Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

hooray

hopefully itll be 2 weeks

since its my last day of uni exams!!!!!!

wink_o.gif

CAN I SEE PICS OF THE CQB m4

pls!!!

It is not released directly yet and there is no release date, you should contact him by PM , or at least by this thread to get the BIS face compatible version of his superb head model.

noice!!!

also

with the new head model, if it can use bis faces and it looks good then use it. but it ends up being weird like lasers delta heads i think stick with standard. just my 2 cents. either way itll be downloaded and used notworthy.gif

noice!!!

also

with the new head model, if it can use bis faces and it looks good then use it. but it ends up being weird like lasers delta heads i think stick with standard. just my 2 cents. either way itll be downloaded and used  notworthy.gif

use the new head model

@Llauma

notworthy.gif

@sjb

notworthy.gif

Hi sjb,you did an awesome work on the units!! xmas_o.gif

could we please have pics of the EOtech/holosighted m4?

Thanks. smile_o.gif

As requested, I've added a verticle fore-grip to the M4A1-CQB. I've also altered the back-up iron sight as per a request. Not sure who made the original model of the back-up sight as its one I've had kicking about on my HDD for a while, so full credit to the original author (whom-ever they are).

M4A1-CQB HIGH QUALITY IMAGE (336kb)

M4A1-CQB LOW QUALITY IMAGE (91kb)

I plan to move the fore-grip further back, towards the receiver as at the moment, it is mounted a touch too far forward. Also, check out the new "3D" Aimpoint I made from scratch, which is actually 'see-through' as you'd expect.

...and, as per another request, an image of the M4A1 with Eotech/Holo sight:

M4A1 EOTECH MEDIUM QUALITY IMAGE (106kb)

As for the new head model. I'm very impressed with Llauma's work, and I am particularly interested in his work on the custom-face-compatible new head model (being a fan of custom faces myself tounge2.gif). Depending on its release, I will hope to use it. In the event the new head-model is not released by the time to SEALs/Weapons are ready, I'll release the pack, and update the SEALs with the new head model as soon as the head is released.

Thats unlikely. The reason I wont be doing so is mainly because lights on weapons wont work within the OFP engine as most of you will know - ergo, lights modelled onto weapons only serve as "eye-candy" and serve no real purpose. More over, I felt it to be a waste of time adding them. I might model one for the CQB version though - I'll see how things progress.

Awesome work Jackal, one question though, will you equip your m4's with surefire lights?

Arch.

i just want this released

you got 100 weapons

+200 outside this addon

Jackal,

I know a while back you said you weren't going to make these JAM compatible, but I'd ask you to reconsider. Not sure what you're issues are (many consider the sound horrible), but w/ JAM3 in the near future, it might be worth adding. JAM3 is a much better product than before. And I'm not saying you would have to make a config entries like Laser did, just having the ability to use JAM mags.

Of course, your addon, but thought I'd make the pitch. Weapons look awesome. Thanks for your efforts.

As requested, I've added a verticle fore-grip to the M4A1-CQB. I've also altered the back-up iron sight as per a request. Not sure who made the original model of the back-up sight as its one I've had kicking about on my HDD for a while, so full credit to the original author (whom-ever they are).

M4A1-CQB HIGH QUALITY IMAGE (336kb)

M4A1-CQB LOW QUALITY IMAGE (91kb)

I plan to move the fore-grip further back, towards the receiver as at the moment, it is mounted a touch too far forward. Also, check out the new "3D" Aimpoint I made from scratch, which is actually 'see-through' as you'd expect.

I'm very impressed and it already looks a lot better. CBQ m4's seem to be a little 'pimped-out' in real-life, so the 'naked' version you had was a bit off. This looks awesome. But forgive me for what I'm about to say; I don't really like the ironsight. Although It's me who requested it, it's not the type used on the pictures. Look closely to the pictures and you'll see that the backup sight is actually an M4A1 handgrip/iron-sight which has been 'cut-off' right after the iron sight. You'll notice that it's positioned at the very beginning of the rail, just like the normal handgrip/ironsight.

I assume you have a seperate M4A1 handgrip/ironsight in your pack. In that case it's just a few minutes work to model the correct backup sight. Hell, if yu don't want to I'm prepared to do it for you if you send me the handgrip model.

But I'm just looking too much into detail. The stuff already looks awesome and if you don't want to change it than that's fine by me.

The holo-sight looks absolutely awesome btw. notworthy.gif

werent there working flashlights on handguns released some time ago/huh.gifwow_o.gif

Would be really cool to have lights and or lasers huh.gif

werent there working flashlights on handguns released some time ago/huh.gifwow_o.gif

Would be really cool to have lights and or lasers huh.gif

technically no... the light was part of the unit, not the weapon - it was cleverly positioned in the same place as where the light from a tacllight would appear

Cpt. FrostBite - I've already changed the back-up iron sight for the 'correct' one, just couldn't be bothered to take an updated screenshot biggrin_o.gif

percentage of conversion?

so excited about these

Cpt. FrostBite - I've already changed the back-up iron sight for the 'correct' one, just couldn't be bothered to take an updated screenshot biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif ok, I'm extremely happy you made the correct one

percentage of conversion?

Well, the weapons only need slight tweaks to certain models (M249s and M16A2s) and the config, then they're ready to go. The SEALs I haven't started to convert yet as I am waiting on the completion of Llauma's new head model. I may very well release the weapons SEPERATELY from the SEALs, and then, when Llauma releases his new head model, convert and release the SEALs at a later-date.

sounds like a good plan. If you have the weapons finished I see no reason why they should start collecting dust on you HD while the SEALs are being finished.