Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

ANNOUNCEMENT: WARGAMES ADDPAK 4.11 IS OFFICIALLY READY FOR PUBLIC RELEASE !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 4.10 to 4.11 to fix a couple bugs that needed immediate attention. The patcher is very small and there will be no 4.11 full version since the patch addresses only a few things.

- WG AddPak 4.11 Patcher - Mirror 1 - 500kb

- WG AddPak 4.11 Patcher - Mirror 2 - 500kb

If you are downloading the WG AddPak for the first time or updating a version older than 4.0 please use the Full Installation links below. We have also made one major change to the pack installer...

Full Installation is now 2 installers, one for the addons and one for Gaia

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 1 - 100MB

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 2 - 100MB

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 3 - 100MB (Euro)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 4 - 100MB

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 1 - 50MB (Requires 4.0)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 2 - 50MB (Requires 4.0)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 3 - 50MB (Requires 4.0) (Euro)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 4 - 50MB (Required 4.0)

If you already have WG AddPak 2.50 or later you can download just the updated addpak installation program.

Gaia has not been updated since originally released! If you have Gaia already, download the file below

- WG Gaia 1.0 Full Installation - Mirror 1 - 35.3MB

- WG Gaia 1.0 Full Installation - Mirror 2 (Euro) - 35.3MB

Also needed for many WG missions is Kegety's EditorUpdate. Download this and extract it into your WGL mod folder or Res \ Addons folder

- Kegety's EditorUpdate

There are many "official" missions for WG. The link below will download all of the most current versions as of March 6th 2004. The other zip will download many of the more public oriented missions made for WG. Also worth checking out since it includes conversions of many fun classics!

- Links coming soon! Actually they may already be posted in another thread...

INSTRUCTIONS

Full Installation Package: (requires only OFP:R)

- Download the exe installer application

- Run the installer

- When you are asked for a location specify your OFP directory and it will do the rest

- When, near the end of the install, a window opens up and asks you to press any key to continue, do so, and it will install the WG Skies (hit CTRL+C to exit if you plan on running OFP in Direct3D mode)

- Download the Gaia installer application

- Run the installer

- When asked for location, again, locate your OFP directory and it will do the rest

- If using OFP:GOTY use GOTY WGL shortcut, otherwise use the other

You're done!!

Patcher Instructions: (requires 4.00)

---------------------------------------------------------

- You must be running version 4.0

- Download the installer

- Run the installer

- When you are asked for a location select your OFP directory and click Next

- When, near the end of the install, a window opens up and asks you to press any key to continue, do so, and it will install the WG Skies

- Use your existing WG OFP shortcut to play

More Information and Feedback

The sky install is not recommended if you run OFP in Direct3D mode or if you use Win98 or 95. We apologize for this, but there is nothing we can do to make it work reliably on these platforms. If you experience any errors about missing P3D or paa/pac files and you have installed the sky, delete your WGL\DTA folder and it will be fixed.

We welcome your feedback. Really we do. So don't hesitate to let us know what you think of the addon and any suggestions you have and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.

- WarGames Introduction Manual

Here's a few screenshots for the news sites and people interested in the pack. Let me just say that these screenshots only represent a TINY aspect of the mod and that the WarGames Introduction Manual is a far better list of what exactly the mod includes.

wgl_promo_01.jpg

Caption: A russian Mi-24V HIND encounters AAA fire from 2 Vulcans. The rounds fired airburst near the chopper bringing it quickly to the ground with sheer volume of fire.

wgl_promo_02.jpg

Caption: White Phosphorus mortar lands on an enemy camp positioned near a farm house. The mortar was delivered by a M224 60-mm mortar at a range of 2600m. All personnel, cooked and dead. One BRDM, also destroyed.

wgl_promo_03.jpg

Caption: BMP-3 launches a salvo of 6 smoke grenades before the onboard infantry disembarks. The shells can be seen in mid-flight.

wgl_promo_04.jpg

Caption: American M2A1 launches smoke and 4 seconds later has a wall of protective smokey goodness between it and the enemy. Smoke also defeats IR locking missiles at low angles.

wgl_promo_05.jpg

Caption: A-10 Thunderbolt drops a spaced ripple of 2 Mk82 dumb bombs onto a squad of BTR-80 vehicles. Battle damage: 2 destroyed BTRs, 1 disabled BTR, 20 dead personnel.

wgl_promo_06.jpg

Caption: United States LRSD (Long Range Survailence Detachment) waits in a hastey ambush while on patrol.

wgl_promo_07.jpg

Caption: Fresh from the gear locker... New high-resolution compasses offer pathfinders a superior tool for not getting lost, or at least knowing which way they're heading. Hehe.

Great work guys, downloading now.

RED

wow_o.gif nice screens. Looks very impressive.

This mod very nice. I personaly think the M60 is by far the best around and I always use it in my vietnam missions. Perfect!

Awesome job WGL guys. I'm gonna be working on a full out CTI version using WGL and all the units/addons. This is just awesome, but a little limited in SP. You guys did a great job optimizing it for MP.

Nice one, those Stingers are crazy tounge_o.gif

Bug Report: im getting a missing script error when i place a claymore, and RPG7 is missing image in gear.

The same.

All mines get the error.

And your right. They are not nice, they practical.

