Just noticed this..

From the WHOIS:

Domain Name.......... flashpointvietnam.com

Creation Date........ 2003-01-14

Registration Date.... 2003-01-14

Expiry Date.......... 2005-01-14

Organisation Name.... CODEMASTERS SOFTWARE COMPANY LTD

Organisation Address. blablablabla

ye a litle odd that they buy www.flashpointvietnam.com and then link it to ther(codmasters) official OFP page

Companies often reserve different names "just in case". Of course they'll link to their official page if they don't have a Vietnam page. smile_o.gif

yes but all the rest of the pages they got registerd dont link to a official page like this one.

Maybe the Vietnam idea is not gone

edit:was a little slow this time just saw the picture on flashpoint2004.com

Looks like more for the millitary,less for the community.But I`ll give it time until after E3 for BIS to clear things up

Uh, It was "VBS1 advanced" and now just "VBS1" on that flashpoint2004 page? rock.gif

Compatibility should'nt be a problem... The current Flashpoint  game engine is already able to create addons from the 3 time periods without any errors..  Besides Flash2 will have many many more possibilities...making even more possibilities for addons.

not to mention vehicles from all 3 time periods pretty much work the same.

I didn't mean there would be errors, just work for nothing. If you create WW2/Vietnam/Modern age for instance, not many models can be just in more than one era, so a lot of work would be done and made little use of. Three stages in the same era would have a similar problem too, but not as big. they could create basiq addons that are used all over the world, so bigger use of there work

I didn't mean there would be errors, just work for nothing. If you create WW2/Vietnam/Modern age for instance, not many models can be just in more than one era, so a lot of work would be done and made little use of. Three stages in the same era would have a similar problem too, but not as big. they could create basiq addons that are used all over the world, so bigger use of there work

Basically we don't want the addon making to delay the game for 2008. By then China will have the olympics! tounge_o.gif

You would be suprised what alot of hard work can do. If I wanted, I could make a pistol in 3 days tops...however I would need to work on it all day long (and we don't want that) tounge_o.gif

or maybe the content would spill over onto 3 CD's?

I dunno, maybe it would take tons of time to beta test all the addons. I would just assume that I want tons of accuracy for one period rather than a survey sim on many periods.