Sign in to follow this  
remo

AfganEveron

It looks very nice and I hope it will be released soon. I've been looking forward to this island for a long time smile_o.gif

Here it is, Afganeveron is out at the end. It's version 1.0 and it has a lot of things to be improved, especialy buildings' faces and geolod, and some places. Textures transition also are not top quality.

It's 25mo only and it lag only in some big cities.

It comes with the afganO.pbo the object&building pack that can be use to build middleeastern map.

I hope you'll have fun with it, we had a lot in MP with the beta testing team.

Comment to improve it are welcome

Download here at our site

Link doesn't work sad_o.gif

thank you for the map, i know i will spend quite some time on your "island", what i have seen so far is excellent, everything seems to fit in and blend in well, very good map, the result is more than worth the long wait smile_o.gif

Some pics of AfganeveronV2, soon to come

A small "Northen Africa style" hidden part :

afganeveron25.jpg

Near Taloquan :

afganeveron20.jpg

Main update :

- Texture transitions are smother (made with visitor)

- more vegetation and rock

- more places (instead of just "desert" in the SouthOuest and SouthEast)

Fixed :

Building have been completly reworked and many useless poly removed, low lod adden, face transition corrected, and above all :

- position now available (no more targering the building when ordered to go at position#1

- path added in cities/buildings in order to enable AI soldier to move in narrowstreets (work at 70%)

Taleb vs Northern alliance pack update also on the way

Remo

OFPD

PS I checked to a collegue of mine who is a (univ.) professor specialized in pakistanese languages : it's 100% accurate to make the taleb shout in penjabi smile_o.gif

Nice work mate, cant wait fo the new version thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Taleb vs Northern alliance pack update also on the way

When you say this, do you mean those same ones from before with a new beard or are you talking new models?

I think "updating" those units might be beating a dead horse as they say.

Great news! I was just about to ask, if you're still working on it. Look's fine! notworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

V2pack.jpg

More Screenshots Here

Afganeveron will be a 26 mb rar file

Taleb vs NA less than 14mb rar file

We'll put also an "AfghanBonusPack" to play the 35+ missions pack also in bound

Why not make talibs on DMA's MidEast guerillas base?They look far superior than JJR's.

The map itself looks well and with a bit imagination and some SWAF and mogadisho buildings it looks like VBS indeed.

This looks very good, far superior to the original release!

Although, if I may make a suggestion, I typically saw Northern Alliance fighters wearing a particular type of camouflage uniform, just the jacket or the pants, rarely a complete uniform, but perhaps this could be included?

Unfortunately I can't quite find you a decent reference. It was a tan-based 'tigerstripe' -esque uniform. Sorry I cannot be more specific than that at the moment.

And if I recall correctly, perhaps clean the groups and individual unit lists up a bit too. It was messy enough to hinder mission-making last time.

Is there going to be Caves feuterd in this map ? icon_rolleyes.gif

@AKM

theres something i always wanted to ask your : Are you the addon maker Vit ? [or its is AKM-74 ? smt like that]

Heh...no, he's not Vit. I can vouch for that.

Abs

Me? Vit? Shit, but I wish I had that guy's talent. I think I recall a rather kickass Russian APC pack.

No, I'm simpy "AK." Problem is, these boards wanted a three letter minimum, so I became "AKM." At the time I favoured the brute force of the 7.62x39mm over the "rip shit up"-ism of the 5.45x39mm.

So these units won:t have HD mags then? That's a shame. But this map looks fantastic. SOunds promising if the AI can move around the cities easily. Im looking forward to a few scraps on this!

Bring it on!

You guys make te addons i like the most, OFPD and Afganeveron are my favorite. Hope to pay it soon. biggrin_o.gif

Remo, why there is no single word about that at OFP-D site? ... I checked there not later than yesterday and nope - nothing. Furthermore, the site has been dead for about three months now. I am dissapointed that the Korean Pack update has been cancelled, too - or at least it looks like ... I only hope that this time - when it comes to the Afghan pack - it is going to be released in the end ... Take care of the quality of the missions; I was sometimes put off by terrible mistakes in the "Sector Charlie" campaign whereas the idea, the quality of the addons and the NVA pack itself were of a high quality, with only minor drawbacks. It better to release a few less than a plenty, but of a lower quality. Quality, not quantity, they say. take care & good luck.

I don't really understand why JAM support has been removed from the units, it was nice to be able to use different kind of weapons sharing the same kind of ammo ingame, and of course the HD mags were a nice possiblity to simulate longer firefights like in reality , something not possible in OFP otherwise because of the lack of opportunity cover in the OFP flat terrains.

But that said, the units and the island looks really nice, keep up this great work Remo icon14.gif

@burroughs : well the OFPD site is not updated if we don't have particular things to post, anyway we added little words this afternoon wink_o.gif.

Concerning the North Korea update it's still schedule, I don't work straight road because I started in addons making from the 0 level, thus when I learned something by working on a pack, il go back to the other to improve it and "vice et versa". NorthKorean pack is done at 75% including renewed buildings set with the qualificationI acquired working in afghaneveron.

Same for "Sector Charlie" mission, I learned a lot by making it and same mistake won't be there, only brand new bugs biggrin_o.gif

@Sanctuary (salut) : Jam is great but the choice I made doesn't depend of jam itself but on the way it works. I wanted to reduce dependency at the max, but more of this I wanted it could be play with any mod like CSLA, FDF, ECP, DMA or other. If it was "jammed", it would have been a mess to play it with nojammed units...