Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Bobby made some agreement with Scars, who was willing to allow us to implement his Hind into CSLA when he finishes it. That is why we stopped working on our model and have waited for completion of Scars' awesome piece of art. The "interim" models are just result of this status quo, we really felt we need better Hinds... smile_o.gif

Bobby made some agreement with Scars, who was willing to allow us to implement his Hind into CSLA when he finishes it. That is why we stopped working on our model and have waited for completion of Scars' awesome piece of art. The "interim" models are just result of this status quo, we really felt we need better Hinds... smile_o.gif

omg, once again really great news! i just love scars hind  wow_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Wow - your textures and Scars' model? The ultimate Hind biggrin_o.gif

I think Scars' textures are really good as well, he did great job on it overall. If we'd use his model, we would surely make use of some texture templates of his, if Scars allows us to do so, that's for sure. smile_o.gif

Never mind, I bet all the talented people from Our Weapons work on their ultimate Mi-24 as we talk here... biggrin_o.gif

After a couple of hours of searching the net for informations around Hinds again (Maa, knows why I write "again" wink_o.gif ) I got some new infos and I think I put the puzzle together.

Ok, here're the informations I gathered. Please note that not all sources say the same! Even some people who worked with the thing simply don't know, remember or mix up some things.

Mi-24D:

First version with the new seperated "capsuled" cockpit and the 12,7mm cannon mounted in a nose-turret.

Some sources say it was already equipped with IR-jammer and flarelaunchers. I think the models that left the factory never had an IR-jammer installed. In my opinion this is maybe a later upgrade or the people simply think the "ASO-2V" flare dispensers (mounted under the tailboom) also work as IR-jammer, which is simply wrong.

"ASO-2V" flare dispenders (old version - mounted under the tailboom)

hind_01.jpg

hind_02.jpg

Mi-24V:

An upgraded "D" version. The first models had only the "ASO-2V" flare dispenders mounted while the later versions were already equipped with the L-166V-11E "Ispanka" or SOEP-V1A "Lipa" IR-jammer mounted above forward end of the tailboom/under the back of the main-rotor.

All versions that can be equipped with the IR-jammers have an additional mounting to fit the "flower pot" to the hull.

empty mounting platform

hind_03.jpg

mounted L-166V-11E "Ispanka"

hind_04.jpg

Mi-24P:

A new version with the 30mm twin-cannon (GSh-30-2 - nickname "Pushka" (=cannon)) mounted on the rightside of the fronthull. Already equipped with the new "ASO-V2" and one of the jammers.

I think with this version the "ASO-V2" flare dispenders were positioned in new cases behind the wings and were not longer mounted under the tailboom. Additional the size of each case was raised so each side countained now three lines of launchers (6x32 = 192 flares total) instead of only two lines (4x32 = 128 flares total) like in the old version under the tailboom.

"ASO-2V" flare dispenders (new version - mounted in boxes behind wings)

hind_05.jpg

Additional:

ASO-V2 flare dispenders - 32 flares in 2 lines each package

SOEP-V1A "Lipa" - IR-jammer (*)

L-166V-11E "Ispanka" - IR-jammer (*)

*...microwave pulse lamp "Hot Brick"...projects a hot point above the helicopter which IR-guided rockets should aim at instead of the hot exhaust-gases or engine. The L-166 was/is the more common used IR-jammer. You can see the diffrence from the SOEP-V1A by their cases. The L-166 has a round case-top while the SOEP-V1A is more looking like a tin/can.

-------------

Concerning the "old" and upcomming CSLA Mi-24s.

I can understand that you don't want to keep such an eye on "Tiger Meet" helicopters and want to reflect some more combat related stuff.

In this case I think the existing white Mi-24 could be "deleted" because it's really to special.

The blue one is looking really cool but I can understnad that it's also to special and has to make place for a new one.

But please don't delete the "normal" Mi-24V completly! I really like the camo-sheme and the marking. Instead you could only remove the "tiger" markings...this would fit perfectly to the Nogovan environment.

hind_06.jpg

Ok, looking forward to see the new upgrade and especially the new choppers ingame.