Here's a few screenshots for the news sites and people interested in the pack. Let me just say that these screenshots only represent a TINY aspect of the mod and that the WarGames Introduction Manual is a far better list of what exactly the mod includes.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_01.jpg

Caption: A russian Mi-24V HIND encounters AAA fire from 2 Vulcans. The rounds fired airburst near the chopper bringing it quickly to the ground with sheer volume of fire.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_02.jpg

Caption: White Phosphorus mortar lands on an enemy camp positioned near a farm house. The mortar was delivered by a M224 60-mm mortar at a range of 2600m. All personnel, cooked and dead. One BRDM, also destroyed.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_03.jpg

Caption: BMP-3 launches a salvo of 6 smoke grenades before the onboard infantry disembarks. The shells can be seen in mid-flight.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_04.jpg

Caption: American M2A1 launches smoke and 4 seconds later has a wall of protective smokey goodness between it and the enemy. Smoke also defeats IR locking missiles at low angles.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_05.jpg

Caption: A-10 Thunderbolt drops a spaced ripple of 2 Mk82 dumb bombs onto a squad of BTR-80 vehicles. Battle damage: 2 destroyed BTRs, 1 disabled BTR, 20 dead personnel.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_06.jpg

Caption: United States LRSD (Long Range Survailence Detachment) waits in a hastey ambush while on patrol.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_promo_07.jpg

Caption: Fresh from the gear locker... New high-resolution compasses offer pathfinders a superior tool for not getting lost, or at least knowing which way they're heading. Hehe.

Wow! Are those the actual effects?! They look killer, especially the dirt kicking up from the bombs, very impressive.

But now, I have a few questions. Are there any servers for playing this baby availible? I would love to try all this new stuff out in a nice coop, TDM, or just an adversarial mission scenario.

That said, it's all looking great guys. Downloading the pack right now and I'm really looking forward to bombarding some ruskies and some yanks.

EDIT: Wow, fast downloading server! Thank you WGL crew!

EDIT2: Question, is the high-res skies installer WinME and Win98 compatible? Or are you using the "old" unmodified Kegetys installer?

GIGA island is kind of pain in ass for me rock.gif

lags quite offenly on my Computer due to the numbers of trees they have(forest wont eat that much CPU power)

other then that, the pack is really good, GJ wgl guys

What exactly is in this pack ?

Sorry i m a bit confused , does it contains any new addons or different ones from others reconfigured? Also effects are new so does this means its got its own config to run on , rendering ECP useless?

Hey,

looks really promising! On my way to dl... ;) BTW is there any chance to make the map - at the evenings only - looks like it is enlighted with a red lamp? Because if we play any MP or SP games at the evening, my eyes are burned out, when switching into mapview... crazy_o.gif

Plz. help...

CU!

wow_o.gif I must say: it's really what I want in OFP.

This mod already touched the spirit of OFP, not those eye-candy addon models.

There are many beautiful addons, great, but after test for a while, I still feel require something...

Yes, the spirit of OFP, the mind of OFP.

Great job. wink_o.gif

OK, just got back from testing this excellent pack. Fighting at night is now MUCH more easy, and more fun thanks to the modified NVG's and the excellent explosion effects. The tank burn effects are spectacular!

But, there are a few bugs/"issues" that I noticed whilst playing:

1; No NVG's on Russian tank crews, a realistic feature or a .cfg blooper?

2; Indirect fire on the Apache, AI compatible or MP only?

3; The WGL highresolution skies not(?) compatible with Win98/WinME. Should be an easy fix.

4; Missing .P3d errors when trying to use the A10, both original and WGL versions. Not tried without WGL yet though...

All in all a great, great, great pack! The small things such as grenades not exploding when fired to close and timed hand grenades are just amazing. Yet again, great job WGL team! And thank you!

Looking good downloading and playing tomorrow morning after my exams, first got to study. Repeats in his head: Have to concentrate now, Wargames tomorrow.  

biggrin_o.gif

Hi guys

Downloading the 4.0 pack to a separate directory call @WGL4. The download goes ok for most of the way but I get an error at a DOS level stating data.pbo not found. Does the install need to see this file. Is it trying to mod the data.pbo file. If so why? Thanks for the update.

i´m all amazed about the phosphorus mortar, looking nice wow_o.gif

downloading now smile_o.gif

Just got back from testing it. smile_o.gif

Pros with the new version:

- Really, really nice effects, somehow both stylish and contained and really spectacular. smile_o.gif

- Planes are very maneuverable and not as sluggish as before.

- Smoke, AA, phosphorous.

- Renamed menu selections, like "engage pilot weapon control".

- New NVGs.

Cons, suggestions:

- NSV starts with no ammo but DShK works fine, bug?

- Rifle grenades are a tad too ineffective, they're almost useless except for obscuring the enemy in smoke. (!)

- There is almost no difference in sound range over silenced and non-silenced weapons. I know the sound reduction is very low in real life, but in WGL there seems to be no difference at all.

- At least the directional mine that the VDV use is giving me an error when I set it.

- The custom sky looks too dark and unrealistic, I think I'll reinstall without it.

- VDV are using the old, 1.0, ORCS model/textures instead of the new ones.

- More spacious editor and sharper fonts would be nice, like used by ECP and especially FDF.

Anyway, it's good pack overall, altough lots of weapons could be replaced by other ones of mods, like

Marine Assault Pack M249, M4, AKS-74U, maybe RPG-16 and Javelin.

TOW M60

I haven't played it that much, I'll have to get back to you... smile_o.gif

Nice pics, downloading now.

As I see it is a few bugs on this version, but I'll do fine

anyway.

PS: 24min(!) to download on on fast cable.