Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

Will we have the same kinda "SEAL leader" than in the oldie (no hat), it feels kinda silly to use HYK "Man" unit and run around with M14 SOPMOD and maybe LAWs/SMAWs and other stuff... 'cos he has no combat gear.

And are the weapons JAM/MAAM compitable?

And, finally... Looking very nice, chap.

The units will be along a similar lines as the previous version, but the visual appearance will be greatly enhanced due to the improved model/texture detail that is present.

The weapons will not be JAM/MAAM compatible as has been stated before. I have however made it of the highest priority to include support for default BIS magazines where possible (e.g. with the M16s/M4s etc).

Jackal, are all the weapon models and skins made by you?

If so nice job.

No, they come from various sources - other OFP addon makers, CS custom models etc. All original authors were contacted for their respective permissions before their models were converted. The models were, in many case, then greatly re-worked by me, to improve their suitability for my needs.

My connection has been messing me about even more recently, so I've been on very little over the past couple of weeks. This is the first chance I've had to post any news of the project. Anyway, during my connection downtime, I've been working on the desert camoflague textures for the M4A1s - as some of you may know, I started adding camo 'paint' to the M4A1s, but decided to drop them as they didn't seem to fit in with the other weapons/units in the pack. Well, with the recent increase in popularity of the Desert SEALs, I felt they needed some rifles that fit in with their area of operations, so I decided to re-start the camo textures. Check out the progress I've made thus-far below:

http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_ad....amo.jpg

Edit: The textures are still being tweaked. All the main optic variations (ACOG, Aimpoint, Elcan, Eotech, Irons etc) have been made, as well as suppressed variations of each.

most sf units like seals or force recon soldiers let their beards grow

specially when theyre in regions like ghan or iraq

its a matter of showing respect (like with wearing a keyfiyeh/shemagh) and just trying to look alike to they blend in the crowd if they cover up

+

sometimes its hard to get a shave in time ;)

i dont think shemagh's are worn as a sign of respect...

Shemaghs are usually worn to hide identity and not get a shitload of sand in your face.

Looking good man. With some good camo faces these will look mint.

saw some new pics at the site

dont know if their still using vbs textures but its looking great

http://sjb.gotf.net/tos/units/index.html

Yeah, that website is out of date, as those are what I consider v2.0 models, compared to the v5.0 models I have in VBS currently (and haven't ported to OFP yet as I'm waiting untiul they're complete). I'll hopefully update both of the websites (VBS and OFP versions) with updated images in the next few weeks as the VBS1 release draws ever closer. Upon release, I'll begin converting them back to OFP, removing VBS textures and model parts etc.

Been following your stuff on the VBS board and I am am also really glad that you will be bringing your fine looking weps to ofp.

Thanks

Well, v1.0 of the VBS version has been released. Not that this directly concerns many of you here, but it does indirectly affect you as now I'll begin working on the conversion from VBS1 to OFP, removing any reference to VBS1 textures/models etc. The weapons will be very simply converted, with only a few models requiring tweaking (the M249s mainly). I should begin this editing process sometime within the next few weeks or so.

great news, looking forward to it!

when you replace the vbs textures will u again be using cwc textures for the ofp version or some more "fresh" ones like hyk´s or lsr´s ? smile_o.gif

I am already using HYK's Modern US Infantry unit as a base, this was the case for the VBS version...and before anyone brings up the old "Did you get permission before using it for VBS?" remark, Yes I did.

Screenshots of the updated units can be found at the following locations:

SEAL Lineup 1

SEAL Lineup 2

SEALs keep watch by a wrecked M113

Showing off the XML Armpatches

Edit: Oh, and the weapons pack now contains approximately 180 weapons *chortles*

Damn that's great looking and 180 WEAPONS??? wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Could you, if if you could ( tounge_o.gif ), give us a list of the weapons that are in it and what scopes have you made.

Well I know there is all the M4's, M249's, mk.46/43, M60E3/4, what more? wink_o.gif

Everything looks great.. and with 180 weapons... god u made an entire new arsenal of US Weapons huh?? lol i cant see how 180 is possible.... lmao.. 60 different variants of the m4.. i love it!!