Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

i dont want to spoil the fun, but the "white tiger" was for 20th anniversity of Prostejov regiment(it was painted in 1994). my guess is the poor mi-24 got normal camo again... but nice to have this rare "celebrity" in ofp

2 Nemesis6: i wouldnt call mig-29 or S-300 "old equipment". dont know how about other parts of ground forces, but PVO(Anti Aircraft Defence) was supplied by the latest technology. and the personal was highly trained. Former Czechoslovakia was mend to slow down the initial attack - not to stop it. the most important was to let NATO bleed. focusing on airforce

It's been quiet for few days and CSLA2 thread has been left behind.Again.I satarted thinking about this mod again and you promised to release it Sometime in January.Well February is only few days away or you will release it afted January like sometime in February or March?And how old are those planes,cars,tanks and stuff used in CSLA2 mod.I mean in real life.

It's been quiet for few days and CSLA2 thread has been left behind.Again.I satarted thinking about this mod again and you promised to release it Sometime in January.Well February is only few days away or you will release it afted January like sometime in February or March?And how old are those planes,cars,tanks and stuff used in CSLA2 mod.I mean in real life.

I'm sure everyone's on their toes waiting for it to be released wink_o.gif

ohh guys, i always hope for a release when csla 2 is on top, and then i have to read a question i have heard many times before.

let them sleep until they rise up again

let them sleep until they rise up again

That's the exact opposite thing of what they're suppossed to do! wink_o.gif

It will be released when it's ready, stop asking them continually, it achieves nothing and is rather annoying.

I would like to raise another poll.

There is a possibility to equip new Hinds with various loads of weapons in new Update1. Now we are deciding what combinations of armament should be present...

We have some combinations of armament, which was really used (according to pilots we talked with), but there are more attractive combinations including AA rockets...

Do you prefer purely realistic loads or some "hypothetical" loads (althought technically possible) such as. ATGMs & AA guided missiles for selfdefense...or various anti ground armament which was tested such as 122mm Katyusha like rockets... plus again AA missiles.....

i thought mi-24s didnt carry AA missiles becuase they were found to be ineffective something to do with range or something i think a friend mentioned

no, czech mi-24 werent using aa missiles because they lack the necessary electronic.

there's a way how to fire R-73(russian AA missile) from almost everything that can fly. but AFAIK this is not used on any czech helicopter.

i didnt mean czech helicopters particularly but i did know the russian tested mi-24s armed with them just that i was told that they were never used for some reasons

2Jazz:

this is mod about CSLA,but...

theres no technical problem with that. russians tested IGLAs on new versions. but mi-24 was designed for ground support. so its typical loadout was 4xUB + 2x2 ATGM.

i think theyre not using something they dont need. maybe thats the reason wink_o.gif

or did soviet/russian helicopers need to defend themselves againts enemy aircraft?

well the last version did have russian hinds didnt it smile_o.gif anyway not that it matters much mate im really not bothered to be honest just looking forward to the mod

well, maybe im wrong. im just confused because ROSTVERTOL says something different:

>>

armament:

-Igla-V, 9M39 air-to-air missile, operating under the principal "shoot and forget". Intended for hitting air targets at altitudes up to 6,000

<<

no big deal. i cant wait to try out updated units

I read some time ago that russians tested R-3 or R-60 on Mi-24( Air+Ground armament) ... but I don't know if it is true.

There are few AG versions of Mi-24 in our non-public pre-release version of Update1... but it is not problem to delete it from final release.

I vote for real layouts. i hate all the fake never used layouts some of the apache mods are doing..

some very promising stuff of our former army smile_o.gif

Is there also a CSLA Czecho/Slovak voice pack planned?

(i mean ingame reporting - enemy, directon, distance etc.)

thanx

IL-2 QUOTE:

Dostal som ho. Je v riti!

yeah, i am really waiting for your update, will be excellent stuff as usual.

ähmmm, i hate to ask that question now, but as you work on lacerta stopped and you terroists looked very impressive and almost ready, is there a chance to see those before lacerta gets released?

Now, that would be ace if they did biggrin_o.gif

It'd be nice for the Russians too, to actually speak in Russian! I think that's one of the things left pretty much alone when it comes to modding. I know FDF did some Finish voice acting for them but that's the only MOD I can think of off the top of my head that did such a thing. It'd be nice to have several packs in proper languages and accents (like for British guys some Londoners and Mancunians and the like).

Anyway. Looking forward to the update! I love the attention to detail and the quality.

We've been thinking of it for a long time, but there is a problem which could spoil all the fun for Czechs and Slovaks: Czech and Slovak languages both use conjugations and declensions, which means that particular words have to partially change in certain sentence. OFP uses wery simple way of composing reports from the sound database. This may cause some radio chat to sound really strange.

Now we are exploring the way of such simplifications in the engine and possibilities of making the voice pack. We also seek some talented individual who would be able and willing to assist in the config part of this work.

One thing you might be interested in: CSLA used a different system of assigning directions - the "clock" was not divided by hours, but cross-sectioned to 4 sectors, with sector number 2 was 90° angle directly forward (-45° to +45°).

We were scoping also on adding this feature to the mod, but now it seems this should be given up since every direction report (e.g. "FOUR O'CLOCK") seems to consist of sounds for number ("four") and the "o'clock" sign, which would be quite hard to replace with "SECTOR ONE-TWO"-like sounds. If our assumptions are wrong, please keep us informed.

Regarding the weapon layouts on Hinds, we have preliminary agreed upond removing such versions from the config. We will get some additional info during the consultation with Hind and Hip pilots which is scheduled for next week. This will hopefuly result in using the realistic air-ground setups of CSLA Hinds.