Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

Hey guys,

Question...When I try to start up the WGL mod folder I made I get the error that I need DX8,I'm using DX9 and I have had problems with this before with some other add-ons but I solved it one way or the other (don't know how exactly tounge_o.gif ) but any thoughts on this one? I'm running 1.96 and the ECP together with WGL mod folder.

Greetzzz

If you are getting P3D errors there is a temporary fix but it disables the skies. Do the following if you are getting the P3D errors and want to play without the skies until we come up with a permanent fix....

1.  Go to My Computer

2.  Find your OFP folder

3.  Doubleclick on the "WGL" folder inside your OFP folder

4.  Inside "WGL" rename your "DTA" folder to something like "DTA Old" or just delete it entirely

5.  Start OFP with WG as you normally would

You shouldn't get the P3D errors after that. Like I said, we're working on a fix. I apologize for the inconvenience.

WIN!

thanks a ton, everything works fine. Not having the new sky is a loss, but i'd rather lose that than all playability.

@AngusHeaf (and consorts) Really great pack; the addons and effects are superb and I cant wait to spend a lot of time with them.

One problem, Citadel is handing out the old addons and I understood you have something to do with that server.

(if Im wrong Im sorry but I hope to cu there)

I need to get in touch with Sgt. Rock and have him setup OFPWatch so that it gives out the new WG4.0 addons and not 3.0. I don't know how or I would do it myself.

I installed it and the map,, but the Icons are blank and it does not work...

What exaly do I need to make this work? do I need to download it again?

If you installed the game into a non-standard location the icons on the desktop will be a bit confused. If you doubleclick on them they should find what they're looking for automatically. If Windows doesn't do that then there's some more steps you could do to simply manually change the shortcut.

If you want to, and know how to, then just make a copy of your standard OFP shortcut and add -mod=wgl to the end of the target path. That'll take care of everything.

Hey guys,

Question...When I try to start up the WGL mod folder I made I get the error that I need DX8,I'm using DX9 and I have had problems with this before with some other add-ons but I solved it one way or the other (don't know how exactly tounge_o.gif ) but any thoughts on this one? I'm running 1.96 and the ECP together with WGL mod folder.

Greetzzz

That's because you have too many addons installed. Try using -nomap in the shortcut as well.

Thanks LD! Appreciate all the mirrors we can get, they really help spread out the bandwith so we don't need to lease an OC48 from some telephone company. Hehehe.

QUESTION: Anyone who has the P3D error and is unable to run the custom skies.... Can you run Kegety's basic sky pack without receiving this error?

We've isolated the problem to something in the Keg sky installer (cpbo app) and I had thought that it was something bad on our end (as in, we screwed up a file or something like that in the new sky textures). But I just spent a while testing things and I get the same P3D error when I run Keg's skies with nothing else but Resistance loaded. So it doesn't seem to be anything related to the WG skies in particular if Keg's skies do it also.

Like I said, if there's anyone out there who can't run WG skies but can run Keg's please drop me a line. Thanks!

@AngusHeaf:

Can i rename the DTA folder and use another sky or would this mess something up? (abit to darke for my taste)

anyone got any coop missions for this lying around?

You guys created a great pack, I'm loving it! But somehow my game freezes up when I use one of my home-made scripts, I never had this with any other unit running the script. I also had this with Wgl.2.01.

It's not a very heavy script, so I don't know what could cause the freeze except for the variables aiwest-aieast, do you use them in your addon-scripts?

sorry gentlemen but your mod doesn't work on my ofp french version because It writes faulse things

like campagne(campaign) with the wgl mod become c?mp?e

and another thing

there's no blood...

and many and many bugs

I really prefer the ecp mod with fdf it's more realistic + kurayami or pappy's mod

have a nice day

and sorry for my english

Any possibility of adding Suchey's/Earl's MAP into this? Possibly configured to keep things balanced and ammo interchangable?

Yes you could put the DTA folder from something like Keg's skies into the WGL folder and it'll work just fine.

We're looking into the Marine Assault Pack things and it's under consideration for a future release.

When i run with -mod=wgl i get a error: Picture ofplogo1.paa not found. sad_o.gif

The lockup problem during a mission only seems to occur in the editor. If you export to single or multi and play outside the editor, there will be no lockups. This is vexing; I suspect it's because OFP handles addons differently in the editor. Will be looking at ways to fix this.

We're looking into the Marine Assault Pack things and it's under consideration for a future release.

Excellent news. Crossing fingers. Had a chance to play last night on the Citadel server. Had a great time. Thanks.

please WGL make a hugh release to destroy and remove all those bugs because your explosion effects are the best never seen

and with weapons bugs,itsn't very good... rock.gif

and please try to make a config playbal on ofp solo(sorry for my bad english crazy_o.gif )

Wolf: Could you be more specific about the bugs?  If you don't tell Angus what they are, he can't fix them.

Angus: I thought we talked about using Suchey's Marine's before, but it was ruled out because of the integrated backups on his models interfering with the WG backpacks (purely visual).  That plus Suchey already binarized his models and lost the original O2 editable models due to a hard drive crash...thus making the removal of the backpacks through O2 impossible.  Or do you have something else up your sleeve?

Sven, Angus, Others: I will get the Citadel OFPWATCH updated with the latest release.  Updating the sky will have to be a manual process by clicking on the bat file instead of being prompted through the exe however.