Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK

Will the campaign allow you to play as Egyptian forces as well?

Quote[/b] ]I suppose you are not making your own F-16 so are you using Footmunches or Vits F-16? I personally prefer Footmunches.

And another thing is that are those missiles in SA-6 oversized? They look very large but I have no idea if the real one has big missiles too.

SA-6:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Russe....ama.htm

Quote[/b] ]

Super config in terms of textures or something in the .cpp coding???

As far as textures go, nah, they won't use JPEGs. The goal is to eliminate lag as much as possible....however as far as the model goes...if we could get permission to use Earl & Suchey's M4 models we would gladly remodel our M4's and just take the Falcon sights and stick them on Earl & Suchey's M4's.

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking that they might/will lag certain computers (the textures).

Can you give us a timetable for the release of your armour pack?

Just asking cause theres not too many armour addons for either side. All I have are vit's IDF M1, egypt t-72, and that M-60 Magach.

In this next pack are any other air units being released? You should use footmunsh's f-16 with vits f-16 textures, it would look great. And what about choppers? I know vit released retextured bis ones, you guys going to make your own cobras and apaches or just retexture released ones?

Cant wait for your pack, keep up the good work.

And why don't the Israeli soldiers have HD like Egyptians have?

Probably because the IDF are trained to make accurate shots because of the constant threat of being court-martialed for indiscriminate use of force. They aren't supposed to discharge their weapon unless they are looking down the sights. By comparison, that was never explicitly stated as a rule or policy when I was in the U.S. Army during the tail end of the Cold War.

But still a soldier can panic and in respons to that he will fire

worse then ever, and you can of course have bad shooters

when in fight becouse of lack of skills/experience.

Whatever army organization you are in you can find people

that ain't so good to shot on living targets, or simply can't do

it becouse of panic or tiredness.

So please make a balance on this, even if Israel did win the war.

M16 was more accurate then the AK but that dosen't mean

that M16 was flawless and trustfull all the time.

Can you give us a timetable for the release of your armour pack?

Just asking cause theres not too many armour addons for either side. All I have are vit's IDF M1, egypt t-72, and that M-60 Magach.

In this next pack are any other air units being released? You should use footmunsh's f-16 with vits f-16 textures, it would look great. And what about choppers? I know vit released retextured bis ones, you guys going to make your own cobras and apaches or just retexture released ones?

Cant wait for your pack, keep up the good work.

Well its hard to give a time table cuz we're always working on different stuff all the time. You get burned out if you sit down and just work on one thing for days. sad_o.gif

But basically the answer is "as soon as possible". Even this pack we kinda rushed a little too quick in releasing when we should have spent more time beta testing it...but nevertheless we're happy its out there and getting used.

But if we just release the Merkava and Egyptian M1A1 along with the other updated addons that have bug fixes, then expect a tank pack very soon. But if we decide to wait and fix up the Puma and M60's first, it may take a little longer.

I'm leaning towards Just the Merkava and M1 release with the bug fixes so that way the pack won't be so gigantic this time around. smile_o.gif

Thats good to hear. I personally think that you should release your addons when they are ready. That way we can point out bugs, and stuff so you can make them better, if that is possible.

Thats good so you wont be overwhelmed with stuff to fix by releasing it all in one big pack. Instead you can adress issues gradually, less stressful I would imagine.

Got any pics? Dying to see em.

Great pack! My only suggestions are that you guys include some DMR rifles (possibly SJB's with JAM mags). It would also have been cool to see some units with those metzinfret "shower cap" helmet covers. Also, you might consider asking permission to use the GPMG from Project UKF's or operation northstar if you can get premission. Overall you guys did some great work!

BTW The Car-15 M203 the saryet golani guys have has the sight textures from the Car-15 with the falcon red dot sight, but yet the model is not equipped with any optics.

Probably because the IDF are trained to make accurate shots because of the constant threat of being court-martialed for indiscriminate use of force.  They aren't supposed to discharge their weapon unless they are looking down the sights.  By comparison, that was never explicitly stated as a rule or policy when I was in the U.S. Army during the tail end of the Cold War.

Personally, I'd prefer some sort of HD weapons for the Isreali side mostly for gameplay reasons. I want fire fights to last longer, and with the super shot AI of the game, they make it really short.

Really nice pack!

My proposals for the next version(if there will be one?) -

* Fix the way the hands look in first-person.(the sleeve)

* Fix the the Israeli pilot with a glock. Muzzlesmoke appears from the pilot's body and when fired, the Glock firing sound comes from the opposite side.

* Fix the Egyptian Commando AK47's wood. The buttom of the foregrip is blue'ish.

* Fix the little texture flaw on the Galil-Sar. It's on the right side(at least that's where I observed it) of the trigger.

* Give us more stuff! smile_o.gif

I do not know if this bug is already reported

but here it is anyway:

If you turn the turret on the rocket luncher

on the Egyptian side, this will happen to the radar anime.

ok techically the SA-6 should not even have radar it actual need a mother radar system mounted on a tracked vehical or static to even work. but that would require alot of scripting and stuff. but that bug i never saw it is a error in that the animation was not linked to the turret i might just remove the animation or fix it and build the radar mother track mounted..

the reason the IDF does not have HD weapons is that they are trained well and know how to use their weapons. as where the egyptians are 90% conscripts the can not evne read. but if you really wanted to you cna give the IDF HD ammo their weapons are jam HD compliant. and besides the IDF usual are out numbered 5 or more to 1..

there will be no HD ammo for the IDF.

if you want to give it to them then you can.

