Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

OFP Animation Sharing Center

After several hours of my nights spent working on this and even too many extra-time to try to release it before monday, i decided to cancel the pack.

Oops, i wanted to say i am testing the pack biggrin_o.gif

If i find it satisfying and find no problem, there should be a release today. smile_o.gif

Lol,

he's been bitten, he has the bug. Sanctuary, there is no looking back now mate, u have succumbed to the ofp addon/improvement "bug".

All I can say is "good luck" and join the club .

wink_o.gif

Zay

Great stuff mate.

he he wink_o.gif

If it was not responsible of some headaches, i would laugh in front of how many small bugs decided to popup , forcing me to correct a lot of things just for a so light bug.

It is decided, i hate interpolations biggrin_o.gif

Thank you

Finally, 1.4 is now ready for release, i have not seen anything wrong in some testing sessions.

It should be uploaded in OFP.info when Hoohaman will be available.

Quote[/b] ]The updated 1.4 version is a major rework of the previous pack , featuring extensive hours of rework and loss of sleep.

-fixed deformation of the forearm when playing the complex jogging or running animations

-fixed deformation of the upper body when being prone (and so interpolations starting/ending from it), it was not as easy as i thought, but finally it is done.

-Complete rework of all the interpolations animations , more frames by interpolations, lending with something ess robotic (several long , very long nightly hours spent on this, need to sleep now) and more natural.

-New crouch and prone static animations (and the animations starting/ending to them)with full interpolation with the other stances

-Squashed several really annoying small bugs.

Now, that is great news !

Any screens, or we shall see by ourselves before the end of the day ?

Thanks for your work Sanctuary, guess you owe to sleep now !

Great animations, i like the way you now see the gun you're holding. Best thing since ECP and new sky addon. One thing, thoug. The switch between throwing granade anim and holding the gun again should be reworked. Hope to see it in 1.4. Can't wait to see it.

Grenade animations have not been remade, maybe in the future.

But not exactly soonâ„¢ as i take a break from OFPAnim.

Feel free to improve the animations yourself, they are here for that.

Thank you very much Sanctuary for improving gameplay in OFP even more!

SancAnims 1.4 has become standard for my playing in OFP!

As did before: EECP 0.4.4, DXDLL, llaumax

No way going back and using the old anims! biggrin_o.gif

sanctuary can you tell me which animations you changed in the newest 1.4 version of your replacement ?

i just want to put your new files in my good ol anim.pbo and don´t know what to cut out of v1.4  sad_o.gif

edit: typo

edit˛: do´h .. again

I can forget some, but list of files that have changed between 1.3 and 1.4

crouched aiming

klek.rtm

binocular - crouched

klEkDALEKend.rtm

klEkDALEKstart.rtm

klEkDALEKstat.rtm

crouched to stand

klekdostani.rtm

crouched to prone

klEklEH.rtm

crouched reload

klEknaBIJ.rtm

prone aiming

lEH.rtm

prone to stand

lehdostanis.rtm

prone to crouch

LEHKLEK.rtm

prone binocular

PLAZENIDALEK.rtm

PLAZENIDALEK2.rtm

PLAZENIDALEKSTAT.rtm

prone reloading

PLIZENINABIJ.rtm

stand aiming

Sstanistat.rtm

stand to prone

stanisdolehu.rtm

stand to crouch

ssTANIDOKLEK.rtm

stand reloading

SNABIJ.rtm

stand binocular

sDALEK.rtm

sDALEK2.rtm

sDALEKSTAT.rtm

jogging

sbeh0l.rtm

sprinting

ssprint0.rtm

i rewoked the Grenade anime a bit, it is not that good to release to the public nor to send it to someone else, but atless my OFP model wont pull the pin by teeth now biggrin_o.gif

You think all the animations i posted in this thread are perfect in any ways , some are really horrible biggrin_o.gif

Don't be reluctant to share your work, new animations are always better than none wink_o.gif

Sanctuary, the anim pack is awsome, and It has become a standard for me too, along with FlashFX, but I noticed, there is a slight problem with the Secondary Weapon proxy in the stationary anims:

secweapprob7qq.th.jpg

For the most part the rest of the anims are great, my only problem is that I can't use radio's anymore   sad_o.gif

Edit: Maybe someone could fix it?

