Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

Guest major gandhi

sad news, I'm really thinking about buying vbs1 now. anyway ofp1 is still the only game of its kind avaiable.

now, it would be really time to release the ofp source code to the ofp community. than the community could try to improve the engine themself

Or a new addon pack that updates the engine to the same (or better) as the Xbox version (1.5 methinks). And as a little bonus maybe a high res pack that replaces EVERYTHING (pretty much) with new higher detailed models and textures, VBS1 quality for the whole game. That'd be nice and I bet it'd be a lot easier and faster than you'd think.

It's okay. The addon makers and community brainiacs now have more time to improve OFP to the limit. There have been made huge steps already, now go on! Take the OFP engine to its limits and beyond!

I'll still be here. OFP keeps rocking.

i guess they are busy making ofp to xbox.. crazy_o.gif

talk about selling out the true ofp fans.

time to change the name to OFP2 forever tounge_o.gif

Time enough for me to buy an island... let it be reshaped to look like Everon and to invite all of you for a little 1985 west against east party.

i'm all for ofp2 but will it be pushed back any further, if they managed to keep to their first date, i'd be playing it now, i'd hoped that for me birthday in 2005 i'd be able to get it but now i need to wait 1.5 years, dunno if i can hack this *opens the whiskey*

Time enough for me to buy an island... let it be reshaped to look like Everon and to invite all of you for a little 1985 west against east party.

lol maybe this one? biggrin_o.gif

krk.jpg

I guess we'll be happy if we're going to play it in 2 years time. sad_o.gif BIS, please be good and release a physics patch to fix the collision detection problems, so we can survive those 2 years. smile_o.gif

initial thoughts and feelings have me thinking this is terrible news, though in light of hindsight ofp isn't your average game and isn't a simple matter of getting an engine, a bunch of animated models and scripting linear levels then putting on a shelf for fools with money.. (vbs aside).. no, we're going to have to wait long and good to be pleased with our extraordinary expectations we have for bis and their lovely little creation - did this honestly come as a suprise to anyone? after thinking about it it occured to me that we all already knew this in one way or another by the nature of our recluse and somewhat mute software deities

so the community may deminish or subside to the few who are not coping in therapy too well, but surely if bis pull off this megalithic expectation we put on them by 2006 (or 2007), then the forums will fill with pointless debates and questions once again, indicating the life status of the ofp franchise.. if not... then the same will happen anyway probably.. and without any competition out there, the game, its fans and forums will surely thrive once again.. in the end it will all be worth it, everyone will be happy and world peace will ensue

I would like to point out to bis that they shouldn't be scared to make a comment, as we don't bite.. though as this is what I would like to say, the actual truth is we, as a community, do bite.. and perhaps leave scars too.. so as a word of advice, stay in your sturdy czech bunkers

wow, now i want to sleep in, for a loong time.. :/

I wish they wouldnt have said anything at all... getting vbs1.

good lord i need a drink.............. sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

think it is time start to pray for BIS NOT screwing up........(=__=)b

This is what I had expected. They haven't had a single screenshot to show or any real info about what the game will even be about so it's been obvious that it would be delayed by much.

I guess this means that we will propably so a totally new game instead of an updated OFP.

I can not complain about this as I've said before, I prefer that they spend more time and overhaul the game engine. There are still many things to be done with 1.96, and OFP is still better than other titles out there. smile_o.gif

Daedalus @ Aug. 06 2004,16:56)]Well but now we can hope that independance lost will be published before the release of OFP2.  rock.gif

Independance lost was stripped down to VBS1 if you ask me

Daedalus @ Aug. 06 2004,16:56)]Well but now we can hope that independance lost will be published before the release of OFP2. rock.gif

Independance lost was stripped down to VBS1 if you ask me

it says in IL site it is delayed until after ofp2 but let's hope it will be another expansion for ofp smile_o.gif

i'm thinking more positively about this too. mabe OFP2 will have very advanced features(compared to OFP1).

this is the best news I've heard in a long time

the fact that BIS can plan such a long time ahead gives a strong impression that as a company they are financially alive and kicking

otherwise they would rush out OFP1-sequels like most other companies do

OFP1's potential hasn't been exhausted yet

and as Franz_Schall [sWAF] said

Quote[/b] ]I'm happier with an high-quality in depth gaming experience as something shallow rushed out to gain high profits.

and BergHoff says it well too.

Quote[/b] ]Well, it's a long long wait and we alreadt waited long...but the more advanced and less buggy it will be the better!