Sign in to follow this  
UsMarine408

The New USMC MOD

Nah Captain the desert version isn´t canceled biggrin_o.gif ... only the one with the naked woman on the side of the chopper

to reveal somethin

CH-53E Super Stallion (4 camo versions)

CH-53D Sea Stallion (4 camo versions)

MH53E Sea Dragon

MH53J PAVE LOW III (2 camo versions)

CH-53E Super Stallion (folded rotor, 4 camo versions)

CH-53E Super Stallion Wreck

Sounds good to me FischKopp. I hope eveything comes together nicely for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Thanks,

Monty

in a way we had the same sad story as the USMC mod with it's ups and downs

??

*Takes deep, slow breaths in a paper bag to stop hyperventalation* wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Holy CRAP! those look Awesome! when is the release date? Do you know?

Me and my dad have been wanting a good Pavelow sine BAS stopped theirs! wow_o.gif

@FK,

ah, ok. That clears things up. I was already afraid something terrible had happened. The naked lady would have been a nice detail, but it would only distract people and would look wierd when using multiple choppers (all with the same lady).

The news about the choppers is great!

About the (finished) LAV pack;

Are the winter units still in there? I suppose so, but I almost can't believe that there done already (you work fast).

Only the LAV-25 is in winter camo. after a discussion within the mod we decided to cancle it cos it would have nothin to do with the things we want to do.

Maybe, I starting to dream smile_o.gif , if the mod will ever released and the comm like it we could discuss about a expansion for winter stuff. But to be honest, I didn´t think that this will happen (the expansion wink_o.gif )

Fear dicision. I can understand it. it would also mean you must create a complete set of winter soldiers ect, ect. If the story-line of the mod is not directly winter-related than it's just a lot of work for nothing.

Although I really loved the way that winter LAV looked. But ah, you can't do everything.

About the opfor, how about the north koreans? Some guy named Remo/Remov (forgot his name) made a DPRK pack. You could tweak that a bit (I did it), I can provide you with some info that I found on the net (what they're guns are, squad organization, etc. etc.). I can help out a bit with the cpp'ing for that stuff but I'm still not that advanced yet, still looking at other cpp's for examples. Drop me a line if your interested. smile_o.gif

about north Korean ... that would mean we also need South Korean units and US amry units ... cos they would be the first to fight in that case ... the marines would only appearing as a support force after the first combats.

about north Korean ... that would mean we also need South Korean units and US amry units ... cos they would be the first to fight in that case ... the marines would only appearing as a support force after the first combats.

Naaah, don't worry about the army (think of CBT if you really need the army). You could always designate an area where mainly marines fight (so that you could exclude army units in your missions, you can mention them in briefings like, army units fight in the northern part of the island while marines fight in the south, so you never have to see army humvees or something). And the south koreans, some guys named Rezin made south Korean troops (but still no auto-Asian faces sad_o.gif ), and a K1 tank...  

It's not much I know, but I had the impression that you would make missions focused on combat with the marines and sometimes a few allied infantry units, so you don't need much no? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

edit:

Oh by the way, in case your interested, if you can't find these addons (DPRK pack, ROK soldiers, ROK K1) just tell me, I got em on me harddrive (and I still know where I got em from, except for the K1, can't find that thing on Rezin's page anymore).

I think a central african conflict would be better. It let's you use both the woodland and the desert vehicles/soldiers in the same campaign. These also have a much more interesting arsenal ranging from 'technicals' to the chieftain and perhaps even more modern equipment, but that depends on the country and type of conflict.

Just says page cannot be displayed! sad_o.gif is it the one where it gets it probe chopped off?

Campaign Idea: Marines fighting highly trained Mercenaries in Africa or some other part of the world. I don't know if you heard about it but there was a group of special forces from South Africa who became a meceneary group (Executive Outcomes) and they fought in two wars in Africa and did a really good job. They brought peace to a country but then the UN kicked them out and the country fell back into war.

Nice choppers by the way they are my favorite kind or atleast onf of them.

