Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Duran

Post your desktop

Speaking of Family guy desktops, a buddy of mine has the willy wonka one with peter swelled up looking like a blueberry. biggrin_o.gif

here´s mine:

desktop.jpg

omg i´m so tired & have to get up in 5 hours bah, gn8 all ghostface.gif

You and tex are definetly regularly smoking a joint! That is for sure!

thefinger.gif

Here's my current one:

desktop1.jpg

That's pretty high-res.. and organized

I used to have those frames too but I rarely used them

It gets messier over time as I have a nasty habit of dumping temporary stuff on the desktop.

I also have not been able to get my self to use the google deskbar on a regular basis. I'm to used to popping up an internet explorer (google is my homepage).

Hehe.. just look at the my desktop and it's pretty obvious that I have the same problem. I often empty the desktop into a temp folder. I currently have a folder with 5gb of crap but I can't delete it 'cause it has things I wanna save. I just need to sort them out first.

Hey tex, how do you get the desktops to rotate its image like that? Is it a program or a setting in Windows?

Quote[/b] ]opera, another one! Power DVD, is yours from Dell as well?

I tried Opera over a year ago and like it, so I kept it. Someday I'll buy it, I think. ANd PowerDVD came with my LG DVD drive, so I kinda kept it, it works alright.

Hey tex, how do you get the desktops to rotate its image like that?  Is it a program or a setting in Windows?

Not sure I know how you mean.

edit: you mean the way it changes the image every so often? I use a 3rd party program for that.

You said you have a thing that changes the background image everytime you reboot. I think he is asking where he can download that wink_o.gif

2560x1024x32@75hz = 2 19" CRT's running 1280x1024 spanned horizontally. Look at the taskbar and Task Manager to see how things are really going.

604kb

@ April 26 2004,17:15)]
You said you have a thing that changes the background image everytime you reboot.  I think he is asking where he can download that wink_o.gif

Well in that case, here you go: Random Desktop by Sentinelware Developments

Thanks Tex!  Yeah Toadlife, what the hell is that tounge_o.gif.  BTW, here is my background (ATM, thanks to Tex's little program he has smile_o.gif)

http://bb.domaindlx.com/opfcent/background.jpg

That's my OpenBSD console. To me it's more exciting that my windows desktop, which is bland and messy.

u need to sex those consoles up a bit, maybee bash with some colours

mine are

export PS1="\[\033[1;30m\][\[\033[0;31m\][\[\033[1;31m\][\[\033[1;35m\]\u\[\033[1;37m\]@\[\033[1;35m\]\h\[\033[1;37m\]:\[\033[1;31m\]\w\[\033[1;31m\]]\[\033[0;31m\]]\[\033[1;30m\]]\[\033[1;31m\]\"

for root or

export PS1=\[\033[0;34m\]\[\033[1;34m\]\u\[\033[0;1m\]@\[\033[1;31m\]\h\[\033[1;36m\]:\[\033[0;37m\]\w\[\033[1;33m\]$\[\033[0;0m\]

for user

as for splashscreen i have no idea how that works in openbsd.

I have no idea how to customize a shell in unix. I'll have to learn.

Quote[/b] ]as for splashscreen i have no idea how that works in openbsd.

Spashscreen? I think thats a Linux thing, though you could probably make one for BSD.

my first reaction would be to close this useless thread. however, since i'm feeling like being nice tonight, i'll let this thread live for another 24hrs or and close it, or close it when it turns into spam thread.

the threads offtopic in an off topic forum :P

ne way, the splash screen i was referring to is a abckground image to the tty consoles, so when u ware loading linux it looks all pretty and stuff to. In linux it comes as a kernel patch, for bsd, ive only tried freebsd i think its in there already.

As for customising the shell its rather simple, you dont look like you are using bash tho, you might have to install it, just type bash see if something happens. then type this command

export PS1=\[\033[0;34m\]\[\033[1;34m\]\u\[\033[0;1m\]@\[\033[1;31m\]\h\[\033[1;36m\]:\[\033[0;37m\]\w\[\033[1;33m\]$\[\033[0;0m\]

it will add some colours. The default shell freebsd left me with i hated, only bash for me smile_o.gif.

Those changes are only temporary, to make them always that way add it to .bashrc, to make bash default for your user just use kuser.

Iuse debian im currently in xandros 2.0 personal giving it a try, its very much like windows.