Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

If you are close by of a soldier with a new folding stock AK-47 they look fine but when you move a little further they change to regular BIS AK's.

Yeah, I think there is a related bug in that the camo AK and the nice-looking AK turn to the BIS AK at the very instant you fire a rifle-grenade from them. Kinda funny, like you've blown the niceness off of them. smile_o.gif

Nah, the Ak texture bug is just a texture bug on the LOD's.

I noticed while taking these screenshots. I added some subtle shading to the Egyptian units based on the shading on the guard units.

LoBoEgyptTex1.jpg

LoBoEgyptTex1_2.jpg

LoBoEgyptTex2.jpg

LoBoEgyptTex3.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i fixed some of the gun bug lods. it did nto turn back into a bis rifle jsut had bis textures.

as for the rifle grenade there is nothing i can do..

aside from making my own rifle grenade ammo and a stuff.

might do that kinda unsure..

and i am goin to replace all the bis ak's on the egyptian troops with a better one. same with the pk..

but i need a good model for the svd to replace the bis one..

and I might look at replacign the bis stringer and russian anti-air missiles as well as the carl launcher just have a few other things i was working on like the bmp's and stuff..

Very nice imporvements, much more realistic, great job miles. Now just give them a new ak and uve done a major makeover for them.

Finally... I have made the first regular arab headdress consisting of a "Shumag" (the cloth part) and the "Ogal" (black band holding the cloth on the head).

In the past its been made wrapped around the face but never in the manner that I put it on these soldiers (the normal position it is worn in).

It still isn't perfect, but it is usable and not too bad.

We will also be using it on some of our Arab civilians with different textures (although most younger Arab men in cities at least don't wear it too often).

LoBoEgyptInfantry7.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

It could use some fine tuning but overall its good. smile_o.gif

I believe this is something never made in OFP before.

Finally... I have made the first regular arab headdress consisting of a "Shumag" (the cloth part) and the "Ogal" (black band holding the cloth on the head).

In the past its been made wrapped around the face but never in the manner that I put it on these soldiers (the normal position it is worn in).

It still isn't perfect, but it is usable and not too bad.  

We will also be using it on some of our Arab civilians with different textures (although most younger Arab men in cities at least don't wear it too often).  

LoBoEgyptInfantry7.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

how bout some terrorists with those headdress and masks?

plz!!!!!!!!!

well define terrorist?

there are plenty of US troops out there to download..

lol

evne our IDF troops could be called terrorists..

but yes we will have HAMAS and jihads guys in here soem day..

Yeah there will be Palistinians coming soon. However the Bedhoin civilians will have the headresses shown above (but different colors). The Bedhoins are nomadic people of the desert found all over the Middle East. They tend to be highly traditional in their dress and customs.

Our terrorists however will be wearing a wide variety of clothes and equipment. We actually already have some beta Palistinian units, but they are in uniforms more like the PLA police. We will most likely be making some Hamas/Islamic Jihad terrorists using the headress used by the UCE Middle East resistance addon but with different gear and clothing on them.

But right now we're just trying to concentrate on finishing all the Egyptian stuff before we start doing Palistinian addons and Syrian and Jordanian units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i can't see the blueish you mean..

it looks black to me.

but that gun i was trying to make it synthic wood..

... O_O

ehhh, check under the foregrip on the gun. And a bit on the... backgrip?

You said that civilians will wear this headdress but those are egyptian soldiers. So are you making the egyptian beduin guard or something like that? Not sure about the name but I think these are the guys manning guard posts in Sinai or atleast they did.

S#@*, i've been away too long.

I shall download these later when i get some bandwidth back from my bro.

You said that civilians will wear this headdress but those are egyptian soldiers. So are you making the egyptian beduin guard or something like that? Not sure about the name but I think these are the guys manning guard posts in Sinai or atleast they did.

The soldiers in the pics are basically just placeholders (just modified Republican Guard units) until Calm Terror finishes the Frontier Corp soldiers who are the border guards that you mention. The Egyptian Frontier Corps are made up of mostly Bedhoins who patrol the borders for smugglers and terrorists or stuff (although they probably just take bribes from smugglers and some may only be too happy to help Palistinian terrorists).

Likewise the civilian units have not been made yet but when they are, a few of them will be wearing this headdress to simulate some of the men in rural villages out in the Sinai.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I dont want to offend anyone, some of you may be Israelis, so if this is in bad taste, please dont be offended.

Will you make suicide bomber units? With suicide belts and stuff? It would be good for some missions.

i suicider would be hard since if he was to go boom his body would just fly it would be unrealisct but that is an ofp limit.

i might make one. but we already made a car bomb..

i suicider would be hard since if he was to go boom his body would just fly it would be unrealisct but that is an ofp limit.

i might make one. but we already made a car bomb..

Check out Y2k3, it has a cool effect that you could use.

It causes bodies to explode, in a extremly violent way, body parts go flying and such. (It seems to make the body dissapear and replace it with lots of blood and bones/skulls that fly in the air)

Like Pappy told me, look for a thing called "EFFECTS PACK" by some russian dude in these forums.

Ive used it with suicide scripts, it works very well. I would just like a unit that has a bomb belt or somthing like that for missions.

yeah one problem with that effects stuff is it was all in russian.

and 2 they can(combinded with scripts) get laggy and drop fps to like zero. but since we dont have a scriptign dude int he mod we are also limited. but the model yes that will be made i might evne make him yell "ALLLLLAH AKKABAAAAAR!!!!" right when he set off the bomb.. lol

It might be just too offending to make suicide bombers in OFP. rock.gif

I wont get offended by that as I live in Finland and stuff that happens in middle-east really doesnt afect me but some israeli or muslim might think otherwise.

Anyway LoBo mod is the main reason why I got interested

in arab-isralei confilcts and it has increased my knowledge. Thank you for that.

Sorry for spelliong errors its a celebration in Finland called Juhannus so I am a bit drunk.

biggrin_o.gif

yeah one problem with that effects stuff is it was all in russian.

and 2 they can(combinded with scripts) get laggy and drop fps to like zero. but since we dont have a scriptign dude int he mod we are also limited. but the model yes that will be made i might evne make him yell "ALLLLLAH AKKABAAAAAR!!!!" right when he set off the bomb.. lol

Why dont you ask pappy? He will help you out, he got it to work.

It might be just too offending to make suicide bombers in OFP.  rock.gif

I wont get offended by that as I live in Finland and stuff that happens in middle-east really doesnt afect me but some israeli or muslim might think otherwise.

Anyway LoBo mod is the main reason why I got interested

in arab-isralei confilcts and it has increased my knowledge. Thank you for that.

Sorry for spelliong errors its a celebration in Finland called Juhannus so I am a bit drunk.

biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, my opinion is that people need to be reminded, even in a game, why the IDF has to do what they do; otherwise, players will see nothing but a better-equipped force strong-arming a "poor" lesser-equipped force. They forget that the Nazis didn't have to worry daily about people blowing themselves up in the middle of Berlin.

But even a knife can be an instrument of terror, as we have seen in recent beheadings. Just because you have managed sometimes to deprive non-uniformed combatants of machineguns and rockets doesn't mean that knives and improvised explosives can't be just as dangerous.