Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Just noticed this..

Even though we still don`t know for sure what it is we must all admit it was a breath of fresh air biggrin_o.gif , so long without ANYTHING at all crazy_o.gif

it would be nice if they bis/codemaster did a ofp 1.5 engine update for ofp pc in form of an expansion pack. but i would guess this would be a extremly hard thing to wish for.

Yeah, if the XBOX version will also be for pc, in expansion form to the game we have now then most of OFP2 features will already been added.

Interesting speculation...

I don't think BIS would work with BAS, they encourage the mod community not absorb them ;)

Congrats Earl

they sure did absorb one of them =)

Congratulations Early, that is fantastic news.

Yes they did absorb one of them, but I do think BIS encourage mod communities as a whole for the sake of having more addons in the OFP community, rather than using it as a recruiting ground. On this occasion they had a position available and Earl had the talents required for the job.

This also confirms some of my speculation that Seventh's team is doing the 3d model work while Prague build the engine.

I don't think BIS would work with BAS, they encourage the mod community not absorb them ;)

Congrats Earl

Earl wasn't on the BAS team wink_o.gif

Congrats Earl

Earl wasn't on the BAS team wink_o.gif

I know that DM, tounge_o.gif

It was nice that BIS AU acually gave the guy a great job doing something he loves. Although I'm pretty suprised they haven't started picking up BAS members (Or have they unoffically) blues.gif "Cues: Mission Impossible Theme"

Hmmm, just re-reading my speculative timeline... if BIS were to follow the same design path.. they would complete the next version of the military simulation software after adapting the technology for use by consumer gamers.

e.g They will build VBS2.  wow_o.gif

edit- Got it backwards.. seems VBS1 was released after OFP.

hmm, I ´ve an Idea.

Let´s write an email 2 BIS: And ask: how much an addon will be?

How many OFP-Fans are we? 5000?50000?1000000?

Everyone spends 10€-40$ and BIS have to release an Addon for us this summer. Before any X-Box-Projects or anything else. smile_o.gif

So, let´s buy an Addon! biggrin_o.gif

not like that schmerzbringer sad_o.gif

Anyway. Ive PM'd Seventh yesterday but no relpy sad_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

hmm... If the email isn´t effective, let´s go to Praha (isn´t BI located in Prague?). Worlds biggest OFP-gamer meeting at BI.

edit: I know, I can talk "easy" I am about 500km away from there.. biggrin_o.gif

edit2: We can merge it with the "worlds-biggest-ofp-lan"

hmm... If the email isn´t effective, let´s got to Praha (isn´t BI located in Prague?). Worlds biggest OFP-gamer meeting at BI.

edit: I know, I can talk "easy" I am about 500km away from there.. biggrin_o.gif

Well, what u waiting for then smile_o.gif?

Quote[/b] ] The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

NOOOO !!! STUPID PC !! F*** YOU WINDOWS !!!

NO PICS FOR ME !!

Mental Hospital next...

I won't stop you, but optionally you might just read the whole thread, as all the pics and additional infos were posted later on...

(not to mention a s**tload of speculations)

Why dont I have Virtual Battlefield System 2?

Stupid non-civilian version.

EDIT: I know this hasnt anything with the subject to do

Quote[/b] ]Let´s write an email 2 BIS: And ask: how much an addon will be?

How many OFP-Fans are we? 5000?50000?1000000?

Everyone spends 10€-40$ and BIS have to release an Addon for us this summer. Before any X-Box-Projects or anything else.  

I once thought for a moment to see how much money it would be pp to give to Suma and his guys so they could pay for a bigger team and this way to move forward the release date of ofp say 6 months.

But,then I realised some of us still go to school or have to support a wife and kids (or husband and kids in Avons case) and I woke up.

It was nice dream though smile_o.gif

Well, I'm sure those that still play OFP after over two years now would be willing to shell out a few buck (say 20 Euros?) for an upgrade that would enhance the engine (multiple gunners, JIP, etc. ).

But when OFP2 finally comes out people would be disappointed ("not much new stuff", "they really could have added something new instead of just...", etc. - you get my drift). In order to sell OFP2 and really present it as some great achievement the thing you compare it to must be worse. Just think of the game magazines who compared resistance and cwc - most didn't really notice the great differences - but they are the ones that lead people to buy a game or not. Selling a few cheap expansion packs doesn't really cut it then.

Let's face it, BIS is still a small company and they have to make a living with this game. Adding the need to support yet another version of it would only take time of the development of OFP2, and it would also possibly endanger their sales. Added costs/work for less total income don't really pay off.

I rather wait till 2005 than to see OFP2 fail.

@ Feb. 26 2004,16:39)]But,then I realised some of us still go to school or have to support a wife and kids (or husband and kids in Avons case) and I woke up.

/avon tears up donation check

Where is there anything to say OFP2 is an expansion of any kind?

Don't you remember early on when BIS said a lot of those features we wanted (JIP) would require a 75% replacement of code? Well that is still the case and OFP2 will still be a new base product, not an expansion.

And if VBS2 does exist, it's not ready yet as the VBS1 website knows nothing about it.

In summary I think OFP2 is gonna rock, I think it will have a lot of great new stuff but still keep true to what OFP was all about. And you guys will be pledging your everlasting love for BIS for years to come tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And you guys will be pledging your everlasting love for BIS for years to come

You bet ! I don´t care what and when will come from BIS.

I´ll just enjoy it when it´s there biggrin_o.gif

Not allowed to connect to ftp.flashpoint2004.com anymore. Seems like they wanna have it for themselves tounge_o.gif