On all the tests, i never tested with a secondary weapon other than a launcher, it seemed acceptable, but now i see this radio position is not exactly where it is supposed to be. I will try to fix it when i will have the time.

Quote[/b] ]he's been bitten, he has the bug. Sanctuary, there is no looking back now mate, u have succumbed to the ofp addon/improvement "bug".

Zayfod was right unfortunately crazy_o.gif

argh....

I guess there will be a version 1.5 soonâ„¢ (but not very soonâ„¢ as i will try to add more than this in it)

I really love this pack man! Best anims by far.

I found one problem with the transitions though.

When you are crouched and you press walk or run, its jerky. The transition aint smooth. Can you fix this in 1.5? If not, well I can live with it. Again, thanks!

I will try.

Just don't hope it will be very soonâ„¢ as i have nightmare thinking on how many frames i will need to modify just to get the radio in an acceptable position , without losing a smooth feeling in the interpolation, knowing the limitation of OFPAnim that are really making this fixes really a living hell.

Maybe i will finish it for OFP2 biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to copy-paste frames in the OFPAnim?

You can copy paste or move a frame inside a SAME animation, you cannot copy paste a frame to another animation (that is a really highly annoying limitation of OFPAnim, making everything certainly 100 times longer and more difficult)

Click "Extra" and click Frame Browser.

Another limitation , as annoying as the previous one is that you can't copy paste a position (weapon proxy, member position) from a frame to another, neither "attach" a proxy (weapon/launcher) to the hand (it would have been too easy to work with such features i guess biggrin_o.gif )

But despite all these terrible limitations, OFPAnim is a good free program, congratulation and thanks again to Dschulle from AEF-Kampagne for creating it.

Little new update on the future 1.5 .

-----Spent my sunday on making interpolations animation for "crouch to run" , "prone to run" and tweaking the "run to prone".

The result is very satisfying and will be in 1.5

Not totally smooth as unfortunately OFP use the same animation from going "crouch/prone to sprint" and going "crouch/prone to jogging". (and my custom jogging and sprinting animations are not exactly the same)

But smooth enough from my point of view, and a lot way better than the "stuttering" that was there before for those 2 specific animations

-----Began to adjust the position of the launcher proxy on the models for all the frames, to get rid of the problem for user made soldiers using an user made radio device in the place of a rocket launcher as KyleSarnik pointed to me.

The actual new position that will make it into 1.5 should be good for both radio and launcher (previously it was only good for rocket launcher)

But, there remains lots of frames with this launcher proxy (actually all the binocular and reloading animations, all the static and interpolations bewteen them are done) adjustement to do to complete this part

-----Will certainly introduce a modified running and jogging animation that i have mostly completed, just the left hand position on the gun will change.

Previously the hand was catching the magazine, but i was pointed out that it was not visually satisfying for weapons with magazine in a different place (like the OFrP Famas)

New hand position done on both animations , looks good so far and will should be adapted for all the kinds of guns.

More testing on it , and it will be in 1.5

But i will certainly release as standalone animations the actual ones that are catching the magazine, as they look good for all the weapons that have the magazine in the classic position.

This way , if you don't feell about taking them from the 1.4 pbo , you will be able to introduce them yourself in the 1.5 pbo when it will be done.

When all that part will be finished, i will try to do 3 new grenade launching animations, beginning with my actual static stand/crouch/prone to keep them smooth interpolated with my other animations, but it will certainly take a lot of time to get them right. So i don't make promise on this , as it can be really annoying.

NOTICE :

for people that are customizing the animation pack : the animation named savarestanistat.rtm (the AI only stance when they are ready) can be replaced without hurting any interpolations.

That specific static animation is interpolated with everything by OFP itself. So if you have a better animation you can replace the one from my pack without killing the smoothness of the interpolations.

Aww man, thats awsome, keep it up!   biggrin_o.gif

Now all we need are new foot step sounds with the sound of the soldiers' gear rattling when the run. biggrin_o.gif