Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

well the egyptian textures are used form photos of their camos. you can't really get better then that unles syou want all the fake wrinkles and crap..

as fo rhte aircraft only the A-4 had new textures the C-130 is the same jsut with different crew..

well the egyptian textures are used form photos of their camos. you can't really get better then that unles syou want all the fake wrinkles and crap..

Yes I want all the fake wrinkles and crap.

Great pack guys, I really love it! I do agree the textures on the Egyptian soldiers need more work, but that's just a visual detail and isn't important for my gameplay experience with the units and shouldn't be for anyone really.

A very nice job, and congratulations on the release lads. Keep up the good work smile_o.gif

EDIT: And are there any IDF soldiers equipped with satchel charges? It's easy enough to add them in the editor, but it would be nice to have say a SA'13 officer equipped with them as standard. As I imagine that they do alot of demolition ops.

see your units now are just flat, looks like all the soldiers pants and stuff are made out of concrete. Maybe wrinkles is the wrong word then, it needs a realistic feel. No pair of pants are that flat and that perfectly starched. Yes you might of gotten the camo patter perfectly but it still looks fake, IMHO. maybe I will redo one of them just to show you guys, but really it needs some work.

Don't worry...the Egyptian infantry will eventually get the wrinkles on their uniforms even if I have to add them in myself, so yeah I will take up the Sgt's offer to see what he can do with them. That would save me alot of time as I'm not good at that stuff.

Also the IDF will get some units with satchel charges in the Special Ops groups at least.

As for the A4 textures... around the canopy that grey canopy frame will probably be changed. The rest of the textures may just get a little bit of touch up work (oil leak smudges, paint chips, more textures on the hydraulic stuff on the landing gear, ect...), but otherwise they won't change much unless we got some really bad-ass texture artist on our team who can make awesome photo-realistic textures or something.

Overall I think CT did a fine texturing job on the A-4. The C130s we already know have crap textures and thats due to my lack of texturing skills. Hopefully eventually we will fix those up. But for now they are not too terribly ugly I think and are better then nothing as I think the model (Adammo's) is a good one, and they fly very well by both the player and the AI.

Also yeah the A-4 Skyhawks are twitchy. They were not tested with a joystick and are flyable with a mouse. The handling was actually improved on them from what they were like before. But hopefully the handling can be improved further.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

see your units now are just flat, looks like all the soldiers pants and stuff are made out of concrete. Maybe wrinkles is the wrong word then, it needs a realistic feel. No pair of pants are that flat and that perfectly starched. Yes you might of gotten the camo patter perfectly but it still looks fake, IMHO. maybe I will redo one of them just to show you guys, but really it needs some work.

Are you referring to some of the texture stretching? That stuff is difficult to prevent sometimes. But if you can fix it up looking better, feel free to dePBO it and see what you can do with it. The cammo patterns however stay. Those are historically accurate cammo patterns and will not be changed.

At any rate, before you convert all the textures just do one (like on the regular Egyptian infantry) and post some screenshots as I can't guarantee that we will use the modified textures. But if it looks more natural to me, then we will use 'em.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah we are aware of the floating patch problem. The unit patches will likely not change because they are designed to be user-designated for custom unit patches. However the flag patches...those we might stick directly on the uniform textures as they are not not user designated textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Dunno if this was reported, but the Israeli snipers are "half" their torso seems to be really, really thin and small.

egyptv2.jpg

this any better you think? Makes it look more realistic i think, but if you want me to show you easy way to do this just get me on ICQ or msn messenger, its quick process.

Now that FDF mod 1.3 has been released any chance seeing AT-3 Sagger in your mod?

I think it was, and still is to some extent major AT weapon in egypts arsenal.

Yeah I've been talking with them about that and they will...but we will let the mod get used by the community for a bit before we ask for it formally just out of respect for their mod. The FDF team has been EXTREMELY helpful to the LoBo mod and I can't say enough good things about the help they've provided for us.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

egyptv2.jpg

this any better you think? Makes it look more realistic i think, but if you want me to show you easy way to do this just get me on ICQ or msn messenger, its quick process.

Yeah the cammo looks a little better...nice subtle shading... Calm Terror what do you think? That's pretty subtle eh?

I like it anyways. I added you to my MSN by the way. I can be contacted on MSN at:

miles_teg@hotmail.com

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

BTW Any MP servers that run these addons?

Yeah, as soon as we have some missions to use them with, I'll upload them to the Lost Brothers @@(Auto-Addon) dedicated server.

So get cracking on those missions. smile_o.gif

Wow! Those texure improvements looks really nice! Raised the meter on my "good looking scale" from 5 to 9.

And why don't the Israeli soldiers have HD like Egyptians have?

Probably because the IDF are trained to make accurate shots because of the constant threat of being court-martialed for indiscriminate use of force. They aren't supposed to discharge their weapon unless they are looking down the sights. By comparison, that was never explicitly stated as a rule or policy when I was in the U.S. Army during the tail end of the Cold War.

Personally, I'd prefer some sort of HD weapons for the Isreali side mostly for gameplay reasons. I want fire fights to last longer, and with the super shot AI of the game, they make it really short.

Posting on the forum about it and waiting for an update is much more hassle than adding HD ammo manually...

The new camo looks good, but a side-by-side comparison is really needed.

And why don't the Israeli soldiers have HD like Egyptians have?

Probably because the IDF are trained to make accurate shots because of the constant threat of being court-martialed for indiscriminate use of force.  They aren't supposed to discharge their weapon unless they are looking down the sights.  By comparison, that was never explicitly stated as a rule or policy when I was in the U.S. Army during the tail end of the Cold War.

Personally, I'd prefer some sort of HD weapons for the Isreali side mostly for gameplay reasons. I want fire fights to last longer, and with the super shot AI of the game, they make it really short.

Posting on the forum about it and waiting for an update is much more hassle than adding HD ammo manually...

That was seven days ago, of course I already added HD ammo manually. What do you think I am? Slow?

A few things id like to point out. In a distance those very nice looking new AK-47'ns turn to regular Ak's. Something to do with LOD's id say. biggrin_o.gif

Why arent all egyptian units carrying AK's armed these new foldable stock beauties? They look much better that the regular BIS AK-47. rock.gif

why because those folding stock are for the l33ts..

the rest get pos hand me downs.. the riflegerande issue is because the rifle grenade rifle is a different model with the grenade attatched.. i might jsut remove the rifle grenades and replace it with an ak47gp30 evne tho i have never seen any one but us forces using a grenade launcher i tihnk most arab countries preffer the rpg over the gp30.. or something..

i have not desided yet. or i can just leave it and call it a game engine limit cuz if i change it that will effect any missions that are pbo'ed right?

The broblem is not with the rifle grenades only. It happens with both new AK-47's. When you look them from a distance they look like the regular Aks'.

what you mean they are reguler ak's?

if it is a lod texture thing then it will be fixed in the next patch.