Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

I have Geforce2 and I use DirectX 9.0b. And like I said above I have Post Processing OFF, with just reflections on. I saw somewhere that someone uses Geforce 2 and reflections work, just post processing is off.

You can have Directx9 installed, but its features do not work on your card.

So is it possible to get reflections with post processing off? So to leave reflections on but post processing off. I read somewhere on this thread that you can do that.

I am having trouble getting this to work. When I install it my water turns to black, looks alot like oil. And the ground textures light up (they are much brighter then usuall).

See picture... What's wrong and not working?

BTW: This image was on desert island.  crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Oy. Someone needs to make a compatibility list... I'll do it:

DX8 Capable (DXDLL partial) Cards:

Nvidia GeForce 3 (all versions)

DX8.1 Capable (DXDLL full) Cards:

Nvidia GeForce 4 (TI### versions)

Nvidia GeForce FX (all versions)

Nvidia GeForce 6 (all versions)

ATI Radeon 8### (all versions)

ATI Radeon 9### (all versions)

ATI Radeon x### (all versions)

Matrox Parhelia

XGI V3

XGI V5

XGI V8

S3 S8

(if I missed anything, tell me)

Q: WHY CAN'T MY GF2 WORK?

A: It's a DX7 generation card, it does not support any of the cool features of DX8 and above.

Q: BUT I HAVE DX9!!!

A: Yes, you probably do, but your card doesn't actually support any of the features.

Q: WELL, WHAT ABOUT MY GF4 MX!

A: That is actually a GF2 with a different name, so no dice.

Q: What am I going to do?! I want to experience this!

A: It's okay, I had a GF2 MX until a week ago. Go buy a 9800 Pro like I did; you can find them for ~$150USD nowadays, and they're still one of the best cards out there.

edit: fixed me list.

Oy. Someone needs to make a compatibility list... I'll do it:

DX8 Capable (DXDLL) Cards:

ATI GeForce 3 (all versions)

ATI GeForce 4 (TI### versions)

ATI GeForce FX (all versions)

ATI GeForce 6 (all versions)

ATI Radeon 8### (all versions)

ATI Radeon 9### (all versions)

ATI Radeon x### (all versions)

Matrox Parhelia

XGI V3

XGI V5

XGI V8

S3 S8

(if I missed anything, tell me)

Q: WHY CAN'T MY GF2 WORK?

A: It's a DX7 generation card, it does not support any of the cool features of DX8 and above.

Q: BUT I HAVE DX9!!!

A: Yes, you probably do, but your card doesn't actually support any of the features.

Q: WELL, WHAT ABOUT MY GF4 MX!

A: That is actually a GF2 with a different name, so no dice.

Q: What am I going to do?! I want to experience this!

A: It's okay, I had a GF2 MX until a week ago. Go buy a 9800 Pro like I did; you can find them for ~$150USD nowadays, and they're still one of the best cards out there.

Shouldn't those GeForce-cards be Nvidia's? smile_o.gif

And I recall that Geforce3 users had some problems too.

This is correct, at least reflections do NOT work on GF3.

Just a friendly reminder from 50 something pages back that old Geforce mobile chipsets, like the 64MB GF4 440 Go in my Dell C840 Lattitude do not work with DXDLL. sad_o.gif

I had a GF2 MX until a week ago. Go buy a 9800 Pro like I did; you can find them for ~$150USD nowadays, and they're still one of the best cards out there.

#@%$ ati cards crazy_o.gif

you can get a NVIDA Geforce FX 5200 for $120. $100 after the rebate. better performance at a better price

PS: lets not get offtopic with an ATI vs NVIDA battle here. my reply was simply stating he can get a newer card at a better price then what was orginaly posted

You can find a FX5200 alot cheaper than that.50-70$.But honestly its not even worth that.FX5200 is very entry level and won't run the games that I want to play.

I wouldn't buy anything below a FX5600 ultra for the Nvidia series and nothing below a 9600 pro for ATI

I had a GF2 MX until a week ago. Go buy a 9800 Pro like I did; you can find them for ~$150USD nowadays, and they're still one of the best cards out there.

#@%$ ati cards  crazy_o.gif

you can get a NVIDA Geforce FX 5200 for $120. $100 after the rebate. better performance at a better price.

Im all nvidiot and stuff but you cant possibly be comparing the 9800 series of ati cards with the low end 5200's rock.gif .

A friend of mine got one and its crap, most magazines even post that those are low end cards not even suposed to play games with so dont do that tounge_o.gif .

The 5200 is the mx of the 5 gen. of geforce cards, wouldnt trade it for my ti4200 biggrin_o.gif .

FX5200 is exact as fast as it costs.

No powerfull gaming card, but it has no fan and you can play some older games(no, not OFP tounge_o.gif ) with good performance.

And it has DX9 support. Not bad for that price.

But if you want good performance in OFP, do NOT buy something smaller then FX5900 XT(or ATI's comparable model)! Even a 5600 is not that good.

I would really like to know, how a GF 6600 or 6800GT performs in OFP, anybody here who has such a card?

MfG Lee

wow. am i glad this didnt turn into a nvida vs ati argument.

but since we want to fight about this... i guess i should finish voicing my opinion.

the FX 5200 was compared to the ati 9600 (not the 98) and it out performed it in every aspect.

second off.. i never claimed it to be the best card in the world... but.. compared to ATI.. im a diehard NVIDIA fan.. especialy since atleast 4 people i know that ran ATI cards (all on differnt systems) randomly had thier graphics card burst into flames. now i dunno about u but i prefer my card not on fire.

third off: the discussion was about price range. like me this person doesnt have alot of money to be spending on upgrading thier computer everytime a new addon comes out like some of you.. god half the people here upgrade 10 components everytime a mod is released. shit. anyway... for people like us.. who have less then $5 in the bank.. and less then $8 in thier wallet (totaling $13 to thier name) who cant afford a $200, $300, or even the latest and newest $3000 video cards. so if you want a stable running, medium performance, good gaming video card to run OFP and dxdll. and u dont have money to pull out of your ass... then the NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 is the perfect card for you.

on a side note: i play "B17G Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th!", Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and i play Operation Flashpoint: Resistance- Y2K3 and the FX 5200 performs perfect for all 3 games. on top of that i do a ton of graphic design, again the card hhelps improve my ability to preform this task as well.

FX5200 is exact as fast as it costs.

No powerfull gaming card, but it has no fan and you can play some older games(no, not OFP tounge_o.gif ) with good performance.

And it has DX9 support. Not bad for that price.

But if you want good performance in OFP, do NOT buy something smaller then FX5900 XT(or ATI's comparable model)! Even a 5600 is not that good.

I would really like to know, how a GF 6600 or 6800GT performs in OFP, anybody here who has such a card?

MfG Lee

my 5200 came with a working fan installed on it rock.gif

PS: ive noticed too that between teh most expensive gfx card in the world to the worst... it doesnt mean jack squat if u dont have ram. i have RAMBUS ram which is rare.. and VERY expensive. so i have to settle for 256. . . now a radion 90,0000 or a FX 6800 wont do me a damn bit of good performance wise until i stick 512 megs of ram into my slots or more. which wont happen til hell freezes over.

the FX 5200 was compared to the ati 9600 (not the 98) and it out performed it in every aspect.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/images/image010.gif

I beg to differ :/.

I am not turning this into an ATI vs. Nvidia war, because honestly, I couldn't care who makes my video card.

However, it's not right to compare a FX5200 to a Radeon 9600 and say that it outperforms it in every aspect.

Unless you're talking about an FX5200 Ultra, which does come pretty close.

Whoops

I still think that the GF4 ti series is very OPF friendly and i have no doubts about it outperforming the 5200 if performance/price is the issue here, atleast from personal experience i am very happy with mine.

Still, a 9800 for $150 compared to a 5200 for $120 or $100 seems like a better investment quality and performance wise, especialy if you play D3, Far Cry and are waiting for all the new fancy upcoming titles the 5200 will become useless in no time.

I think Shadow has a 6800GT, i remember him posting his OPF settings on a 3 gig cpu with 2 gigs of ram to be a bit disapointing has the game does not take advantage of the hardware, something like 1500 view distance, 1280x1024, high detail terrain but im not sure smile_o.gif .

wow. am i glad this didnt turn into a nvida vs ati argument.

but since we want to fight about this... i guess i should finish voicing my opinion.

second off.. i never claimed it to be the best card in the world... but.. compared to ATI.. im a diehard NVIDIA fan.. especialy since atleast 4 people i know that ran ATI cards (all on differnt systems) randomly had thier graphics card burst into flames.  now i dunno about u but i prefer my card not on fire.

third off: the discussion was about price range. like me this person doesnt have alot of money to be spending on upgrading thier computer everytime a new addon comes out like some of you.. god half the people here upgrade 10 components everytime a mod is released. shit. anyway... for people like us.. who have less then $5 in the bank.. and less then $8 in thier wallet (totaling $13 to thier name) who cant afford a $200, $300, or even the latest and newest $3000 video cards. so if you want a stable running, medium performance, good gaming video card to run OFP and dxdll. and u dont have money to pull out of your ass... then the NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 is the perfect card for you.

on a side note: i play "B17G Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th!", Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and i play Operation Flashpoint: Resistance- Y2K3 and the FX 5200 performs perfect for all 3 games. on top of that i do a ton of graphic design, again the card hhelps improve my ability to preform this task as well.

When you say that your 5200 worked excellent on those three games, what do you mean? Graphics looked good? or not catchy? Cause When I had a Nvidia 32mb TNT/2 pro it ran the B17 and OFP game perfectly  rock.gif                  

not trying to be a smart mouth, but the don't forget about the CPU! I have been told on many different forums that the CPU deals with the performance and the Graphix Card makes it look nice and shiny  rock.gif

Roger that.

@ Kegetys:

Are you still working on this project?

Are you going to update it?

What other fantastic things can you do with good old flashpoint?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Not really

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to update it?

dunno

Quote[/b] ]What other fantastic things can you do with good old flashpoint?

hard to say

:P

Not really

Quote[/b] ]Are you going to update it?

dunno

Quote[/b] ]What other fantastic things can you do with good old flashpoint?

hard to say

:P

LOL NICE ANWSER !!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif