Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

US Marines

fischkopp since you're doing jungle marines, plz do like frenchpoint did and consider rolling up the sleeves. Just a consideration. not forcing you.

fischkopp since you're doing jungle marines, plz do like frenchpoint did and consider rolling up the sleeves.  Just a consideration.  not forcing you.

They aren't necessarily "jungle soldiers", that's the basic uniform of the United States Marine Corps, meaning they use it all over excluding Desert climates, which they have another MARPAT uniform for.

Looking gook dg. Don't give up, I hope some can help you out for I'm actually really looking forward to these.

I really like Suchey & Earls Marine pack. The Desert Marines are perfect, but the woodland ones seem way to dark to me, plus the woodland ones don't have Marpat helmet covers. Also S&E never patched their Marines, you seem to fix every problem that turns up, I repsect that.

I'm not bashing Such and Earl, I'm just putting forward why I belive Fischopp should finish this even though there is all ready a marpat pack out.

Suchey got the colors wrong. Way too dark.

Also I can't see the Marine Corps issuing Jungle Stalker which is half/1/4 as good as MARPAT.

You have some vertices that are not in an animated selection and thus go flat to the ground.. Looks like they are from the bottom part of the vest.

points not tied to a selection smile_o.gif

I wish you would contact Suchey and have him make a driver for your Humvees, I hate when addons do not match...

I had that problem too. Turns out I had too many addons in my res addon folder. I cleaned it up a bit and have never had the problem since.

Maybe u should try that, but thats only if you have allot of addons like I did, but I experienced the same thing.

Something diffrent.

LAV25.jpg

It´s nearly done. some minor bugs. Now i´m working on the AT version.

man, u have fire in your hands. How do find the time? It's a shitload of a great material from you.

I still have the OP. Northstar/Sigma LAV beta, it also looks awsome and has a nice number of features and we can open the back doors, maybe they could give you a hand smile_o.gif .

Great news!

I'm waiting for some good usmc-vehicles since I play OFP (from the beginning)! Everything that came out until now was low-quality or the addons didn't fit to other usmc-vehicles! Any chance you will make a AAVP7? Would be fantastic!

Many thanks! smile_o.gif

AAV7A1 i will do maybe in future. Doing now the LAV series. And theavenger doing the AAAV.

@Heatseeker: No Animations like openale back doors on my vehicles. Sensless stuff.

AAV7A1 i will do maybe in future. Doing now the LAV series. And theavenger doing the AAAV.

@Heatseeker: No Animations like openale back doors on my vehicles. Sensless stuff.

An AAVP,Sounds interesting.I would really like to see that

Nice work

I still use the LAV beta as well, cant wait to have a crack with your LAV.

Agree with not having doors that open, thats only good for photos tounge_o.gif

The LAV is looking exellent indeed. I think it kicks butt that your leaving non essential features off. Working doors serve no purpose and only clog the action menu with unneeded junk.

isnt the stryker the P.O.S us Army version undergoing testing? no ones made one yet....

Not quite a POS wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Question:My question is about the Strykers. I remember before the war there were a lot of news stories about its armor, whether or not wheels (instead of tracks) was a good idea, etc. Maybe you could give a short"Consumer Reports" like review of the Strykers. How's comfort, road noise, reliability, etc. What's good about it? What would you change on it? Good luck to all you guys. -Jeff North Huntsville, Alabama

Answer: I remember shortly before our deployment here to Iraq, the Washington Post printed a huge article on what a piece of overpriced shit the Stryker was and how the armor couldn't protect against anything. Which wasn't really an assuring thing to read prior to coming to Iraq. Soldier Of Fortune also tore apart the Stryker in their current issue. These people have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Here's the deal, before deployment, if you would have asked me what I thought about the Stryker, I would have told you: No Comment. In fact a lot of soldiers would have told you that. But now that we've been out here and its been combat tested, and we've seen what it's capable of doing, and how it can withstand anything that's thrown at it, I will never say negative thing about the Stryker again, ever. In fact, no lie I don't know of a single person in my Brigade who has anything negative to say about the Stryker anymore. Even people I know who hated it and bad mouthed it every chance they had, talk very highly of it now. Yea, Stykers are kind of an RPG magnet, but it can take a hit, and EVERY vehicle here in Iraq is an RPG magnet. For what we're doing out here, they're perfect, they're extremely mobile, quite, high speed, the armor works, and it's reliable. People I know who came from a light unit love it, and people who came here from 11Mike world, love it. Tracked vehicles suck in urban environments, too slow, too loud, and they always break down. The big advantage with the Stryker is that it's not a tracked vehicle, which allows it to be extremely mobile and fast. Which is what you need here.

