Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

Oh and another thing. Will your palestinians be able to throw rocks? Right now I use gimbals tossers to simulate this, but it would be cool for u guys to make rock throwers in palestinian garb and with mid easter faces, kinda tired of shooting at caucasian guys with dress shirts, LOL.

Yeah...I forgot about the Gimbal tossers....thanks for reminding me about that. smile_o.gif

In addonpack 3 we can see about making rock throwing Palistinian civilians.

Right now Egypt is in the process of upgrading their AH-64A's to AH-64D models.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

About the modernized soviet tanks. Didnt they upgrade their T-62' with fire control systems, modern sights and better ammunition?

I might be totally wrong but if they did that then their T-62's are cabable to destroy older Magachi(?) tanks.

i don't think they did since they lost alot of their t-62's to israel. but they might have updated them with jsut fire control systems but it would maybe be an even match for an normal M60A3.. but not sure aboot an magach 6 with all the era and stuff.

What was changed or made better from the last pack? Didnt u guys said u re-did the weapons and infantry? I know u guys were planning on releasing the egyptians with creases in their pants right?

What about the A-4? My biggest problem with it was that it was too slow, I always stall and die on bombing or strafing runs. Did u guys add an afterburner?

Nah no afterburner...hmm...never had a problem flying the A4 but if its stalling on you, try flying with the flaps down. That helps sometimes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah I that helps, but it is also a problem because im concentrating on strafing so much I forget about the altitude and air speed.

Any other way to increase the airspeed of the A-4 without adding the afterburner?

Yeah I that helps, but it is also a problem because im concentrating on strafing so much I forget about the altitude and air speed.

Any other way to increase the airspeed of the A-4 without adding the afterburner?

Hold down the 'E' key?!! Remember, speed is life, altitude is insurance!! tounge_o.gif

actual the A-4 max speed is set to the real value.

it is not the fastest Jet made it is pretty slow.

and the A-4H engine DOES NOT have an afterburner in real life

Yeah I do hold on to the "E" key but I just strafe too damn low and end up ramming them kamakaze style....intentionally of course. LOL

Really? I thought the A-4 could break Mach 1? And isnt it a fighter/bomber? Thus a need for speed?

A-4H Ayit

Maximum speed: 1,071kph (642.6mph)

Ceiling: 17,000m (55774.28ft)

Range: 3,540km (2199.654miles)

Empty weight: 4,808kg (10599.83lb)

Max. load: 11,113kg (24499.97lb)

Powerplante Pratt and Whitney J52-P-408A engine with a thrust of 5,080 kg (11199.48lb)

and no the A-4H Is not a fighter it is a pure attack plane (Bomber, CAS, Attack) it does not carry ANY Air to Air missiles. in fact it's only air to air kill was with Rockets and guns.

Miles and I had a long debate aboot that.

and if you keep coming in to slow and low you need to get a better angle of attack and actual dive down on the target from a much higher and longer route. that way you dive but gain speed.. the other bad thing in OFP is it does not simulate engine thrust very well. and I am not sure there is a way to make a jet have more thrust. since smaller jets for some reason lose speed fast and never regain it. I know it is near impossible to reach the 600mph that It is set for..

but no it does have have after bunnersit really does not need them since the A-4H is so small and light with a veyr powerful engine. but all I know is it was a bithc to make it fly that stable.. before it was impossible to keep level..

Yeah im working on it.

Can your A-4 go 1000 MPH? dosent it only go to like 600?

600 is more than enough, and if you can make it climb and accelerate more rapidly, I would be happy. Yeah just being able to climb out before I crash would make things easier for me. LOL

It would be cool if you guys would consider making an Isreali M-151 desert patrol vehicle. I've seen pictures of some used by the armored LRRP forces and they had roll cages and I think GPMGs mounted on the front.

adrenaline red, no you read that wrong the frist 1,000 is Kilometers per hour the 600 is miles per hour.

and it can go 600 but it just never gets there due to the way OFP works. as for the rate of climb that is touchy it took me awhile to get it this stable. I might look into it but no promises and it will not be in this release.

there will be a new Jet fighter tho.. the Kfir.. an IAI designed Mirage III

mattmayhem, umm show me some images and info and you might just get it.

mattmayhem, umm show me some images and info and you might just get it.

Ask and ye shall recive  biggrin_o.gif  

I believe this vehicle is called the M151 Shimira and is a modified M-151A1 jeep with a roll bar and GPMG mounted infront of the passenger. The vehicles main purpose is SF and recon operations. Seems it was replaced in '97 by the Humvee but its pretty cool.

http://www.isayeret.com/vehicles/m151/m151.htm

http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/armored/guide.htm

http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/armored/p6.jpg

http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/armored/p5.jpg

http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/armored/p8.jpg

This is the main version I had in mind I think this version with this 3 point roll bar is the SF version and the ones with the 2 point rollbar are the recon version, but I'm not sure.: http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/infantry/givaty/givaty-11.jpg

Sorry, this is a model site but it gives detailed views from all angles.

http://www.academy.co.kr/en2/pla/pla_detail.html?id=324&p_mode=1

You could probably have the ATGM version if you implimented MCAR.

Oh...I got the soldiers in those positions using the Universal Animation addon. It just adds custom static animations that can be called up in the init file. They don't work well during missions, but they are great for movie cutscenes and for taking screenshots.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles! I found out how to make soldiers go into a crouch by disecting your lobo DMS mission, in the intro you have some snipers go into a crouch like that. Were those with that addon too? Because I was able to replicate the same positions.

I'm trying to make more lobo orientated missions but I need to work on my scripting as much of my missions are basic stuff. Right now I'm working on seige of suez city by IDF.

how you getting the IDF to the city?

there is only 1 bridge and idf m113 don't float.

or do they?

i forget.

but they shouldn't float..

lol

He can just say that they took the bridge or crossed via pontoon bridges. smile_o.gif The seige itself doesn't need to include the battle to take the bridge.

At any rate, the main problem with seige missions is a slow framerate. Its almost a necessity to have AI spawn scripts in the mission to keep the framerates good. That way enemy squads just spawn when Israeli soldiers get into certain areas of the city.

There are also plenty of buildings to stick snipers in or on.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeha and jsut wait till verision 1.5 of the sinai suez city will be even larger and hopefully more frame rate friendly.

due to my repackign the pbos of mapfact etc so that only the models are compressed and not the textures too. wich cna kill the fps.. also a few other tweaks i have done as well

He can just say that they took the bridge or crossed via pontoon bridges.  smile_o.gif   The seige itself doesn't need to include the battle to take the bridge.  

At any rate, the main problem with seige missions is a slow framerate.  Its almost a necessity to have AI spawn scripts in the mission to keep the framerates good.  That way enemy squads just spawn when Israeli soldiers get into certain areas of the city.  

There are also plenty of buildings to stick snipers in or on.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah, this is assuming that Isreali forces have already crossed the bridge and have esstablished positions into Egypt. The Isrealis hold positions north Of Suez. To try and fight the lag problem I made very little use of armor (in fact they are only props on the IDF defensive line) and the mission is just a Golani Raid into the city, not a total assault. I wish there was a way to make flashes in the distance to simulate the air/artillery attack that Suez would be under.