and you don't realize that IDF soldiers are faced with death everyday and with stress. if you work in the west bank or gaza where if you are killed they cut off your head and use it as a soccor ball. you would make every shot count..

if you don't liek fire fights endign so fast then do it like real life have 1 or 2 squads of IDF and 10 or more squads of Egyptians in urban areas. and watch how long the fire fight will last.. I made a mission where i had 1 squad of IDF enter a refugee camp(verision 1.5 of sinai) with 2 squads of egyptians and 3 troop squads. it was pretty intense combat plus i added civy's..the IDF get pinned down by HMG and rpg fire. they did have support zelda's sidign outside the camp to wathc their flank but yeah it was intense..

so no HD weapons for the IDF..

the sight bug on the m203 thing i remember that but i forgot if i fixed it.

the F-16 and F-15 will be foot munch's with my own retextures. and model tweaks..

the shleve issue. man i don't know what is doing that. i seen it on alot of add ons.. i think evne BAS's rangers do that.. maybe not but yeah if i cna figure out why it does that then it will be fixed..

the smoke from the glock on the pilot.. i have to look to see wich glock he is using. if it is the JAM one then that is soemtihng i can not fix. if it is ours then i can fix it..

the egyptian ak? you mean the folding stock ak47?

i don't know what texture you are talking aboot..

i know there is part of it that is blueish cuz that is steel..

will look at the galil to fix the texture issue..

MP missions need to be made first and I would love to see these on a server.. I wanna blow some other players up..

as for the bugs and stuff we did not catch.. well that is because our beta team is me and miles.. so I know we will miss alot of bugs..

Did you consider replacing the GPMG and adding the "shower caps" and Designated marksmen rifles in upcoming releases?

excuse my ignorance.. but what is HD ammo?

also, the mission thats included finally fires as an israeli soldier, but it seems after I defeat the opposition and their counter attacks the mission does not end... or is this supposed to happeN?

no we are not goint o use the GPMG from anyone. we are goin to keep the m240 that we use..

HD is high disperisal means you can hardly hit anything. it is only good For AI. humans should not be given it..

and that is a mission bug or you did not kill all the egyptians.

Well, whatever floats your boat.

I find the Corsair very hard to work with. The thing is twitchty,as in pushing my joystick a --tiny-- bit to the right makes it do rolls. Its hard to maneuver. The steering with it seems very sensitive.

Yeah the IDF units will get at least one unit per soldier category with the "shower caps" except for perhaps the border police and S-13. I just need to work on the model for that so that the "shower cap" fits around the helmet better. It also needs to be retextured and the .cpp stuff added to put in the new models.

As for the DMS weapons... I don't really want to add units that use those unless the weapons are in our weapons pack...and I'm not sure if Jackal 326 wants to put his DMS rifles in our weapons pack. But then again the IDF are the only ones that use most of those DMS rifles (although I think the US Marines are or have experimented with them).

However there is nothing stopping a mission maker from incorporating them into missions that use our IDF infantry addons.

smile_o.gif

So fear not, I will make some missions that use the DMS pack because I really like Jackal's work on those rifles and they are extremely effective. smile_o.gif

But until then...well the Galat'z is basically a DMS rifle of sorts as its not really a true sniper system as its accuracy leaves much to be desired. However it is used as a DMS rifle and is valued for its versatility and enhanced killing range over standard M4 assault rifles.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, whatever floats your boat.

I find the Corsair very hard to work with. The thing is twitchty,as in pushing my joystick a --tiny-- bit to the right makes it do rolls. Its hard to maneuver. The steering with it seems very sensitive.

what is the corsair?

you mean the A-4?

do not fly it with a joy stick unless you like to crash.

if i tried to make it handle with a joystick it would then not handle with a mouse.. it is a very wacked fly handling..

i have tweaked it alot to handle better but i cna try to make it handle a little better. it is very touchy..

-I noticed the egyptian flag/patches is basically "floating" (not connected to the sleeve) on all egyptinan units sleeves. Same thing with the Israelis units that have patches on their sleeves.

-Egyptian flight crew textures are "crazy" or something (not complete?).

Quote[/b] ]

what is the corsair?

you mean the A-4?

http://members.lsa.net/fmhaas/jet.html

-That is A-7 corsair II

-He/she ( tounge_o.gif )must of got the names mixed up.... wink_o.gif

ok just one thing, textures need some hard core work, really bad. They are just flat and plain, looks kinda like some old pre O2 addons ive seen. If one of you wants to contact me i will show you how to make them a good bit better hopefully, I would love to help out some.

are these current idf and egyptian soldiers?

im dl it at the moment

wich textures are "bad"?

and they are kinda currant.

I have to agree with Stryker, most of the Egyptian units have (should I say very) low-quality textures, along with the IDF aircraft. I hope you will take his help and try to improve them, I don't know how to make textures myself. The IDF units are good overall.

And now to another thing, the demo mission was a slideshow for me, I have a 1 ghz CPU and it was unplayable from start to end, heavy lag. I opened the demo mission up in the editor and saw what I feared; All the almost hundreds of soldiers in the mission were loaded at once.

When dealing with these large amounts of troops, you have to use a method of creating the infantry by scripts, so that only the AI that you are fighting/seeing at one time exist. All AI require more CPU power even if they are just standing and waiting for a trigger.

I have fixed the mission for you, now the 40+ town infantry are created when you reach the disembarkation point and the counterattack is created when you clear the town. My FPS has at least doubled, and it is now playable. smile_o.gif

I will mail Miles Teg the fixed mission shortly.

edit2: Mission sent to chrisgie@txdirect.net

I played through the mission myself, but I can't guarantee that something wasn't screwed up, I fixed some waypoints too.