Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Just noticed this..

HOLY CRAP! Bump Mapping?!?!?

That's awsome stuff, I knew BIS would pull it off.

*congradualtes BIS* awsome work! Love the trees

PC version? no. XBox? appears so, OFP2? without a doubt.

HEY. they get better M16's than the orginal BID models. My friends X-box fans say "ohh this new game Flashpoint." and I go. "I've been playing it for three years." they go "You lie. This is an entily new game never seen before." so i say i'll see you later and spend the rest of the day think of Flashpoint.

it's same for me... I honestly can't believe how long I been with this game... Rareware used to be my favorite Developers (for Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Conkers Bad Furr day, ETC) But now BIS is my favorite because, Look at what they did!!! I also like their relations with the community, I don't see that often with other development teams...

yeah. I like BIS team. Not like other teams they just throw the game out on the shelf and say "here ya go. Now bugger off". I see BIS helping people in the oxygen furom and I thinks its great.

Ok enoght of that back to flashpoint 2. I've think for a while. and this might be the wrong place but did anyone say it was gonna be based in the 70's. Maybe people said that cos of the pic of the US solider in US tiger stripe camo. rock.gif

The page for OFP2 got updated, and no longer mentions the originally proclaimed scenarios.

It seems very odd that a software house can survive so long in development without another release or expansion though, dont you think?

I wonder what this years E3 will throw up?

biggrin_o.gif

TJ

Yeah it's definetly been updated - apologies if someone's written this before but it says you can "command large squads with plenty of tactical options".

Look out CoC tounge_o.gif

It seems very odd that a software house can survive so long in development without another release or expansion though, dont you think?

I think that they live good enough from VBS1 sales and support... They recently released news about US National Guard (?) using VBS1.

Yeah it's definetly been updated - apologies if someone's written this before but it says you can "command large squads with plenty of tactical options".

Look out CoC  tounge_o.gif

Hm... or maybe make a buck?

;) biggrin_o.gif

Look out CoC  tounge_o.gif

Hm... or maybe make a buck?

;) biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif

Heh. It says "large squads" not "understrength battalions". We've still got some room to work.

Nicee smile_o.gif

[imghttp://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/xscreennew5_hi.jpg[/img]

And it's just XBox... imagine OFP2!

wow_o.gif

Yess! Color!! OFP2 won't be like the rest, all faded with shading biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What the... ?!?!?!

Two possibilities:

1. BIS is trying to pull a fast one and convince us that those weren't actually OFP2 screenshots.

2. Those weren't OFP2 screenshots.

There all ready is VBS1.

Maybe VBS is going to be realesd to public rock.gif No.......just a though.

Anyway. Dosnt Raplhie work for Coleslect now. Placebo.....................Interigate him tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe VBS is going to be realesd to public

Considering that it was upgraded by a different developer, it would be impossible for BIS to release VBS.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway. Dosnt Raplhie work for Coleslect now.

Could you see an April Fool's joke if it hit you in the head and screamed "Here I am!" ? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Could you see an April Fool's joke if it hit you in the head and screamed "Here I am!" ?

I guess not. Like my friends said "I'm thick"

I guess the IQ test i took was right.

You know, I gave this whole thing some thought, and I am very very dumbfounded.

3 theatures of combat..could this mean 3 different time periods? World War II, NAM & Modern day war?

I mean, if you REALLY wanted a game to hit big on the PC, you would think 3 different time periods of war would be amazingly fun.

But that would mean they'd have to make addons for three periods. Since an addon is not compatible with the other time periods, a lot of work must be done, without efficient use of it.

Compatibility should'nt be a problem... The current Flashpoint  game engine is already able to create addons from the 3 time periods without any errors..  Besides Flash2 will have many many more possibilities...making even more possibilities for addons.

not to mention vehicles from all 3 time periods pretty much work the same.