Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Duran

Post your desktop

the threads offtopic in an off topic forum :P

ne way, the splash screen i was referring to is a abckground image to the tty consoles, so when u ware loading linux it looks all pretty and stuff to. In linux it comes as a kernel patch, for bsd, ive only tried freebsd i think its in there already.

As for customising the shell its rather simple, you dont look like you are using bash tho, you might have to install it, just type bash see if something happens. then type this command

export PS1=\[\033[0;34m\]\[\033[1;34m\]\u\[\033[0;1m\]@\[\033[1;31m\]\h\[\033[1;36m\]:\[\033[0;37m\]\w\[\033[1;33m\]$\[\033[0;0m\]

it will add some colours. The default shell freebsd left me with i hated, only bash for me smile_o.gif.

Those changes are only temporary, to make them always that way add it to .bashrc, to make bash default for your user just use kuser.

Iuse debian im currently in xandros 2.0 personal giving it a try, its very much like windows.

Cool thanks. I allways use sh for my shell, but I like bash too. smile_o.gif

As my attempts at JPG compression have all failed miserably this evening, the desktop wallpaper I currently use (and like a hell of a lot) is found here at Deviant Art.

the threads offtopic in an off topic forum :P

I suggest you read the "Purpose of off-topic forum" sticky above... wink_o.gif

We give you guys some leeway, so keep those desktops coming if you want the thread to stay open! wink_o.gif

Here´s mine. Nothing special.

Are you using a beta (or alpha?) of Longhorn, or is that jsut your wallpaper?

OK, here a shot of my current desktop - it's a bit light on for icons, but I mainly use this installation for games wink_o.gif

newdesktop.jpg

Just call me Mr. Boring.

Home one:

dtop06.jpg

Home two:

dtop05.jpg

Old Work:

dtop07.jpg

Sexy INQ. weapons wink_o.gif ...all though edited screenshots .

My desktop. Everything neatly sorted inot catagory.

desktop.jpg

I wish the folks at the Finntroll forums would crank out 'papers a bit faster, and I should do something about my ThemeXP demo expiring... wink_o.gif

2704%20top.jpg

Yeah i also have a habit of dumping everything to the desktop, and then later collect it in folders.

screen.jpg