Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Great MiG-21! Those are some great resistance soldiers... question: is this release in co-op with Aeon who was doing the FIA pack before?

question: is this release in co-op with Aeon who was doing the FIA pack before?

No, it is not. I think he uses the modern-looking Chechen-style rebels from VIT APC Pack, as far as I know.

We just assembled and retextured some vehicles we felt FIA could use. CSLA FIA Pack is not a standalone addon, but part of CSLA Mod with resistance theme.

Darn, his mod was looking so good... but then he disapeared off the face of the earth sad_o.gif

Darn, his mod was looking so good... but then he disapeared off the face of the earth sad_o.gif

He did this several times. But time by time, he releases some screenshot or announcement, too bad his news interval is about 1 year. crazy_o.gif

However, with CSLA 2.1, there will be some resistance stuff to play with until Aeon comes up with something... xmas_o.gif

Hello,

just a short question. Is it possible to add an "IR-Jammer/auto-flares" script to your nice choppers within the upcomming release? This is something I'm really missing especially on the Mi-24s.

Greetz

Plage

Hello,

just a short question. Is it possible to add an "IR-Jammer/auto-flares" script to your nice choppers within the upcomming release? This is something I'm really missing especially on the Mi-24s.

Greetz

Plage

Actually I liked getting shot down using the MI-24  smile_o.gif

I also liked shooting at them aswell. Adding such a script is great because it helps you surfive, but it also makes it very hard for you to shoot one down. The BAS choppers for example are a serious PITA when your playing the enemy.

edit;

@csla;

textures are awesome. But since those high quality textures are actually "standard quality" for the csla-mod I totaly forgot to mention them. Good work!  smile_o.gif

edit2;

I just noticed on the screens; the Mi-24's don't have any chaff-flare dispencers on the main body anymore. Instead they are in that box under the tail?? Is that on old version of it, I've never seen this before?

Awesome looking work as usual.  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I am sorry to announce that works on Operation Lacerta (including addons) are temporarily stopped.

I must admit, that news made me choke. sad_o.gif

@ Cpt. FrostBite:

Oh, you're right the "new" ones shown on the page have the old IR-Jammer under the tail and no flarelaunchers mounted.

The new jammer and the flares came with the Mi-24P (if I'm not wrong) and were later also integrated in some of the D and V versions.

----------

But I've another question. Do the "new" Hinds replace/overwrite any of the "old" already released ones?

Greetz

Plage

Hinds still have mirrored "OPASNO" on the right side of tail? I think this needs correction before release...

Why no pics of L-39?

Flare launchers: Thanks for the comments, T.S.C.Plage, we will see what could be done about that. Since we have seen many newer Hinds with "older" flarelaunchers, we assumed the issue is more complicated. We would appreciate any information regarding this, until that, we agreed on this scheme:

Mi-24V - old version (Czech will have the new as well, we've got some photos)

Mi-24P - new version

It would be great if you people who know anything could add some valuable comments.

Mirrored OPASNO: This would require a different tail texture which would increase the size of the addons. There are about 20 versions for East and Resistance in total, and this would require us to change too many models and textures. Peter_13, I can assure you that you won't notice that during gameplay.

Older vs. newer versions: The older versions of Hinds will be replaced with the new models, though we maintained the class-name compatibility because of previously made missions. We aimed mainly on replacing textures with some more realistic schemes, improving current model and adding new armament. We are finally getting close to Eastern feel and look of the common Mi-24, but we also remade those fancy "special" schemes:

upd1_pics_26w.jpg

upd1_pics_29w.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to say "Thanks for such kind replies, everyone!" smile_o.gif

That is INCREDIBLE! I never really liked the Flying Tigers helicopter paint schemes until now, in the style you've represented in OFP. Great work! wow_o.gif

Hi-res pics of Tiger camo scheme are online at our page now...

Edge

I think that adding a pair of poligons near the right side of tail with 1 additional texture in first LODs will not be a big problem for your MOD. Can't understand why you are making hi-res textures (you won't notice that during gameplay) but can't correst this small bug...

Guest major gandhi

is it possible to use the FIA-pack wihtout the whole csla2-mod?

is it possible to use the FIA-pack wihtout the whole csla2-mod?

No. Already mentioned by one of the CSLA-mod members on one of the previous pages.

FIA pack is include whole CSLA II. MOD.

Using this pack outside MOD is possible only via RIP config.

let's not be hasty eestikas :P we have the CW MOD out so we should have something to do until the new CSLA release wink_o.gif

I think that adding a pair of poligons near the right side of tail with 1 additional texture in first LODs will not be a big problem for your MOD. Can't understand why you are making hi-res textures (you won't notice that during gameplay) but can't correst this small bug...

The Hinds we produced (although we tried to make them as good-looking as possible) are considered INTERIM models and we didn't want to spend so much time on them. I know this might seem strange, but CSLA is not entirely about Hinds. wink_o.gif However, we will correct this issue. smile_o.gif

Regarding those "hi-res textures", they are definitely not what one would call "hi-res". smile_o.gif They are neither hi-res nor entirely accurate in details, they were made just to represent the Mi-24 better. We have a chance to photograph a real Hind, and we will definitely do so. Our model makers also started a new model of real Hind according to blueprints of real helicopter.

We know the weaknesses of current release, as well as overall weaknesses of Hinds appearing in OFP today, but we simply did not have time to complete realistic model with realistic textures for Update 1.

Release date of Update 1 is scheduled for January 2005; we want to get rid of making the update before January 1st, but we will need some time to test it.

The Hinds we produced (although we tried to make them as good-looking as possible) are considered INTERIM models and we didn't want to spend so much time on them. I know this might seem strange, but CSLA is not entirely about Hinds. wink_o.gif However, we will correct this issue. smile_o.gif

Regarding those "hi-res textures", they are definitely not what one  would call "hi-res". smile_o.gif They are neither hi-res nor entirely accurate in details, they were made just to represent the Mi-24 better. We have a chance to photograph a real Hind, and we will definitely do so. Our model makers also started a new model of real Hind according to blueprints of real helicopter.

We know the weaknesses of current release, as well as overall weaknesses of Hinds appearing in OFP today, but we simply did not have time to complete realistic model with realistic textures for Update 1.

Release date of Update 1 is scheduled for January 2005; we want to get rid of making the update before January 1st, but we will need some time to test it.

Good news that you are doing a new model. But isen't Scars already doing a very nice job on his Mi-24 pack??

For now; I'm very happy with what you call an "interim model". The high-quality textures and retracting gear (!!!) make the chopper look badass. This is all I need. This little 'bug' on the tail; I don't really care.

Our model of Mi-24 is remapped and modified for realistic size/shape.

Model of Ka-50 is realistic sized too now smile_o.gif