Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

umm no. he has nothing to do with the middle east.

and I am not even goin to get into the politics of that issue.

take a joke k...

i do take it as a joke but some people might not and might actual like him. there for this becomes a polical debate wich i don't want. unless it is aboot egypt, lebonon, syria, jordan, palistine, and Israel. plus a few other middle easstern countries as it protains to the israeli-arab conflict.

did someone say they wanted a suicide bomber in a bomb vest?

Terrorbomb.jpg

very rough

Not to be totally technical, but a suicide bomber would not "look" like a suicide bomber. In fact, there is no real way to make a suicide bomber unit since they dress like regular civilians and carry their bomb in a bag or belt. One thing i would like to see is some of the homeade qa'saam rocket launchers and such. A quick search of yahoo news photos shows some...

You mean they don't wear hats that say "I'm a suicide bomber" on them?

DAMN! that does make it hard to spot them doesnt it. biggrin_o.gif

the point was for OFP. yes in real life they look the same as normal civis. but in game we just need some way to make them look different for game play. but in real life the vest actual looks more like light body armour..

as for the Rocket. i doubt I will bother to make that since it is used like arty(infact it is a modified arty rocket from russia) wich to be usable it would have to be used in UA but in real life they launch 1 rocket per launcher then run and hide. so in OFP is highly doubtful I will bother to make them.. because in game the AI and humans woudl jsut end up using them like RPG's wich they are raely used as. yes there is faked images of these guys posing with the rocket on their shoulder aiming to fire but that is jsut faked and posed. they are actual fired more like a mortar and are high arch attack.. and are VERY VERY inaccurate. they are used more just as a terror/scare tactic. so who knows if i will bother to make a large long tube..

Well if we get the suicide bomber working, we probably will later do a civilian looking version as part of our Palistinian pack which will include PLA soldiers and Hamas/Islamic Jihad gunmen.

But that will be for later after we finish most of the Israeli and Egyptian stuff.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Once, in the news, I saw where the IDF had uncovered a shop for manufacturing suicide bomber (starter) kits, complete with large ball-bearings. It was pretty much a belt with boxes on it.

You mean they don't wear hats that say "I'm a suicide bomber" on them?

DAMN! that does make it hard to spot them doesnt it.  biggrin_o.gif

i think we should we should just put on the back of thier shirt

"if you can read this your screwed"  biggrin_o.gif

edit: and on the front have an arrow point to the belt with the bomb on it and say "never ever press this button ever"

(PS: michal moore is a jackass and anyone who could possibly like him shares that same title)

Once, in the news, I saw where the IDF had uncovered a shop for manufacturing suicide bomber (starter) kits, complete with large ball-bearings.  It was pretty much a belt with boxes on it.

Ouch, sounds painfull.

Most of those eplosives come from the IRA though, they have experience... Its strange how those two groups could work together like that.

IRA?rock.gif I've heard rumors of the IRA and Palistinian terrorist groups training with each other, but not of the IRA supplying the Palstinian terrorist groups with explosives. From what I've read the Palistinians get explosives through any source they can and make much of the explosives themselves using a wide variety of chemicals and materials.

PS-Michael Moore rocks!!! If someone makes his face, I'll make the addon! LOL!

tounge_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nah man...I'd make a Michael Moore Commando unit equipped with the rifle he wielded in Bowling for Colombine at the bank!  

Fearlessly gunning down Republicans with single shots!  

I'd have wear a jacket with an america flag texture on it and give him an armor value of one million cuz the neo-cons can't touch him!

LOL!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

You Bastards! Michael Moore is great. unclesam.gif

P.S I'd like to see somone make a george w bush addon

(Sorry Admins 4 going way off topic)

tounge_o.gif

Um...back on topic. Just for an update, sorry for the delay in the release of the addonpack #2. But the delay has been a good thing cuz during the past few weeks Calm Terror and I have been busy little bees fixing bugs we found and adding lots of new units. But don't worry...we stopped adding new units now and should be wrapping addon pack#2 shortly as soon as I finish the demo mission for it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah we got some pics of one of Bizaroid's updated Mk4 addon.   Its now been heavily updated with improved textures, a cannon support on the front hull (folded down), and a rear plate added that attaches from the hull to the mudflap (it was missing on Bizaroid's original).  

Hooahman will show the pics tommorow at www.ofpcentral.com

If I have time I can try to take pics of other units that I haven't shown in screenshots yet, but I'd rather spend the time finishing up that demo mission and beta testing the addons more to insure there are no more major bugs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have a question which isin't totally related but might pertain to the palestinian gunmen units.

I saw pictures of the gunmen and 80% of them are armed with either Galils or M16/Car-15s. I can understand that the off gunman could steal one but how could they have so many? Did they raid IDF armories?

that type of galil?

SAR, AR, MAR, ARM?

and m16's are not that hard to get.

most likely they stole them from murdered Israselis troops.

the galil is actual pretty rare. not even many IDF use it.

it is mostly used by police, and armour crews..

but you add in the fact the US has been supplying Egypt with weapons and egypt has been smuggling weapons into Gaza.

it is very likely that m16's would pop up. and galil's as i said could be 1 bought, 2 stoled from murdered police 3 stolen from murdered IDF or 4 stolen from murdered Israeli settlers.

I don't think there is any Israeli armories or bases that close to gaza or the west bank..