animation)

The 2 other files are the non static animations that are making the AI to rotate when they are idle in "ready" position to find the correct orientation. Those are using the crouched animation i did for the "ready" static one.

And as those 2files are my first non static animation ever , it can certainly be reworked to look better.

This time, it is not really a new animation, but more of a try to make a correction of a BIS one.

I guess it can have the interest of some people so i share it.

You have certainly noticed that when you are reloading in prone position your hand never ever touch the magazine and is moving in mid air.

I made an attempt of fixing it by moving the arm and the hand on the magazine.

Not really perfect , but better than nothing and the "mystic" way of reloading in prone position used by the BIS animation

Here is the screenshot showing what it does (the animation is not a static one)

c2-gnlsdbe.jpg

You can download the animation by Right Clicking on that link and Save As.

It should work

Take the animation file PLIZENINABIJ.rtm and replace the one of the same name in the Anim.pbo to have the prone reloading animation replaced by the "corrected" one.

Sanctuary, this is really great work. Keep it up man. You've been contributing a lot to the community lately!

thanks guys wink_o.gif

If you have made some animations even basic ones like mines, feel free to share them in that thread, do not be shy wink_o.gif

the more choices, the better smile_o.gif

I was a machine gunner in the military and commonly layed behindthe M60 differenly than the stock bis troops do. You do up any Animation for that. And need a animataion for a sagger gunner as well .

well, anims i got to share are rare (lol biggrin_o.gif ),

only 1 which i could offer would be a new stand reload anim by wilco..but i dunno if he permits it