Quote[/b] ]... and stop asking the Earl & Suchey questions related to this MOD
Quote[/b] ]The Only thing I do at mom is the CH-53 and working sometimes on HMMWV´s... LAV is finished
Quote[/b] ]... and NZXSHADOW is no member of this mod all stuff he has done is now a part of  COMBAT! ...

*that means UH-1N/Y, AH-1W, CH-46E, AAV7A1 afaik

... only two pages before  mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif ... read the topic before posting questions ... i think i shall start to ignore this kind of questions  tounge_o.gif  

Just says page cannot be displayed!  sad_o.gif    is it the one where it gets it probe chopped off?

yup. Not funny really. Thank god the rotor was stronger than the probe. I've also seen that vid of that Sea Knight that crashed into the sea while trying to land on the deck. It was posted as something funny, but marines did die in that incident sad_o.gif

@FK;

I'm suprized you even answered the guy tounge_o.gif

Is there already an idea for a scenario for the mod

For an opfor and setting, how about ripping off Ghost Recons Cuba expansion i.e Castro dies and anarchy breaks out. Or Haiti - although Tonal kinda covers a similar environment.

Phillipines or Indonesia would give you a setting no one else has covered and their both intresting and have lots of conflicts.

Just says page cannot be displayed!  sad_o.gif    is it the one where it gets it probe chopped off?

yup. Not funny really. Thank god the rotor was stronger than the probe. I've also seen that vid of that Sea Knight that crashed into the sea while trying to land on the deck. It was posted as something funny, but marines did die in that incident  sad_o.gif

@FK;

I'm suprized you even answered the guy  tounge_o.gif

Is there already an idea for a scenario for the mod

yeah I saw it on @war. It said that it costed like 1.3 million dollars. I'm not positive, but it was alot of money. It does showcase how powerful their engines are, though.

P.S.

I saw the Sea Knight vid to, not funny.

Ideas for mod themes are very easy, just pick a RL one, make it fictional and change the events, sides and outcome.

Imagine Indonesia and East Timor, now change their names to something fictional and imagine that on its way to the Gulf a marine force is diverted to a small country due to reports of escalating violence, a country that has been ocupied for long but due to this or that incident (U.N. forces atacked, reports of extreme violence or genocide, etc) the marines are deployed there to enforce security blah blah..

Now to make it more believable we could throw the rogue general in charge of the area who has gone mad and there we have it biggrin_o.gif .

A half decent theme for the USMC mod made in 30 seconds tounge_o.gif .

Before the Rangers and Delta's was sended to the Mog the USMC was there to restore the peace what about that rock.gif

I know it prob won't happen but I'd like to see a campaign based on the war on terror... like maybe versus syria or iran which both could be possible wars very soon..just a thought...

Before the Rangers and Delta's was sended to the Mog the USMC was there to restore the peace what about that rock.gif

Somalia is overdone i guess and it isnt modern enough, plus balance wise it would be unbalanced and boring wink_o.gif .

"about Full conversion: Yes i think ... or i would vote for a RIP version ... My personal opinion: Why i prefer a full conversion. Here you have a campagin and mission to use the addons. Today i get the kind of feeling that theire a lot of good addons out there but you found no good missions for the addons (only a few)."

Mods (I'm talking about full conversion mods) are too big and bulky and hard to manage, while addons or packs are a lot easier to fix or modify. Besides, some people probably won't need certain parts of your total conversion mod, but they will have to use the whole thing anyway…

Also, if you make a real full conversion chances are high that we probably won't be able to use it alongside with other full conversion mods like FDF or CSLA-2, and many folks won't like that at all.  

Let's have a look at one of the most promising mods – "Liberation 1941-45". It's about World War 2, so the creators could easily turn it into a total conversion mod, but they don't do that. You can use their tanks or weapons (give them to FIA Resistance for example) against basic BIS units and everything will be nice and realistic.

Something I like about this mod is that they release what they have already completed and don't wait till the entire mod is ready. I think it is a good policy. smile_o.gif

Goold luck!

P.S. I am a mission maker, and I don't think there's a lack of good missions. I guess many mission makers don't feel like publsihing their new scenarios, because they think all OFP fans are already experienced enough to make their own stuff.