Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

well, mine worked before but after a format C: the reflections dissapeared... rock.gif

(oh and REALY REALLY DONT buy it, unless u know how to overclock...)

I just purchased a ATI Radeon 9600 se video card for my computer and dxdll works great......for about 15 minutes. Then my gun sight view is often distorted and I end up with white spots on many of the trees and other textures appear to be covered in snow. Any idea what may be causing this.

I just purchased a ATI Radeon 9600 se video card for my computer and dxdll works great......for about 15 minutes. Then my gun sight view is often distorted and I end up with white spots on many of the trees and other textures appear to be covered in snow. Any idea what may be causing this.

Sounds more like a driver problem or overheating video card.

What can you do about an overheating video card?

Maybe a couple of more fans in your case near the card will help.

Do you have room to have a free slot between your video card and your next card? This gives more space for cooling.

Hi guys.I managed to fix my problem of the reflections not working in a mulitplayer game.I had exact same problem as

[APS]Gnat posted on page 18.Just ALT TAB then it worked.Thought might be worth mentioning as my gfx card is a GeforceFX 5900 and not an ATI like Gnat so it happens to us Geforce guys too.It also worked for my friend who had same problem on GeforceFX 5700.Thanks Gnat biggrin_o.gif

I have GeForce 2 MX and I was wondering, is it possible to just get the reflections working and no post porocessing or does post processing need to be on? Thanks.

--EDIT--

Updated some stuff and now I get a black water. I noticed this issue and I am going to look back some more.

I'm not sure, but does your video-card support pixel-shaders? If not, then you don't get reflections.

Can anybody post a pic, or a list, with dxdll configurator post-processing values for a best quality setting? Tanx wink_o.gif

Can anybody post a pic, or a list, with dxdll configurator post-processing values for a best quality setting? Tanx wink_o.gif

i cant seem to get the right settings to?

is it possible to just get the reflections working and no post porocessing or does post processing need to be on? Thanks.

Yes, I dont personally use the post processing feature just reflections.

i have same question FOR LONG TIME AND everyione just ignored me biggrin_o.gif lol you will be ignored too biggrin_o.gif

i have same question FOR LONG TIME AND everyione just ignored me  biggrin_o.gif  lol you will be ignored too  biggrin_o.gif

I don't understand the question. If I did I would'nt ignore you. wink_o.gif

i have same question FOR LONG TIME AND everyione just ignored me  biggrin_o.gif  lol you will be ignored too  biggrin_o.gif

@Bromine & USSRSniper

Since your questions had been ignored why you don't try those values by yourself to find something that matches your flavour.

Personaly i've left them at default except for glare-strengh & size which i decreased to 0.20 and 2.5 to get rid of that to strong blurry look.

@Kegetys

Are there any plans to update the DLL ? It's really anoying to see those large black squares when flying.

Anyone have a "most realistic-looking" list of settings I can try out?

"Most realistic" is propably quite subjective, but I keep the postprocessing settings at:

hard light: 0.5, 0.5, 0.9

desaturation: 0.2, 0.4, 0.2

glare strength 0.4 and size 4, darken sky on, 32bit glare on.

Playing on 1448x1088 resolution with 16bit color. As the glare makes things quite bright I decreased the brightness settings from ofp video options a bit to compensate (brightness 1.0 and gamma 1.3) and it looks very good to me... Those are also the settings used in my screenshots.

For all of those that have been "ignored", this is by Kegetys on thread page 17. A little reading never hurt one's chances of being enlightened. wink_o.gif

Wadmann

i have a radeon 9600, and everythign works except for water reflection... spent the last few hours trying to tweak it but no luck sad_o.gif

Hi LancerEvoX,

Are you using custom water textures as it will not work (only works with default BIS water texture).

Parker Hale

i think i found my cause... i forgot i installed llaumax-h2o.exe before i used the dll.... not sure how to remove it so im gonna end up reinstalling.

reinstalling fresh didn't help =/

Srry if already asked, But I am tired and don't feel like going through all of this.

It works-but when I look right/left, it doesen't come fast enough! sad_o.gif how can I make it come faster?

untitled501.th.jpg

Srry if already asked, But I am tired and don't feel like going through all of this.

It works-but when I look right/left, it doesen't come fast enough! sad_o.gif  how can I make it come faster?

Get a faster computer or just turn down the general settings so the game runs smoother. Also turn down the reflections settings.

yeah, I've done that. I only runs sooth if I turn the visibility down, but it looks stupid. The game does. IS the anything else I could do?