Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

@pappy

Have you checked your texture settings in flashpoint preferences - advanced section ? ...that they're high enough

i have this settings:

- cockpits 2048x2048

- Objects 2048x2048

- Landscape 2048x2048

- Special effects 512x512

Also should check game options too and that Direct3D HW T&L is on... and multitexturing also.

HAve you installed latest drivers ??

About DXDLL configuration i noticed that you've disabled trilinear filtering...

PS. btw... looks like north pole tounge_o.gif

Whoah! ..... we'll need a new addon for the game ... "Sunscreen SP15+" ...

I have extra brightness ingame to (and those little weird pink/purple boarder bits) but nothing like that.

DXDLL does not work properly with custom waters IIRC.

ok i have no clue what the deal was but i installed my FX 5200 just a lil while ago and its all normal again. plus the reflections are jsut awesome. (its the only thing i care for form dxdll)

one bug i noticed, when im standing in or near the water with a gun. the gun is invisable in teh reflection. so u just see me standing there holding nothing. any idea why?

Quote[/b] ]one bug i noticed, when im standing in or near the water with a gun. the gun is invisable in teh reflection. so u just see me standing there holding nothing. any idea why?

Try this check DXDLL configuration that reflection size is at least 512x512, see if it's any help.

Also enable all reflection settings by checking off all check boxes... if they ain't already enabled.

one bug i noticed, when im standing in or near the water with a gun. the gun is invisable in teh reflection. so u just see me standing there holding nothing. any idea why?

From readme:

- Reflected objects distance is relative to player's position,

not the camera position, so when using 3rd person view or other

external camera, reflected objects can appear wrong

Hi ....

I don't Know how many peoples has ask this bevor me

But is it possible to create with your Mod realistic looking Shadows on the ground ? ...

Then that was a good replacement for the (a bit ugly looking) original shadows. smile_o.gif

But is it possible to create with your Mod realistic looking Shadows on the ground ? ...

No. Creating custom shadow models to render instead of default shadows is theoretically possible but in practice so hard it hurts to even think about it and writing some special vertex shader doesn't help because vertex shaders can't add or delete vertices.

ok got it all working untill it gets dark and you have some NV hanndy.

when i put NV on it sort of burns the moving images onto the screen and takes ages to fade out.

dose anyone know how to fix this besides turning the NV Effect off?

cheers, Philly

With a ATI Radeon 9800 256 MB video card, I've been trying to use the DXDll 1.0...

And yet it voids the options for my Direct 3d or even OpenGl. In short, with DXDLL 1.0 I get all it promises but my anti-aliasing goes out the window.

Any tips? I looked through its options but did not see anything about it.

if you mean it´s blurred, check you graphics card settings... worked for me...

i think it would be a great idea if Kegetys would include options for shading OFP's colours so it becomes more photorealistic, think of things like a "cold" shader, wich makes things a little more blue and greyish , or a paradise shader, wich makes the sun more intense, and red / yellow allot more powerfull , your opinion about this? smile_o.gif

I am more interested if it is possible to make "better "use of modern hardware to improve fps.

It would be a dream seeing ofp running faster with all those good looking addons today.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

i think it would be a great idea if Kegetys would include options for shading OFP's colours so it becomes more photorealistic, think of things like a "cold" shader, wich makes things a little more blue and greyish , or a paradise shader, wich makes the sun more intense, and red / yellow allot more powerfull , your opinion about this? smile_o.gif

It is already there, have you even tried adjusting desaturation and hard light parameters?

About my alt-tab problem (no return back to game from the desktop), one important thing I should have said, as we are very few now to be in this case, i run Windows ME ..

(enough, people, don't try to convince me to change now...)

I've tried the same installation of ofp , with dxdll on the same machine from windows XP on a different partition, and i could actually ALT-TAB at will without any problem.

Of course the driver version wasnt the same (cat 4.9 on XP, 4.7 on ME) but i had this alt-tab problem with previous 98/ME drivers, and before that with the NVIDIA GF4 graphic card.

Would there be something that win98/me would perform upon switching applications that win XP wouldn't (or the other way around).

Do other people with a alt-tab problem run windows 98 or ME ?

weird problem...I got the excellent dll and it works a real treat in single player and in mission editor, no problems at all.However, when I go into a mulitplayer game it gets weird, it doesnt reflect things properly.For example the island will be reflecting but objects wont ie a bridge.I have to be at a weird angle to see the water reflecting the island too if Iam close to it it kinda reflects underneath if you get what I mean tounge_o.gif Its so strange because it works fine elsewhere.I have all the latest drivers for my gfx card and direct 9c I put on too to test if that might be the problem but alas to no avail.

Any help of this very odd matter would be much appreciated! biggrin_o.gif

PC SPEC:

AMD Athlon xp 2000

512 pc133

geforce fx 5900

Sort of fixed the problem, hope this will help others.

I installed the latest VIA chipset drivers, then went into game and it worked in multiplayer.I then checked my prefrences for textures and noticed they were all set high.I changed them back to normal all at 512x512 then went back into mulitplayer...Disaster as the dll didnt work properly again.I auto detected changed res to 1280 and set everything to 512 apart from effects which I left default at 64.It then worked again in mp game.Strange huh!My conclusion is if your getting this problem.

Get latest drivers for everything as mentioned alot elsewhere including your mobo drivers.Check mp game make sure it works, set prefrences then check again.I find that if I change prefrences it seems to mess it up so Iam not going to touch again lol and leave it as it is working for the time being.Another note is I use kegety's launcher too for game just if that helps anything.Good luck and I hope this might help someone. biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, weird, last week when I tried dxdll 1.0 everything was running fine with a nice FPS on a ATI R9800pro (R350).

But when I installed Dx9.0c... the postprocessing wasn't able to run smooth anymore, always 10fps.

Dx8.1 runs it fine but Dx9.0a or 9.0c makes it lag. rock.gif

Finally...

lol, after lots of tinkering and frustration, I figured out how to get object reflections working in multiplayer.Its a bit long but it works...

go into graphic options and select mulitexturing to turn it off then select it again to turn it on.Go into game and into a mission, then quit the game until your back to title screen and do the same again.When you go back in it should work!Its a weird little bug and I hope this will help someone out there.I havent tried re-installing ofp because it is already a fresh install but it could be that and this might just be happening to me, you never know though :P

All the best,

bromine

smile_o.gif ...... only just noticed this on the front page .....

Quote[/b] ]Most users ever online was 227 on July 13 2004,05:04

Coincidental you think ? biggrin_o.gif

I've been trying to get this to work, managed it today. Really impressive work, but my PC has some problems with the load =/

I wonder if DXDLL could be capable of performing "Geometry Instancing" that was recently made available for nVidia and ATi users via latest drivers.

I realize this is something that would be more appropriate for the game engine itself to support, but curious as to how far DXDLL could go to improve performance via this rendering benefit (or rather lack of rendering <grin>)

Probably a bit of a stretch for this marvel of a proggy as Geometry Instancing is DX9 Hardware specific, but the performance improvent that this capability could bring to OFP might be staggering.

(for those interested in a demo of this tech: http://esprit.campus.luth.se/~humus/ .... Here's some discussion on the topic: http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51500 )

"Geometry Instancing"

Wow, that feature implemented in dxdll could boost up ofp fps like hell.

Very interesting, I hope Kegetys and Co are taking a deeper look into it!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif