Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

hard to chose...real is good but sharp looks some damm sexy biggrin_o.gif

Thanks a lot, placebo! Very nice to see foreigner to know so much about one's country smile_o.gif

::Edge stops messing with Czech version of Google to find the truth about the pink tank::

I'm afraid I only did a Google search as well, haven't explored too much of my adopted home yet smile_o.gif

I'm afraid I only did a Google search as well, haven't explored too much of my adopted home yet smile_o.gif

It is just time to explore some pub with powerfull beer-drinkers of CSLA Development Team! wink_o.gif

(Sorry for being off-topic.)

Regarding the sights: we made our internal poll resulting in 2:1 agreement on the use of blurred realistic sights. However, the suggestion to make both versions and offer the players to stick to their favourite type of sights is not forgotten.

I'd like to say "blurred" because of the obvious realism...but its a waste of a damn nice looking gun site to blur it up that way. wow_o.gif

crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'm for the Blured "real" aiming device, the other one looks great but it makes me thing about unrealistic games.

smile_o.gif

Blured, the sharp one looks way too good for OPF, save the sharp one for OPF2, maybe biggrin_o.gif ..

One comment to the ground textures:

Is it possible for you, to improve the ground textures a little bit? From this view they're not looking so good... rock.gif

edit

the second view looks pretty good smile_o.gif

One comment to the ground textures:

Is it possible for you, to improve the ground textures a little bit? From this view they're not looking so good... rock.gif

They cannot be better... biggrin_o.gif Jennik just took some lo-res screenshots of Lizardia a put the sights textures over it, that is why the landscape textures look a bit dull. Please visit CSLA Mod website - there are plenty of pictures proving that the land textures

(mix of photos, satellite imagery and lots of artistic effort) looks pretty good. The textures are detailed enough (512x512, as far as I know) and sharpened to achieve proper look.

PS: Thanks for your opinion regarding the sights smile_o.gif

Definatley the blurred ones, they look better than the sharp ones IMHO smile_o.gif

Also, I know that the CSLA texture artists will give us next to perfect textures, I mean look at that house a few pages back!

So, poll continues, what sights would you prefer? See materials on page 59.

Blured "real" one or "sharp" nicer?

Blured "real" aiming device

[imghttp://games.tiscali.cz/flashpoint/pics/csla2_optics_blur.jpg[/img]

Sharpened "nice" aiming device

[imghttp://games.tiscali.cz/flashpoint/pics/csla2_optics_sharp.jpg[/img]

Blurred. No doubt about it.

Take a good look at the pictures;

-in the blurred on your attention is focesed on the background and you can clearly see where you are aiming.

-THe sharpened one distracts you and you want to look at the sights instead of the buildings. There are two object that are sharp, you can't look at both at the same time.

So, poll continues, what sights would you prefer? See materials on page 59.

Blured "real" one or "sharp" nicer?

Blured "real" aiming device

[imghttp://games.tiscali.cz/flashpoint/pics/csla2_optics_blur.jpg[/img]

Sharpened "nice" aiming device

[imghttp://games.tiscali.cz/flashpoint/pics/csla2_optics_sharp.jpg[/img]

Blurred. No doubt about it.

Take a good look at the pictures;

-in the blurred on your attention is focesed on the background and you can clearly see where you are aiming.

-THe sharpened one distracts you and you want to look at the sights instead of the buildings. There are two object that are sharp, you can't look at both at the same time.

I agree with everything you just said.

They cannot be better...  biggrin_o.gif  Jennik just took some lo-res screenshots of Lizardia a put the sights textures over it, that is why the landscape textures look a bit dull. Please visit CSLA Mod website - there are plenty of pictures proving that the land textures

(mix of photos, satellite imagery and lots of artistic effort) looks pretty good. The textures are detailed enough (512x512, as far as I know) and sharpened to achieve proper look.

I didn't say anything biggrin_o.gif

I hate to sound like a desperate fanboy, but I am. Any news? You guys have been soooo quiet lately. smile_o.gif

A good ironsight that i like is the ones Earl created for the Marine Assault Pack , it is not too sharp and feels very in harmony with all the OFP background, and they are not blurry.

But i must say that this is very impressive , the CSLA team made the sight itself very clear, simulating accurately the eye focus on them, while the other parts of the weapons are blurry.

So my vote is for the blurry body of the weapon with the crystal clear sight, it feels very realistic -> this one.

Impressive work overall too on this pack.

I had nearly three weeks off. Partly bussiness trip, partly illness and partly holidays...

But...during that time a lot of work has been done. There is big development in Lizardia Island, new units for the Lizardia desert campaign as well as units for future project of Warshaw Pact. I think that very soon (in several days) we will present new pics the work.

I want to thank all of you, who have contributed to our "Sights poll". It really showed us what is preferred option and it contributed to our decision making. Thanks.

I had nearly three weeks off. Partly bussiness trip, partly illness and partly holidays...

But...during that time a lot of work has been done. There is big development in Lizardia Island, new units for the Lizardia desert campaign as well as units for future project of Warshaw Pact. I think that very soon (in several days) we will present new pics the work.

I want to thank all of you, who have contributed to our "Sights poll". It really showed us what is preferred option and it contributed to our decision making. Thanks.

Good news!! I'll be looking forward to any pictures.

Any chance you can tell us what the end-result of the poll is? Did you choose the blurred or the sharp one? I think you've chosen the blurred one (because is was obviously prefered), but I don't know for sure.

CTK (Czechoslovakian Press Agency), Lizzardia Island.

Minor clashes between terrorists and CSEF (Czechoslovakian Expeditionary Forces) has been repoted during last five days. Two soldiers have been wounded and one is missing in action. Six terrorists have been arrested and four other were killed during fire exchange with our forces. Search for weapon caches and suspected persons continues.

csla2lacerta_pics_012.jpg

"One man standing", terrorist guardman in front of local headquarters, Jean Yves Lousant (Reuters)

csla2lacerta_pics_013.jpg

"Waiting for muezzin call", quiet street in the town, Ahmad Mahout ("Dreaming the Peace" photograph portfolio)

csla2lacerta_pics_014.jpg

"Ambushed patrol", special forces sniper takes position to return fire after being abushed during routine patrol, CSLA Spokesman

csla2lacerta_pics_016.jpg

"Under fire", paratrooper takes cover behind terrorist's pick-up during seizing their encampment, CSLA Spokesman

oh i want this so much smile_o.gif, i guess there will be a dshk on back of the hilux also?

oh my god. just look at that! that does look perfect! man i can't wait to shoot those goddamn terrorists with these beautiful Czechoslovakian Expeditionary Forces

oh i want this so much smile_o.gif, i guess there will be a dshk on back of the hilux also?

There's a Dushka in the pic. Look closely. wink_o.gif

Thanks for the update! biggrin_o.gif

There's a Dushka in the pic. Look closely.  wink_o.gif

Thanks for the update!  biggrin_o.gif.

correct. It's almost not visible againt the building, but it's there.

wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif Awesome looking stuff you've got there.

Do I hear VBS1? To hell with VBS1, this looks WAY better!!

Awesome job!

Those buildings look very good and the little watertowers on top make them look very realistic.

Does the pick-truck come in two colors (red and green) ore more? I love the fact that the textures look old and dusty