Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

i guess they are busy making ofp to xbox.. crazy_o.gif

talk about selling out the true ofp fans.

I don't think that's a fair attitude as I know plenty of people that are anxiously awaiting OFP Xbox. What is a 'true' OFP fan anyway?

The Xbox fans have to wait now anyway as it too has been delayed until Summer 2005 it seems.

sad .... truely sad ..... sad_o.gif

This news plus just this minute loosing a 200k / 70+ hours work on a MISSION.SQM file ...... without a backup mad_o.gif has really made my night ...... definely time to go to bed and have a good cry.

Oh ... IMHO .... VBS is NOT going to get you through to 2006 ..... although very "tuned" it does not have (and will not at the current prices) the community that OFP:R has.

There is a small chance this OFP:R community will make it through to 2006 .... but certainly no where near the levels of support now experienced, BF2, Stalker, Doom3, HL2 etc etc will eventually fix that .... sad_o.gif

..... although a couple of good patches would inject some life ... hint hint

How about BIS reducing the price of VBS too keep us hardcore OFP fans happy?

Yeah, VBS1 has nothing to do with OFP. That gesture would make no real sense. As much as game communities are a good thing and I sometimes enjoy being part of them, they often have an inflated view of their own worth.

Just read this over at the forums at ofp.info

Quote[/b] ]

Quote (Bojler @ Aug. 06 2004,11:03)

Almost everyone from BIS are working on OFP for XBOX... Just a few graphic designers are working on OFP2 for now, nothing is done... Even they have no final concept how the game will look like.

Quote (Placebo @ Aug. 06 2004,11:29)

What makes you think that?

Quote (Bojler @ Aug. 06 2004,11:43)

Source in BIS

I so hope that isn´t true because that´s exactly what i feared, that they havn´t even started working seriously on ofp2 at all.

If that´s true i think the game won´t make it even with release date of spring 2006.. more like spring 2008. sad_o.gif

All this means is it will be twice as good. biggrin_o.gif

I know Merik said it was going to be a "very ambitious" project, so lets give him and the most excellent OFP team some breathing room and let them do what they do best.

In the mean-time Doom 3 has hit the store shelves and Half-Life 2 will be out this month as well smile_o.gif

PS,

lets not forget OFP X-Box is just around the bend smile_o.gif

HL2 is not til september m8 smile_o.gif , im pretty dissaionted in the fact we heard this from a codemasters website, and there  was'nt an offical press release explian why here was a delay.

@wolfsbane, what? so its taken them nearly 2 years to port a game for x-box (which is a obloslete games machine for todays standards) and have nothing to show for ofp2? mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif i want to hurt someone, i kno its silly but its just the way i am.

looks like i'll being making addons for OFP1 for a long time.....

More time to finish up mods smile_o.gif Plus i wont miss the release by being in Ecuador at the time..... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Almost everyone from BIS are working on OFP for XBOX... Just a few graphic designers are working on OFP2 for now, nothing is done... Even they have no final concept how the game will look like.

Source in BIS

I so hope that isn´t true because that´s exactly what i feared, that they havn´t even started working seriously on ofp2 at all.

If that´s true i think the game won´t make it even with release date of spring 2006.. more like spring 2008. sad_o.gif

In BISs eyes

PC OFP community = 0

Microsoft = $$$

Military = $$$

Just like I was saying.

Anyone from BIS care to say anything different on thier own forums? Thought not.

Anyone from BIS care to say anything different on thier own forums? Thought not.

how about considering that it's 8-9 hours early there, it is really possible that BIS guys are either at home eating dinner or getting drunk at a local pub?(most likely tounge_o.gif)

how about considering that it's 8-9 hours early there, it is really possible that BIS guys are either at home eating dinner or getting drunk at a local pub?(most likely tounge_o.gif)

Then why is Placebo here now  {8^)

BIS, there's no need to be shy. wink_o.gif

Then why is Placebo here now

I believe Placebo has a chip in his head that directly connects him to all the OFP forums simultaneously.

Quote[/b] ]HL2 is not til september m8 , im pretty dissaionted in the fact we heard this from a codemasters website, and there was'nt an offical press release explian why here was a delay.

It wouldn't suprise me that HL2 was delayed till Sept. I guess they figure one huge game title release in August is enough.

I know this is off the subject, but can some who owns VBS1 tell me if it's worth the money ?

Is it really that much better than OFP?

Can you import OFP addons and Mods into the simulator and run them ?

Who ever answers the questions gets an advanced copy of OFP2 wink_o.gif J/K

hmm BIS standard logic... grab all good addonmakers and scew the public over and over again

rock.gif

again, to remind us all, VBS is not a game, and is meant to be as a training tool.

If it is a training tool, then why do so many civies have it? This sucks, I guess I will have to play, stalker, HL2, Sims 2, etc, and then go through college before I can play ofp2. X_X

At least they've now come out and admitted the true release date. This is what many in the community have been nagging BIS about. Many of us knew there would be a huge delay because of work on OFP Xbox, and some of us predicted the 2006 release date long ago, it was just a matter of getting BIS to be upfront about it.

As for whether they don't care about the PC community, that's up for debate. The test will be whether OFP2 will be a progression towards a "war-sim," rather than a rehash of OFP with prettier graphics incorporating "console-friendly" features.

Quote[/b] ]If it is a training tool, then why do so many civies have it?

Is this even true? I checked the VBS1 page, and it's not sold to civillians. If there are civillians with it, may I ask how can I go about purchasing 2 copies for myself? Anyone?

Quote[/b] ]If it is a training tool, then why do so many civies have it?

Is this even true? I checked the VBS1 page, and it's not sold to civillians. If there are civillians with it, may I ask how can I go about purchasing 2 copies for myself? Anyone?

u missed some news my friend wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Source in BIS

In BISs eyes

PC OFP community = 0

Microsoft = $$$

Military = $$$

Just like I was saying.

What are you talking about?

Do You really beleive what your saying?

And to all others, just be happy it wont take them 5 new years for a new engine..

and wolfsbane whoever said that must be wrong, I'm pretty sure they have been working on ofp2 for some year now, of course it has taken some extra time porting for XBOX, remember the memory issue?

and if BIS didnt care why would they even have patches for us or a forum we can discuss in??

grow up!

And BIS doesn't have to state anything that might not even be true, it can be done earlier or later, it may look like there will be a spring 2006 release but it doesn't have to be.. Something that seems to be hard to implement now might be easier in just a few weeks!!!

EDIT: oh and another thing, if BIS wanted money why wouldnt they let CM publish it, it would get more sales !