Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Just noticed this..

I bet they are following this thread with a evil grin on their faces crazy_o.gif

Man, this kind of torture must be a violation against the basic human rights.. tounge_o.gif

I don't honestly know what to think about this...

I had no hopes for a reply from SUMA and guess what he is fulfilling my hopes tounge_o.gif

They wont say anything ... i agree this is torture its like Guantanamo Bay .... ghostface.gif

So any news on this out of the community did any cranky gaming site put this up for kicks , like gamespot or someone?

They wont say anything ... i agree this is torture its like Guantanamo Bay .... ghostface.gif

I agree.. it's as annoying as if someone poking your ear with a stick when you really need to get some sleep. tounge_o.gif

well heres a old excerpts from ATWARS interview with marek:

Quote[/b] ]@WAR: In the official website, it was mentioned that real life localities will be used. Can you give us some examples of these localities? Are the maps going to consist of entire continents instead of just islands like in OFP1?

Marek: There'll be three large localities in Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa, based on real places, but we don't have plans yet as to their exact locations. The size of environments in OFP2 will surpass the original game islands.

@WAR: Can you tell us a bit more about the campaigns?

Marek: Three theaters of war were already announced for the game: Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa. I can confirm the part in Southeast Asia will be during infamous Vietnam War. We have done months of research to make sure it's as realistic as possible and we're going to base missions on many events that really happened there.

@WAR: How about a tip on the new vehicles and weapons of OFP2?

Marek: You can expect pretty much everything that was in common use in 1970s.

This new stuff just cant be OFP2 is my gut feeling .... Marek said they had done massive research in to Vietnam and the other 3 theaters its not easy for a game dev team to make such drastic changes IF those models and stuff we saw in the pics are theres and NOT BAS or anyone elses.These modern stuff just arent meant for OFP2 its suppose to be in the 70's.

It just doesnt fit .....

I say this is just that 1.55 thingy weve been told about which nearly all of us discarded as first as a ignorant comment from a gaming magazine ...

I say this is just that 1.55 thingy

Hi, I wrote about the "1.55 thingy" and I meant the 1.55 Beta Patch which came before Resistance. (and there was no final patch afterwards, but the Resistance-Addon)

What you probably mean is OFP "1.5", which shall be the rumoured expansion pack.

EDIT:

BIS still releasing BETA-patches for OFP would make sense, when they indeed plan an expansion pack.

well heres a old excerpts from ATWARS interview with marek:
Quote[/b] ]@WAR: In the official website, it was mentioned that real life localities will be used. Can you give us some examples of these localities? Are the maps going to consist of entire continents instead of just islands like in OFP1?

Marek: There'll be three large localities in Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa, based on real places, but we don't have plans yet as to their exact locations. The size of environments in OFP2 will surpass the original game islands.

@WAR: Can you tell us a bit more about the campaigns?

Marek: Three theaters of war were already announced for the game: Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa. I can confirm the part in Southeast Asia will be during infamous Vietnam War. We have done months of research to make sure it's as realistic as possible and we're going to base missions on many events that really happened there.

@WAR: How about a tip on the new vehicles and weapons of OFP2?

Marek: You can expect pretty much everything that was in common use in 1970s.

This new stuff just cant be OFP2 is my gut feeling .... Marek said they had done massive research in to Vietnam and the other 3 theaters its not easy for a game dev team to make such drastic changes IF those models and stuff we saw in the pics are theres and NOT BAS or anyone elses.These modern stuff just arent meant for OFP2 its suppose to be in the 70's.

It just doesnt fit .....

I say this is just that 1.55 thingy weve been told about which nearly all of us discarded as first as a ignorant comment from a gaming magazine ...

I thought it was pretty obvious by now that OFP2 won't be in the 70's. Just check the official site..

But this isn't OFP2.. maybe a few parts of the pics are some beta stuff that will be in OFP2 such as the faces etc.

So what's the purpose of this site? I think it's a planned expansion aka IL but as BIS decided to make OFP2 a modern warfare game they postponed the release.

I thought it was pretty obvious by now that OFP2 won't be in the 70's. Just check the official site..

Then did marek lie in the interview or what? rock.gif

I mean h mad it clear that it was all 70's and they HAD DONE loads of research in to it ....

Then did marek lie in the interview or what?  rock.gif

I mean h mad it clear that it was all 70's and they HAD DONE loads of research in to it ....