Greetz

Plage

ooo.. are those ingame pictures? wink_o.gif

Nawh, I just (finaly) got my hands on Csla 2 and man it looks damn good.. Just wanted to take use the oppertunity to say thank you and express that I am looking forward to the next release smile_o.gif

Cheers

Joe

Thanks for valuable info, Plage! smile_o.gif We've also been contacted by Czech Hind enthusiast with military background, who also gave us some vital info. All this will help us to deliver better Hinds. But as CanadianTerror said, CSLA is not only about Hinds...

We are working hard to bring new soldier model:

new_soldier_01.jpg

The one on the picture is a beta-stage soldier. We use the brand new basic soldier model, and the equipment is more realistic. We spent some time with CSLA Reenactment Club. For two days, we were briefed on the stuff they wore and carried. We also had a chance to photograph most equipment of common Czechoslovak People's G.I.

However, what you see on the screenwshot is beta only! It will definitely need resizing some equipment and adding shades to the fatigues textures. Working on it...

One more thing which was maybe not pointed out in a way it deserves, our mission makers reworked "Operation Paranoid" campaign from old CSLA 1. We assume it will be a nice gaming experience for both old dogs as well as for those who did not play the old one.

Although it does not follow the scheme of "evil communist fighting the world", there are plenty of interesting missions. Of course, due to the CSLA II addons, it looks all new. Must play. biggrin_o.gif

BTW this time, there'll be no 1-hour-long cinematics...

Give the soldier bigger back-pack so it will look better in ofp and

do the Czechoslovak soldiers have camo like this?

Because i kinda don't like this camo.It looks ugly.But i'm a fan of CSLA mod anyway.

Soldiers and equipments textures are only early-beta.

Paratroopers have bigger back-packs smile_o.gif

new_soldier_03.jpg

do the Czechoslovak soldiers have camo like this?

actualy, this is some kind of a historical MOD. there's no CSLA anymore...

any plans to have the para's in the new para camo? it looks pretty sexy IMHO smile_o.gif

What do you mean by the "new camo"?

As mentioned, CSLA Mod focuses on "Czechoslovak People's Army" (in Czech: CeskoSlovenska Lidova Armada), which (fortunately) ceased to exist in 1989 with the fall of communist regime. We narrowed the period of our interess to 1985-1989 (most advanced technologies used=most fun to mod it).

All units will wear the raindrop pattern - just as their historical counterparts.

(Before somedy starts asking why do we make an army of totalitarian regime: Because it is surely more fun than making contemporary small army, and the cold-war theme is somehow more attractive than modding our "peacekeepers".)

About the HINDs , i noticed some of your models in the upcoming patch are using the fixed side canon instead of the mobile one.

Is the AI puzzled by this as i guess that to let the AI gunner to open fire with it, the AI pilot has to face its target ?

Quote[/b] ]Is the AI puzzled by this as i guess that to let the AI gunner to open fire with it, the AI pilot has to face its target ?

I think it would be in DKMs 23mm gunpods way. I.e. rotate-face-engage.

CSLA team! Any news? biggrin_o.gif

I'l be away 5 days so i wan't to get news before i leave.

@Sanctuary: Oxide said it right smile_o.gif The AI behaves well since the twin 30-mm cannon has a different weapon definition (no rotation), AI aim in the similar way as with 57mm unguided rockets. No problems encountered.

BTW it is only Mi-24P which uses this cannon. The mod contains also Mi-24V, which uses the "steerable" turret-mount machinegun.

Good to hear that

I was a bit afraid about the AI gunner behaviour, knowing their already reluctant usage of the BIS hind mobile turret.

Quote[/b] ]Release date of Update 1 is scheduled for January 2005; we want to get rid of making the update before January 1st, but we will need some time to test it.

Does this mean January 1st or does this mean sometime in January? I'm not sure I'm following. rock.gif

I believe it means January, because they said they needed some time to test it but that they wanted to finish making it before Jan. 1st.

I am sorry if someone has asked this question before...

Did you update the AT cannon in your mod?

It has an interesting bug - enemy tanks will not fire at it,

as if they can't see it...

Progress pics?Anything?

Dead season, buddy... I have to finish some RL work, Jennik's his motherboard toasted... sad_o.gif We had to stop for a while.