Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Just noticed this..

If IL is for OFp 2 and those a prusuminly IL pics. Then thats means the engines is done, most of the units are done.

No way. BIS or BIA Australia havnt worked that fast. If they have then this game will be released Mid year not the expected late 2004/ early 2005 realease date.

Just my AUD 0.5cent

I guess it´s the teaser for OFP 1.5. OFP2 won´t be finished this year.

Units are either from cuba or south america imo.

Where are the gun junkies biggrin_o.gif ?

Can anyone tell m whcih gun that guy is holding with his back on the pic ?

Looks sorta like a G-3 or something to me its end is too long for it to be a AK but then again i am no gun genuis...maybe its a SVD dragunov? crazy_o.gif

Looks amazing.

Tried enlarging and editing the soldier pic for a closer look.... This rocks:

ofp1.5.jpg

could be a FN Fal or if this in IL and set near Australia maybe a L1A1 with the longer barrel. Be back soon with some pics

smile_o.gif

ok got the scaned book uploaded on my site. Just so I dont violate copywrite i will state the book

Title-Small arms

Aurtor-Chris chant

Ok here the link for the FN FAL

FN FAL

Also say that Australia made a version for New Guinea troops. Maybe seet in New Guinea. Sez in the right hand corner.

if you look at the pic you can see the classics of a cOLT AR15 variant... jugdeing from what i can see its moste likely to be a M4A1 (note the upperreciver is flat)  and there is mounted a ACOG scope on it  

(Why i´m so sure well i got a M4A1 whit a ACOG my self irl thats why ;)  )

for the pic whit the russians it could be a FAL variant and allso the soldier whit the back to the camera is in a other uniform... so the ruskis there could be advisors

If IL is for OFp 2 and those a prusuminly IL pics. Then thats means the engines is done, most of the units are done.

No way. BIS or BIA Australia havnt worked that fast. If they have then this game will be released Mid year not the expected late 2004/ early 2005 realease date.

Just my AUD 0.5cent

simple. they call the release date late

a) give them time to work out unexpected bugs

b) shut us up until then

c) makem look good releasing a project ahead of schedual

i think i might investagate this further.. but a few moments ago (it apperest as if the webmaster is curently working on the folders and such as im on the site right now) there was a subfolder in teh parent directory called ebud. i dont remember that lil bugger bein a bis staff tounge_o.gif

regaurding the engine being done... remember the old IL (Independance Lost) screenshots and stories? well IL has since died. or has it? if it has not hte IL engine shown already superious to the current OFP engine is already complet, working, and in perfect order. the only thing left would be to make the games semi-compatable (addonos/mods). make up a few missions, addons, voice acting, campaign, and gather sound fx (which takes time of course) and bam ur done.

regaurding where its registerd: its registered in the outback eh? big deal. say i need a webhost. if theres one in the US for $5 a month and one in say mexico for $2 im gonna go with the one in mexico. doesnt deny the fact i live in the USA. just means its cheaper for me to go with that one.

Hey everyone.

Well this "conspiracy theory" is sure gathering momentum.

Just a little observation:

In the pick with the russian soldiers look at the camo pattern of the soldier closest to the screen(the one that looks like Blake)

its not the same as the russian camo

Tim

Is it just me or do they addons made today look much like what we see here.

STGN

I posted this at the start of the topic:

Quote[/b] ]

-Almost all units are special ops

-New A10 (notice the rounder engines)

-Official Jungle Island

-Official Winter Island

-Open UAZ with mounted MG (Dshk?)

-New soldiers

-Littlebird picture from the flashpoint2 site

-On one banner you can see the BIS logo together with the VBS1 logo...

And now I would like to make some adjustments to what I feel it is now.

I think this is an updated OFP engine with some extra features like JIP and the units from VBS1 (source: That building) and IL (source: the Ch46 cockpit). The campaign involves special ops with AFAIK Russians as enemy's again , however this is still kinda fuzzy since what would russians be doing in the jungle?

One thing I'm unsure of.. is the terrain.. on one pic you can see "desert" (on the A-10 pic) and on another one Winter (cockpit pic) and on several other ones you can see Jungle...

I think it's quite fishy and I have a feeling that we won't get news from BIS untill the E3 arrives which would be a good time for them to announce stuff  smile_o.gif

News from ofp.info:

Quote[/b] ]According to our sources the BIS Australia side project we've mentioned before is probably Virtual Battlefield System 2, so it's not for public release but only for military use.

www.vbs2.com url goes to flashpoint2004.com/vbs2

And now look where the flashpoint2004.com redirects to. --> flashpoint1985.com wink_o.giftounge_o.gif hehe

Its not vbs2. NOway. I dont think the marines use little birds. And VBS2 wont have Soviets as opfor. No there something fishy going on here. And i'm gonna PM Maruk and find out.

Its not vbs2. NOway. I dont think the marines use little birds. And VBS2 wont have Soviets as opfor. No there something fishy going on here. And i'm gonna PM Maruk and find out.

Yeh i agree, the site wouldnt direct to flashpoint1985 if it was soley VBS.

PM Seventh since he registered the site and i've seem him in OFP2 general quite a bit tonight...

I bet we conna have "improved" VBS for public  biggrin_o.gif ! maybe, maybe not, but if it's only for military why BIS made trailer rock.gif , for military??

I wont quote anyone now, but my theory is:

Maybe BIS contacted BAS and other addons teams so they would upload their addons @ flashpoint2004.com, so BIS convert themt o OFP2 addons.

Also the flashpoint2004.com/ebud someone mentioned, remember ebud made ilo ilo, and told in the readme file it was a test for something bigger?..

The russian soldiers are the BAS russian forces pack?

The A10 is the BAS desert pack?

the winter island is Kegetys Nogojev converted for OFP2, with some changes ?

Looks nice smile_o.gif

EDIT:

I think its good that BIS, if, are working with the best addonsmaker, like bigger island projects and better models etc..

i think going on the idea that these are BAS and other addon makers stuff is slightly naive...

i'd doubt it if BAS are working with BIS on this project, whatever it is - or at least thats what my sources tell me  tounge_o.gif

do you no how old the news on the BAS site is lol  tounge_o.gif

Yeah I know! Like I said.....I'm just adding fuel to the fire lol wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif