Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

As i heard, you used our VDV pack in your work. I did'nt give any permission to do it. And Laser[ORCS] didn't give it too. Why you can retext or re-release our addons, and nobody said that you're "addon thieves"? I call it OFP-shit, and no one will download this pack. If you're making an effects, proceed like ECP - they asked all of sides and release only new configs.

God damned, you shouldn't ask us, only 'cause we're russians? Yap?

@vektorboson - That's a faulty link, it sends me to the posting page.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you better show more respect to the authors, which addons' you're stealing

Maybe you should respect the authors of addons, then people will respect your addons. I'm having memories of a certain Ranger pack...

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you better show more respect to the authors, which addons' you're stealing

Maybe you should respect the authors of addons, then people will respect your addons. I'm having memories of a certain Ranger pack...

Well said M21 wink_o.gif

BAS flamed on our pack only 'cause it were released before their "excellent" 1.5 rangers pack. And we didn't take BAS models or textures at all. Only one texture - and in a new version we throw BAS shit away. 'cause there is to many smell from them.

And you, guys, steals whole addons, and compare it with one texture.

Jeeez, as a lurker here it sure is a PITA to read these "You stole my mama"-arguments.

People, when yoy release something for OFP, just like any other modded games, be nice.

Just say yes, we should have mentioned you, sorry, we thought we had asked.

After all, everything is still legally BIS stuff so how can anyone steal anything in OFP?

Just show some common decency and respect!

from the readme to 2.01 (added to in every subsequent one):

Quote[/b] ]

===============================================================================================

== ADDON CREDITS

===============================================================================================

A special thanks to the addon authors who graciously allowed us to use their work:

- Laser for his fantastic russian units

- Edge for his fantastic resistance units

- Inquisitor for his weapons

- AKM74 for his excellent Russian APC pack and Konkurs ATGM

- The guys at MapFact.net who created the best base buildings, ever.

- BAS for allowing us to use some scripts and units

- Marfy and Sebastian for their MTLB pack

- To the guys who made the Mi2, whoever you are I'm sorry I can't find your name, great addon!

The authors believed they had permission. Heck they contacted me for using CoC_Mines, and forgot to put it in the 2.01 readme. Perhaps Laser should get in here then.

And what ORCS did or didn't "steal" is irrelevant to the argument. Forget about it.

All that we asked for - is to ask the permission to use our pack. Is it so difficult to write me and ask?

Anyway, today i am "good"))) No more flame. I can't download this peace of OFPworks 'cause of its size.

@ Mar. 30 2004,17:28)]All that we asked for - is to ask the permission to use our pack. Is it so difficult to write me and ask?

How come you cant apply this same logic when you are "borrowing" other peoples work?

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Citadel 4.0 WGL Server:   the-citadel.us </span>

Server Schedule- All times based on Eastern Standard Time (EST):

<span style='font-family:courier'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Monday nights      :  Coops w/variety of addons

Tuesday nights   :  WGL CTI !!!

Wednesday nights :  WGL Public Play !!!

Thursday nights    :  Squad Practice (usually locked)

Friday nights      :  Open for more Public Play!

Saturday nights    :  Open for more Public Play!

Sundays            :  League Matches (or Public Play!)</span></span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Come on out and play guys we'd love to get more WGL 'Public Play' going now that the addons are getting wide release.</span>

People who used to love MTCO - THIS MEANS YOU!!

And to Zeus Spartans / ShoP Euro - and any other great squads out there:

wgpromo.jpg

WGL Spring 2004 Season starts in TWO WEEKS!!!

Angus and gang. Did you guys pick up on the high flying AI RPG rounds. They cant hit the broad side of a barn right now.

Here is an example of a install.bat that will function properly with Win95,98/WinME operating systems:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@echo off

cls

echo.

If exist newdata\jasno.pac goto ok1

echo Installfiles not found.

goto end

:ok1

If not exist ..\res\dta\data.pbo echo ERROR data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\data.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo echo ERROR data3d.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data3d.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo goto end

echo This will process datafiles as required for high resolution skies.

echo None of the original OFP files will be modified.

echo.

echo Before proceeding, please make sure that you have

echo at least 400MB free space on this drive.

echo.

echo.

echo Press any key to continue or ctrl-c to abort.

pause >NUL

mkdir dta

mkdir dta\hwtl

mkdir temp

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\data.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\data.pbo temp

copy newdata\*.pa? temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\data.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\hwtl\data.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo temp

copy newdata\*.pa? temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\hwtl\data.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\data3d.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo temp

del temp\obloha.p3d.srpc

copy newdata\obloha.p3d temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\data3d.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo temp

del temp\obloha.p3d.srpc

copy newdata\obloha.p3d temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo.

echo all done.

echo You can now run OFP with high resolution skies by using -mod=hisky parameter.

:end

pause

Might help, if just a little. I think this was originally posted by "Johann 'onn' Bitsoenn"

Yet again, thank you for the great work on this mod. After a small LAN-session with my friends yesterday I am absolutley sold on playing WGL!

Guest major gandhi

hmm..nice mod. I installed it, tried the units, played around with it and got bored, as usual. It simply takes to long for me to make own reasonable missions that really use the full capacity of this mod.

If this is supposed to be a military simulator, are there any missions out for it yet? I would really like to play them.

League Maps are available from the league forums here: League Maps

CTF Maps, CQB Maps, Fun Maps, DeathMatches, etc etc havent been converted to 4.0 and re-released yet ... coming very soon.

I'm not aware of any WGL Coops, but I expect those will come along next.

WGL CTI 4.0 is being released tonite on Citadel.

Tools and templates for making multi-player competition maps available here: Tools & Unofficial Missions

I'll quickly address the non-issue of the VDV Airborne....

I wrote an email to Laser, whose units they REALLY are, on Monday, November 17, 2003 3:14 AM requesting use of the VDV units. Here's the email....

Laser,

Congratulations on the VDV airborne!! They look fantastic and are a great addition to OFP!!

I am working on an addon pack called the WarGames AddPak and we have completely reconfigured OFP based on total realism. We are also including the very best addons released, in the pack, configured with a lot of our new stuff (mortars, machineguns, backpack system, etc). We would REALLY love it if you would allow us to use your VDV airborne, without modification, other than removing the backpacks. We have a backpack system that everyone really loves but we can't use it if your backpacks are there. I can take your backpack and convert it to the WarGames backpack system also, so your units will look exactly the same.

I would like to ask your permission to use your VDV but I really need them without the packs. Our league is dying to use your VDV to replace the ugly russian soldiers. Please help!! If you could just send me the models without the backpacks I would be eternally grateful. I would also be willing to do the work myself, or let you use our backpack system for your own things if you like it. I have a lot I can offer you. But I need to know very soon because the next season of our league starts in 2 weeks.

Any help is much appreciated.

Oh yeah, we will also be using your GRU Spetsnaz in the league and would like to tell you that they are fantastic also!! If you would like to try our pack, download it from www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wg_1.40_addpak.zip . It has MANY new things that no one has. Your VDV without backpacks would be for a great cause, a league that is almost 2 years old. Thank you.

AngusHeaf [RR]

www.rocksraiders.com

www.virtual-wars.com/wgmaps.php

On Monday, November 17, 2003 12:09 PM, Laser responded with this email....

Hello.

It's nice to hear that you like my last release. I think I can help you. Removing the backpacks and binarizing the models will take very little time, but the uploading will take a lot more since i'm on a low bandwidth. So i think you can expect to get the units in 2-3 days. I'll upload them onto my ftp, so you can get them.

If you could make and attach RD-99 backpacks (the one that the troops are currently equipped with), it would add much to the realism. I could even provide you with the backpack model, if you're interested. There is also an older backpack version, the RD-54, which will be available with the release of our VDV ver. 1.5.

WBR, Laser

He also sent me the soldier models, backpacks, and everything else I requested, very politely and in the good spirit of OFP modding, all in unbinarized MLOD format. There are more emails but I'm not going to waste my time pasting them since they contain links I'm sure he doesn't want distributed.

This debate, over permission to use Laser's units is over. Have a nice day. Maybe you should care less about me being in BAS, whom you obviously harbor ill will towards, and care more about getting your facts straight before you go off making a big deal out of nothing.

as ppl mentioned before, maps just have to be updated ...

if u cant wait, do it for yourself.

just unpbo an "old mission", open the mission.sqm with some editor, add required wgl_addons and do some search and replace with all units (like "oldwestsolider" to "wgl_oldwestsolider")

(only some exceptions here ... will post the list tomorrow)

---

Quote[/b] ]

Quick and dirty conversion guide (WGL 3.0 - 4.0)

1. Change all required addons in mission.sqm to end in _400 rather than _300

2. Remove anything referring to destroyedDetect.sqs (no longer needed)

3. Multiplayer only: Add the following weapons to every player each time they spawn:

"WGL_Throw"

"WGL_Put"

by Tactician

for demanding large scale mulitplayer-play this mod should replace original ofp completly, help making this come true! wink_o.gif

What the heck??  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]WG AddPak 4.00 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

This file contains invalid data.

You will have to run this utility again to completley install WG AddPak 4.00.

I didynt have the older WG packs on my cpu just installed the  hole new pack and it comes something like this whats the problem? what invalid data? sad_o.gif

Can I just say first of all wow, its an amazing, the island is stunning, the units are realistic the MAGs act like machine guns instead of badly sighted rifles with big magazines.

However on the downside, since I can't play MP I wont be keeping this pack on my HD (Although If I ever move to somewhere that I can get broadband I'll be reinstalling it straight away.)

Keep up the good work

da_ofp_man, sounds like a corrupt download =/ Downloading again would probably help.

Quote[/b] ]I'll be d/l this as soon as the new month begins (I'm over my ISP d/l limit!)

You aswell ghostface.gif

I'll be dling this great pack next month aswell, Great job guys!

First of all, GREAT MOD,

second, I suppose you have tried to translate the mod to spanish language, but there are some bugs.

wgbug.jpg

If you use ,accents, this are giving problems, or aren't used correctly, don't know. The image only shows the ones of the menu, there are more. I think that one for every Å„ or accent used.

By example, instead of CAMPAŃA-> menu says CAMPAA (lost the ń),

and instead of MISIÓN -> MISI?N the Ó is missed

Don't know if is an OFP problem, or a file of the mod not written correctly. I'm sure is not a windows problem, because my windows is spanish.

(I'm also don't know if you will see this post right written but in case you can read ESPAŃA correctly, look at the image.)

I have to give thanks also for your translation effort. If you need  any kind of help with this, will be a pleasure help you.

I really like the aa effects and explosions smile_o.gif

Simply Amazing.