Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

EDIT: Could you clarify what exactly you mean. Do you mean me releasing a config.cpp seperate from the pack for editing? Or do you mean putting the config.cpp in a seperate PBO to the rest of the files. I have no problem with the former, but if it is the latter that you meant, you're going to be greatly disappointed.

Edit 2: Editing small things in addons (textures etc) is one thing, but editing the config is another - good luck playing MP with altered values.

i mean separate the config.cpp in a separate pbo file so that its easier to edit

also i dont really play mp so most my addons are edited in the config

if i dont like something in the addon i edit it like sensitivity and camo and accuracy or initspeed etc

looking forward to the release

Can't you just unpack and re-pack the main PBO like I do when I need to edit something? As far as putting the config files in seperate PBOs, I wont be doing that.

Can't you just unpack and re-pack the main PBO like I do when I need to edit something? As far as putting the config files in seperate PBOs, I wont be doing that.

y not? it takes 1min todo (no path changing needed) just make new folder, move the file there and pack as a seperate pbo. and will save you 100 probs. (like imagine u release and then ufind out after 1000 people downloaded that u have some stupid bugs, then they will have to redownload whole 160megs!!!!wink_o.gif intead u just update the config pbo and release it.

When you put it like that... wink_o.gif

In other news, the pack is progressing well. All that is left to do is code the new MP5KA4-PDW variants (wont take long), re-scale the SG552 series (probably will take a while, starting to break my balls already), and then mop up any remaining VBS1 references. Two weeks tops (I know I said that a week ago, but that was before someone said "Hey, what about an MP5K-PDW?"

Quote[/b] ]i mean separate the config.cpp in a separate pbo file so that its easier to edit

That really is the way to go with the bigger mods/addons.

As has been mentioned, repacking large files is a waste of time for small changes or a quick bug fix.

Its insane basically and makes no sense.

both parts?

you serious?

all these addons getting released, its christmas in july!!! xmas_o.gifpistols.gifyay.gif

^^^^

lol true

Hey so you're saying two more weeks until the weapons get released? Also how about the seals? Or will they both get released together in 2 weeks? Thanks. smile_o.gif

The SEALs will get released later than the weapons (not sure of a time-scale for the SEALs yet), all I know is they WON'T be released with the weapons. I'm having to re-make a fair amount of kit for them, particularly head-gear, to be slightly lower in the old polycount, so they 'fit' the OFP heads better (that is of course, unless llauma release his new heads in the near future - which I hope to be able to use).

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I finally implemented the seperate config.cpp idea after I thought it through, and read Soul_Assassin's post. Its only part of the weapons pack thus-far, hopefully I'll be able to include it in the SEALs too at a later-date, when I continue work on them.

*dances a jig*

I was just double checking the technical specifications of the SG552, when I noticed the overall length was approximately 730 mm (28.74 inches), which, when I compared it to the specifcations of the M4A1 as published on www.colt.com, I found the SG552 was roughly 5 inches shorter than the M4A1. This, in contrast with my pack's models, the scaling of the SG552s is pretty damn good tounge2.gif

One less thing to alter thumbs-up.gif

Well, I finally got around to removing the VBS1 references from the M249 models, and eventually got the pack into OFP after a couple of hiccups (namely forgetting to update the optic PBO file and wondering why the hell OFP wouldn't start tounge2.gif

Anyway, BETA testing should begin sometime this weekend. I've already selected my BETA Testers, so please don't reply here/e-mail me/PM me asking to test, as I wont reply.

I'll post some screenshots of the pack in OFP at some point. Until then, be safe in the knowledge progress is being made wink_o.gif

Hey there SJB, be again, lol i have several questions:

1. Hey the new Navy Seals you're are working on, will they be something like your V.10? Or will they be something totally new?

2. It says on your site they are 90% complete, does this mean they can be ready for beta testing almost? yay.gif  

3. Will they come in desert camo?

4. Also how long do you think it will take for the beta testing?

5. If everything goes fine and only minor bugs, do you think we can expect the weapons in a weeks tops?

6. Are the sounds of the weapons from your pervious pack with the SEALs the same or different?

I'm just curious, i don't wanna rush ya or anything. smile_o.gif

Well, I finally got around to removing the VBS1 references from the M249 models, and eventually got the pack into OFP after a couple of hiccups (namely forgetting to update the optic PBO file and wondering why the hell OFP wouldn't start tounge2.gif

Anyway, BETA testing should begin sometime this weekend. I've already selected my BETA Testers, so please don't reply here/e-mail me/PM me asking to test, as I wont reply.

I'll post some screenshots of the pack in OFP at some point. Until then, be safe in the knowledge progress is being made wink_o.gif

100+ weapons here we come

1. Hey the new Navy Seals you're are working on, will they be something like your V.10? Or will they be something totally new?

2. It says on your site they are 90% complete, does this mean they can be ready for beta testing almost? yay.gif  

3. Will they come in desert camo?

4. Also how long do you think it will take for the beta testing?

5. If everything goes fine and only minor bugs, do you think we can expect the weapons in a weeks tops?

6. Are the sounds of the weapons from your pervious pack with the SEALs the same or different?

1) They will be totally different to the early BETA released roughly 18 months ago. They'll be based around the HYK Modern Infantry units.

2) The site is out of date, so the 90% is inaccurate (its more like 60%) - I haven't updated it in ages.

3) Yes, they will come in desert camo.

4) Hopefully not long, but there are a lot of weapons to test - I'd probably estimate a week or so.

5) Hopefully yes. If only minor bugs/none at all ( rofl.gif ) are evident, the release will be next weekend.

6) Most sounds have been changed for more realistic sounds.

@Ruff: Its more like 190+ actually wink_o.gif

@Ruff: Its similar, but not exactly the same, as those you have linked to are the 'Commando' variant (with a 'tactical' fore-grip with rails for attaching flash-lights, vertical fore-grips and the like). The one in the pack is the 'basic' version. Check the link below for an image (its from VBS, but gives the general idea).

SG552 (Thanks to Fudge of OFPBASE.com for hosting)

@Ruff: Its similar, but not exactly the same, as those you have linked to are the 'Commando' variant (with a 'tactical' fore-grip with rails for attaching flash-lights, vertical fore-grips and the like). The one in the pack is the 'basic' version. Check the link below for an image (its from VBS, but gives the general idea).

SG552 (Thanks to Fudge of OFPBASE.com for hosting)

looks cool man

if the tears of the sun addons never gets updated when finished, make a sig 552 pack man

that sig is excellent, but imagine it with anpeq, with varous sights and supressors.

i dont want you to add more variants since im really waiting for the release of this weapons pack. i reckon you could make a separate weapon pack after the tears of the sun addon is done.

excellent stuff man

im really waiting for the release.

BETA testing has turned up a few bugs, one or two of which are going to take a while to narrow down (namely the M21s, SR25s and PSG1s having crap ballistics and the bullets dropping faster than Jude Law's trousers at a Nanny convention). Most of the other bugs have been fixed (erroneous namings of some weapons, disproportionate damage values etc).

Anyway, the point is, and I hate saying it, but the pack wont be out for this weekend. I want the pack done, and released as much as you guys do, but I'm not prepared to release an unfinished and bug-riddled pack - not again. No idea when it'll be done, but it'll be as soon as humanly possible - i.e. when I fix these few remaining bugs.