Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

I'm having a bit of trouble with the CSLA 2 short cut provided in the mod. (I do not have the GOTY version of OFP so I didnt use the OFPbeta one.)When I double click on it nothing happens. Yes I followed the instructions so can anyone figure out for me whats wrong?

I have small question. Which addons will be in update 1??

will you release a new csla_rip.pbo with it?

rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

We are not sure yet...

Yeah, the units look really nice. I have CSLA mod but don't use it 'cos I prefer FDF (I'm a Finn) and can't use the units of CSLA with FDF which is a shame...

can I ask the CSLA team wich script have they used for the "dispersion fire" ? smile_o.gif

We don't use scripts for dispersion fire... it is done via settings in config.

BTR-50 has a m.gun... PK or something similar.

It's not unarmed.

Good to hear that you will lower recoil and dispersion a little - but why not use the standart BIS recoil???

can I ask the CSLA team wich script have they used for the "dispersion fire" ?
Good to hear that you will lower recoil and dispersion a little - but why not use the standart BIS recoil???

Higher dispersions were used at first to make firefights to have a longer duration, i think it was the idea on the Sebnam pack

in the config , if i am not mistaken, it was by tweaking those values in each weapons class definition

dispersion

aiDispersionCoefX

aiDispersionCoefY

You can look at how BAS did their HD weapons too , while comparing with BIS dispersion settings and CSLA ones.

But a side effect, that can be really annoying, is that high dispersion create a "cone of fire" that make realism to take a big step down , as your weapon will never hit anymore where you are aiming to.

The other workaround to make more longer firefight would be to tweak the recoil itself , something that FDF mod has made , making more difficult to hit when firing on burst and full auto at a distance.

But it did not really disturbed the AI to make AI firefight longer, as the weapon continue to hit where it aims , so even if -all- the "burst" bullets do not hit anymore at a distance , the first bullet always hit like before.

To work recoil in the configs, one should look there, it is very well explained

Another possibiliy would be to tweak the weapon "sway" (i think it is done in the FDF mod too), so that it takes a bit more time to aim accurately , and it is making the aiming less easy if you are not crouched or prone.

To achieve this, you will have to tweak the value "aimprecision" in the config , at this subject some interesting idea about it can be found in this thread

I think the combination of recoil and weapon "sway" should be preferable instead of making the dispersion too high, as it can be frustrating to have the bullet hit in a random zone and not where you are aiming.

While high dispersion can be interesting to simulate untrained units.

@Sanctuary: Thanks for very very helpful comment! smile_o.gif

I can assure you that we prefer "weapon swaying" to "high dispersion" - I also like this feature and demanded changing the weapon values. I was also a bit upset that I wasn't able to hit a house on 20 meters... tounge_o.gif

BTR-50 has a m.gun... PK or something similar.

It's not unarmed.

BTR-50 was used in reality mainly used as unarmed armored transport.

pics

Arrmy recognition page

Version with armed turning gunner cupola is OT-62 TOPAS.

csla2_ot62_19w.jpg

TO Maa: when the UPDATE 1 + FIA PACK will be prepared for downloading? I want it CSLA is the BEST MOD. (asi proto. ze sem cech a anglicky moc neumim, proste bych jenom rad vedel, kdy bude:))

Umm..looks great guys!

excuse me for being offtopic...but what does FIA stand for exactly? Had ofp for 3 years and still dont know what it stands for. rock.gif

FIA - FREE ISLANDS ALLIANCE

Someone correct me if im wrong

FIA - Friend In Action

FIA - F**ked In Action

FIA - Frag In Action

FIA - France In Action

biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

FIA - Friend In Action

FIA - F**ked In Action

FIA - Frag In Action

FIA - France In Action

biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

The first three are quite likely. But the fourth.... rock.gif . That can't be possible wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Stuff looks very good. For some strange reason I think that truck with MG looks ultra-cool. Although it can be taken out with a single well-aimed shot, it still looks cool.

Perhaps you should consider welding steel plates to the cabin of the truck to make it lightly armored. And give the gunner a a little shield mounted on the machinegun. This will also add to the 'A-team FIA factor' and will improve the functionality of this truck.

The camo on the FIA armored vehicles looks very nice!!

FIA - Friend In Action

FIA - F**ked In Action

FIA - Frag In Action

FIA - France In Action

biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

The first three are quite likely. But the fourth.... rock.gif . That can't be possible  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Stuff looks very good. For some strange reason I think that truck with MG looks ultra-cool. Although it can be taken out with a single well-aimed shot, it still looks cool.

Perhaps you should consider welding steel plates to the cabin of the truck to make it lightly armored. And give the gunner a a little shield mounted on the machinegun. This will also add to the 'A-team FIA factor' and will improve the functionality of this truck.

The camo on the FIA armored vehicles looks very nice!!

Avon about FIA

wink_o.gif

Thanx for good comments.

We will add shield to DshK

We will try add few armor plates to kabin too...

"BTR-50 was used in reality mainly used as unarmed armored transport. Version with armed turning gunner cupola is OT-62 TOPAS."

There's no such thing as "Unarmored Transport" in the Soviet Army - they always put a m.gun on everything. smile_o.gif

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/btr-50pk-005.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/btr-50pk-004.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/btr-50p-004.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/btr-50.htm

TOPAS is something CSLA and LWP would use - Rushkies don't have those units.

@Keller_777:

Machineguns are mounted on very old versions of BTR-50 which don't have covered cargo places as is shown at this pic (and machinegun is used from this uncovered cargo place...):

btr-50-DDST8501291_JPG.jpg

EDIT:

As you can show at this pic, newer versions are not armed:

btr-50pk-003.jpg