List of Improvements:

-The seat cushions suck. It's like sitting on a slab of metal. I would put thicker foam seat cushions.

-The air conditioning sucks. Its like one 5" fan. I'm sure if they could design bunker busting missiles, they can design an air conditioning system that works. When it gets too hot, we turn on our NBC fans, and the tube that you hook up to your gas mask with fresh air, you shove that down your shirt or pants. Helps cool you down.

-More Electrical Outlets. There's only like 4 or 6 outlets in the Stryker, which is a big problem especially when we're out in the field for any long duration of time. You figure there's like a 10 guys in the vehicle, that's at least 10 things that need to be re-charged, like portable DVD players, Gameboys, electrical razors, Mp3 players, Diskmans, digital camera's, electric toothbrushes, laptop batteries, crap like that. I would at least add 2 dozen more outlets.

-Loud Speaker On The Outside Of The Vehicles. Nothing motivates troops more before a mission than good motivational music. Remember in the movie Apocalypse now, when they had the speakers hooked up to the Air Cav Helicopters? Well, we need to do the same thing with the Strykers. One time we had this huge joint mission with the Iraqi Civil Police, it was an early morning raid. We all met up at the FOB before the mission. The ICP's all showed up in their Toyota pickup trucks, about a dozen trucks, all jam packed with Iraqi Police. Every pick up truck had a huge Iraqi Flag mounted on a pole, and all the ICP's had on brand new police uniforms, AK47's and they were all wearing the red and white jihad towels around their heads. It was an awesome sight. They all showed up with this aura of pride that I cant really describe. We had a couple Counter Intelligence guys ride with us on this one, and they brought these loud speakers with them. They place the speakers on the outside of the vehicle, and when we drive around town sometimes, they'll play this recording in Arabic. I'm not sure exactly what it says, but I think it says something like: Do not be scared, we are Coalition Forces, we come in peace and to help. Do not shoot us, or we will shoot and kill you. That kind of crap. Anyways, while we were driving out the main gate to the FOB to do this joint mission we had the loud speakers blasting Flight Of The Vaulkries, Theme song from The Good The Bad And The Ugly, The Star Spangled Banner, and the Rocky theme song. It motivated the hell out of us. In fact, it even motivated the Iraqi police, I remember looking over at them and they we're all getting into it big time.

Quote[/b] ]Suchey got the colors wrong. Way too dark.

Also I can't see the Marine Corps issuing Jungle Stalker which is half/1/4 as good as MARPAT.

No suchey didn't. The uniform looks very different under various light conditions. It's ery difficult to get it right and actually there is no real way of doing it right. Suchey tweaks the colors so they would fit the unrealistic OFP environment.

No, the USMC won't issue 'jungle stalker'. But your wrong about it being worse than marpat. In the jungle (the real jungle) the woodland MARPAT is completely useless. It's way to brown. For normal woodland the MARPAT is perfect. Remember that most countries have a special jungle camouflage. The Netherlands use british DPM as their camouflage. But it was found to be unsuited for the jungle (marpat is much browner that dpm). We are now testing a new jungle uniform which uses much more green.

Hi,

Actually, the new Dutch army jungle pattern still has a lot of brown in it, predominantly large ares that are orangebrown tinted, like many soil types in tropical areas, and smaller blotches of a darker brown. In addition there are patches in dark green and a very bright shade of green.There are also small areas of black in the pattern, but it does not contain the yellow sandcolour of DPM, which in the Dutch version can become more dominant with fading, as the pattern is printed on cloth already dyed ochre rather than on undyed cloth as other types of DPM.

Netherlands jungle pattern shirt

Netherlands jungle pattern smock

Just to add some more on topic comments, good job on the pattern shown in the screenshots. Marpat and ACU pattern are difficult to get right when converted to paa and pac format.

Regards,

Sander

isnt the stryker the P.O.S us Army version undergoing testing? no ones made one yet....

Operation NorthStar made and released the LAV III already  wink_o.gif

edit: just found the pics of fischkopps stryker, extremely nice man, good job smile_o.gif