Sign in to follow this  
TheLemon

New release date worldwide: Spring 2006?

Fuck!!!!!!. By that time. I'll be in the Australian Army. and nearly finsed the rifleman course sad_o.gif

Thx for the info. Now we have something we can work with. Still a really long wait, but I guess it will be worth it.

An investment in VBS looks better and better everyday now.... wink_o.gifsad_o.gifghostface.gif

This news actually makes me happy. I know the best things in life are worth waiting for, ever heard that before? This is excellent news, because i know i made alot of suggestions and i know its going to take time to make this the best war game ever made and when it comes out I'll be one happy man, I KNOW THIS MAN.

I must say, i'm not surprised, but until now I was hoping the date 2005 would stay sad_o.gif

When shell I do until 2006? CM or BI has to do something for more OFP gamers....

I would have been happier if i had heard it from BIS first.

hm, quite long time. but well, so new mods have time to work...

i'll still keep on playing ofp till it comes out...

maybe then we have fdf mod version 7.5! who knows!??

maybe then we have fdf mod version 7.5! who knows!??

I would be more concerned with whether our existing OFP will be able run in the interim under DirectX 17.1 with an ATI 14800 4096MB adapter. tounge_o.gif

angry-dog.jpg

What to do now? How can I find something to do, is there a therapy group out there that helps me to find back to life and fill the space.

VBS.... I am gonna get it, the decision has be taken after I read the new release date. Just hope you CIAs do the step too one day.

Operation Flashpoint 2 timeline

16 April 2003 The sequel to the best military simulator is announced.E3 is being hyped for news information

14 may 2003: Very little is actually found out.The release date is set as the end of 2004

February 2004: E3 is again being hyped for new information unveiled about Operation Flashpoint 2 along with screenshots and trailers

14 May 2004:Absolutley nothing on E3,OF2 presentation is cancelled and taken off the list

August 2004:Operation Flashpoint delayed for 2006

sad_o.gif

[think positive]At least there isn`t any meteorit speeding up to Earth to mark our extinction until 2006[/think positive]

At least, this time we have an serious and realistic release date to project our desires to.

Always thought that late 2004 / early 2005 was way too optimistic for a serious approach.

this is the best news I've heard in a long time

the fact that BIS can plan such a long time ahead gives a strong impression that as a company they are financially alive and kicking

otherwise they would rush out OFP1-sequels like most other companies do

OFP1's potential hasn't been exhausted yet

EDIT: sorry, bad english tends to be confusing

agree!

i guess at this moment bis is focusing on the X-Box release, after that is done they may focus on OFP for X-Box2 or something...

The fact that we get no news,screens or presence on E3 or GC makes me think that they aren't even working on OFP 2 for PC...

Just compare games like s.t.a.l.k.e.r or Battlefield 2: both games are planned to be released in 2005 - and there we have allready many screens, pics and vids...

So Bis hasn't something they can show, or their marketing is going the complete other way (which in my opinion will only leed to a more shrinking community - and with this to less servers and less pupils playing on it)

sad.. really sad.

this is the best news I've heard in a long time

the fact that BIS can plan such a long time ahead gives a strong impression that as a company they are financially alive and kicking

otherwise they would rush out OFP1-sequels like most other companies do

OFP1's potential has by no means been exhausted already

hmmm, you can also argue the other way round:

They have no clue on when its done (or even if its done sometime) and so they put the 2006 date.

And imho the potential of OFP is in no way exhausted... just compare OFP with latest games of this type like soldner...

When looking on the bright side of it, just think of several opportunities for OFP2 combined with a decent 2006'er engine and our already proposed ideas in the OFP2-Suggestions forum.

I'm happier with an high-quality in depth gaming experience as something shallow rushed out to gain high profits.

Well, it's a long long wait and we alreadt waited long...but the more advanced and less buggy it will be the better! smile_o.gif