Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

You mean to tell me that I'm gonna have to redo my Deep Water mission to include the new SEALs? Jeez, its only been out for a short while.

Hi SJB. smile_o.gif

I' ve noticed something on the m249' s,the hanguard seem to be too short,he look like be absorbed by the ammobox and that is' t right,it should be a space between the ammobox and the handguard.Also the top of the handguard dont have the right form.

The rest of the gun look good to me. biggrin_o.gif

Are you planning to make spw or mk46mod0?If yes sd variations of them also?

desert camo M4 in RL:

USSF in an afghan hemp field

i don't think the 3-color desert camo has ever been applied to a weapon in RL. AFAIK the guys normally use khaki and brown spray-paint and let their inspiration flow wink_o.gif

bummer that i saw the pic so late, i mean i hope it's not too late to change some textures here and there.

apart from that: great work! smile_o.gif

...i mean i hope it's not too late to change some textures here and there...

The VBS community didn't complain, so the OFP community can put up with it rofl.gif

Anyway, down to brass-tacks:

@_Nebular_: I think the issues you brought up with the M249 is partly due to the angle, and partly due to an (ever so slightly) mis-mapped texture - more so than a modelling error anyway.

Another angle on the M249

@Cpt. FrostBite: The things I still need to do include altering the config code ever so slightly to remove slight references to VBS1 Core classnames, and also to reference Resistance classnames (these are for the most-part the same, just simply need to alter slight things). Also, I need to edit the M249 models to remove the VBS1 rear-sight and a few other things from VBS on other models. On paper its nothing much, its just pain-staking and time-consuming to trudge through each model, to check every VBS1 reference has been removed. I'll get through it as fast as I can.

Edit: Oohhh 600th post whistle.gif

Hi Sjb,i' ve just seen the edit and the new pic and now the hanguard lengt look good to me but does the handguard and the barrel look like be placed a bit low compared to the body of the gun.I dont really know how to said that in english but i hope you understand me.

And please dont take my comments wrong,i' m just trying to be constructive cause i' m really looking forward to those weaps and seals. smile_o.gif

EDIT:after a search on google,IMO,the barrel should be a lil bit higter ant the bolt lower.

Is that guy holding the M249 apart of your seals or something else?

Oh dam, looked like a cool addon. Anyway good work on the SEALS and weapons, do you have an approximate release date? smile_o.gif

Hi Sjb,i' ve just seen the edit and the new pic and now the hanguard lengt look good to me but does the handguard and the barrel look like be placed a bit low compared to the body of the gun.I dont really know how to said that in english but i hope you understand me.

And please dont take my comments wrong,i' m just trying to be constructive cause i' m really looking forward to those weaps and seals. smile_o.gif

EDIT:after a search on google,IMO,the barrel should be a lil bit higter ant the bolt lower.

MINISTD.jpg

he's right. You have the barrel placed a bit too low. For the rest it looks very good.

Yes, the unit in the screenshot I posted is for VBS1, part of the BAS Special Forces 2 pack (as _Nebular_ correctly posted).

With regard to the M249, thanks for the information, I'll look into altering it. The bolt seems to be practically correct, its just the barrel and the foregrip section (heat-shield etc) which are too low, that I will alter accordingly.

Yes, the unit in the screenshot I posted is for VBS1, part of the BAS Special Forces 2 pack (as _Nebular_ correctly posted).

With regard to the M249, thanks for the information, I'll look into altering it. The bolt seems to be practically correct, its just the barrel and the foregrip section (heat-shield etc) which are too low, that I will alter accordingly.

Don't forget to make the front sight a bit thinner and smaller wink_o.gif It should be properly lined up with the rear-sight.

SJB_M249_Comparison.jpg

All that is left to do is alter the front sight accordingly. The scale still isn't quite perfect (in the main receiver at least), but it'll do wink_o.gif

Great!! yay.gif

Are you planning to make spw or mk46mod0 ?If yes sd variations of them too?

Neither the MK46 nor the M249-SPW are planned.

The only additons I am planning to make are the SG552 series of rifles (Iron sights, ACOG, Aimpoint and Reflex - possibly an LMG version too), and possibly a FAMAS rifle.

OK. sad_o.gif

I dont know is it' s possible in real life so i' m ask here:

Does it possible to put a silencer on a minimi/m249 para?

I never seen pics of that so i' m asking. smile_o.gif

OK. sad_o.gif

I dont know is it' s possible in real life so i' m ask here:

Does it possible to put a silencer on a minimi/m249 para?

I never seen pics of that so i' m asking. smile_o.gif

No, not without modification of the muzzle.

It's possible to add a silencer to the SOF's variants of the M249, but not to the standard ones AFAIK.

And a silencer it not really needed for normal troops. Especially not on a weapon as the M249.

Hi all,thanks for the reply. smile_o.gif

So we can add a supressor to the m249para,so i think a supressed version could be really usefull for the specops,but as always,it' s just a suggestion. tounge2.gif

I'm just wondering, why not Mk.46 mod 0 or M249 SPW?? As I understand they belong to SEAL's equiment (I know, SEAL's can use any equiment they want, but I was meaning the most used weapons...) huh.gif

I'm just wondering, why not Mk.46 mod 0 or M249 SPW?

Mainly because I have to draw the line somewhere. The pack already contains 190+ weapons and weighs in at approximately 165mb+ (in an uncompressed/non-archived .PBO file)

Perhaps in future versions, but as I want to release the pack sometime this year, I'm drawing the line

can you pleae separe the config.cpp file

cause i edit almost all my addons

EDIT: Could you clarify what exactly you mean. Do you mean me releasing a config.cpp seperate from the pack for editing? Or do you mean putting the config.cpp in a seperate PBO to the rest of the files. I have no problem with the former, but if it is the latter that you meant, you're going to be greatly disappointed.

Edit 2: Editing small things in addons (textures etc) is one thing, but editing the config is another - good luck playing MP with altered values.