How old is that interview? They used to have a old TV but now they have a modern one with modern units. This change was propably the reason why they delayed the release of OFP2 and not just because of the xbox version as they said

Maybe he didn't knew already and is this project just started

I can say for myself - it would suck if OFP:2 would be about Vietnam...there are so many titles coming out about Vietnam (BF vietnam, Vietcong: Fist Alpha + some other games), I am sick and tired of that...besides, the reason Im playing OFP instead of BF42 is partly because I like modern weapons and scenarios...Looks like developers are WW2 and Vietnam maniacs this days...I hope OFP:2 will have modern stuff...

OFP2 is not going to be about Vietnam, or at least the Vietnam War that you're all thinking of.

As the others say games change ALOT over time. And when a project is just starting you never know. If there has indeed been a change I think that BIS saw that what the community is leaning towards now is contemporary warfare opposed to historical warfare.

Hopefully OFP2 will cover both scenarios from the seventies and more modern days. And research put in on Asian countries/The vietnam war doesn't have to go to waste just because the game is not going to revolve around that conflict.

Golly...conspiracies are so fun! tounge_o.gif

I have a slight hunch that a certain addon studio have something to do with this... wink_o.gif

Hmm what if thoose pics were just some test for a ofp1 2 ofp2 converter? Probably not.

I would like it to be vietnam, it would be nice, FB vietnam and Vietcong are other games with other engines, I think OFP2 nam would be great, but OFP2 can be anything but sci-fi(made up/unrealistic) so i dont mind actually. To be honest I dont really care what war it is, a made up conflict works too, unless it has silly weapons smile_o.gif

I think the reason the game devs makes games based on WW2 and Vietnam is because thoose wars are most famous.

And other wargames does exists, Desert Storm, DF:BHD etc.

I would also like some words from BIS about the pics..

Maybe they just posted some pictures of the OFP2 engine in its current status, and converted addons, just to tease us.

Check ofp.gamezone.cz

they just reported that these screenies are of VBS2, so doubt it has anything to too with BAS.

Why, if I go to one of the adresses given on ofp.info do I need to enter a pasword? rock.gif

Check ofp.gamezone.cz

they just reported that these screenies are of VBS2, so doubt it has anything to too with BAS.

Yeah, they make a banner which says "Flashpoint" on it, and it should be VBS2 then?

Like all of us, OFP.info can only guess, and I guess, that this one is wrong.

Check ofp.gamezone.cz

A source said that but I dont believe that... The pics do not show things a army would wanna see if they would consider buying a combat sim. And what does flashpoint2004.com has to do with VBS2?

Operation flashpoint 2 will use US VBS technology. Someone mentioned http://www.flashpoint2004.com/vbs/ and I went there....requires a password......

My theory is that BIS have been using it to set up the site for Operation Flashpoint 2. The screenshots are previews of Operation Flashpoint 2, but now they are trying to cover it up. They aren't releasing an official statement because they want us to get all hyper and they want to fill conspiracy theories into out brains, it's good publicity for the game. Just because the game isn't finished it doesn't mean they won't be giving little screenshots here and there of finished PARTS of the game. They are reading this now, thinking "they haven't got a clue" and they've got a little trick up their sleeve....their next move we cannot predict, but all these websites could have been designed to make us suspicious and crazy with conspiracies, very good publicity for the game. Who knows what will happen next? Everyone wants to be the next person to find something out that will unravel this mystery further....and BIS are really happy about this. We're doing exactly what they wanted us to do. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but not many of you realise this, saying things like "VBS and BIS have nothing to do with each other". They do, it said so on the website...I'm probably confusing everyone....I'm confusing myself... rock.gif

yeah, and why would they want russkie forces as OPFOR?

Unless...

**realises the 2nd cold war is about to begin and hordes guns and food in a cave**

I have a great idea about how we can get info from BIS... We all stop comming to their forums for a few days so they think the public has lost interest in OFP2. They will think that the only way to get interest back into OFP2 would be to release info and maybe a few Screens of the game. That way we get our screens while BIS think they get the great public interest back (but they had it all the time with us just pretending to lose interest) biggrin_o.gif Only problem now is i have given away my cunning plan and they wont release the darn pics crazy_o.gif

Hy guys,I am almost 100% sure is not VBS2..

storyline%5B1%5D.jpg

When the pics were still up I managed to find a icon that read "storyline".Why would VBS2 have a storyline.I think this prooves it all.VBS is a simulator for the marines and all about various type of missions,not a story..

And this picture I think I am reading Flashpoint and two soldiers side by side bellow as in Flashpoint 2.

logoheader_1.jpg

If anything I am sure VBS2 must be the side project of Flashpoint 2...