Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

but there is something that rivet my attention  in the image over the head of russian spetsnaz there is moving a vehicle i think this is a BMD-1 am I right rock.gif

We can neither confirm or deny that information. tounge_o.gif

If there is really a BMD1 (2?) coming up, I hope there will be some Russian VDV units (incl. AKS74, etc..) as well. Would be nice to have a completely new army branch as opposing forces in Finmod.

@ Feb. 25 2004,12:25)]
could you please reduce the roll rate on the mig a tad its a bit of twichy bird to fly with a joystick compared to all the other ofp planes

I think this was discussed a while back, and the author of the individual addon (Kegetys) said that he makes his stuff from how he uses it. Wich is without a joystick. But I hope that he can work something out for you.

No. No. Not this discussion again...

Most of people still play OFP with keyboard and mouse. Therefore those planes have to be configured for kbd+mouse controllers. The way Kege has configured them for kbd+mouse in earlier versions of FDFMOD is good. Same (or atleast very similar) method will be used in future releases too. Good point and suggestion anyway, thanks.

I really hope that everyone would be happy with current settings.

Just to stick my oar in; I use a joystick to fly (usually, although I use a mouse sometimes) and don't have any problems with the FDF planes ; they are twitchy but after a little practice you can fly them fine.

I like it how it is

biggrin_o.gif

Pic

Finnish Police 23.2.2004

Finnish police used Saab 900i during 80s and early 90s. Policemen usually carry just Glock pistol as their armament, unless in difficult situation where they need extra stopping power like shotgun, sniper rifle or submachinegun. Handcuffs, flashing lights and siren included.[/i]

Gotta love the saab 900. tounge_o.gif

I've one question (ok, at least there are more than 1  wink_o.gif ) concerning to this alsome looking Police-Units:

-Will there be Civilian-Police-Units? Or "just" on the Resistance/Finnish side? Perhaps some russian policemen?

-How will the siren work? As a horn (only the driver will hear it) or will everyone be able to hear the siren?

-Handcuffs? COOL! But how will they work? New animations?

Mfg MEDICUS

BTW: The Hind looks really great! Very nice textures!

-Will there be Civilian-Police-Units? Or "just" on the Resistance/Finnish side? Perhaps some russian policemen?

Theres a new section at resistance called "Finnish civilians"

Quote[/b] ]

-How will the siren work? As a horn (only the driver will hear it) or will everyone be able to hear the siren?

Theres a "Siren on"-action on the action menu so I assume it does work. ;)

Quote[/b] ]

-Handcuffs? COOL! But how will they work? New animations?

If handcuff action is activated the person being handcuffed does an handcuff animation. Does not work on other human players. sad_o.gif

but there is something that rivet my attention  in the image over the head of russian spetsnaz there is moving a vehicle i think this is a BMD-1 am I right rock.gif

We can neither confirm or deny that information. tounge_o.gif

I'm an international ofp spy tounge_o.gif must know its my mission to uncover the secrets biggrin_o.gif

Theres a new section at resistance called "Finnish civilians"

Very nice!  smile_o.gif

Really looking forward to it!

Quote[/b] ]If handcuff action is activated the person being handcuffed does an handcuff animation. Does not work on other human players.

I think that's no problem. Will be very nice for SP-Missions or Intros  tounge_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

I've got a question about Molotovs... They're one of my favorite weapons. Only I've a bone to pick with 'em.

Why doesn't the ai throw them at vehicles?

I can never seem to get them to.

It's not right that they shouldn't. I've seen videos of riots where molotovs were tossed at APC type things and police paddy-wagons.

Is there any way to change it so they can be? I mean on my end? I tried making it inherit the handgrenade class... still didn't work. So that's about my lot. I don't know what else to do.

The problem is that AI doesnt attack vehicles with handgrenades, which is what the molotov is.

Mhh my wheels have been flattened by AI hand- and riflegrenades quite a lot. At least soft targets they indeed do engage.

Well. I've tried arming a person with hand grenades and they seem to go right at a brdm with a hand grenade...

Only with a molotov they don't seem to.

Weird. sad_o.gif

Now that I tried it myself, they do attack light vehicles with handgrenades, including the Molotov.

The problem is that AI doesnt attack vehicles with handgrenades, which is what the molotov is.

The AI is attacking the Pasi with hand grenades (and in Original OFP they throw hand grenades at the M113, not sure about BMP, though).

I think it's all about the dammage the weapon will make. Let's take the Hind for example. Nobody will fire at it, unless your Machine Gun is strong enough. I've made tests where it needed hitDammage > 30 for AI engaging the Hind.

The molotovs are probably scripted with the Fired-EventHandler. So basically you can make a bigger hitDammage, remove the Molotov object after throwing it, and replacing it with one that has smaller hitDammage.

Thus the AI should attack even heavier armoured targets.

Just to stick my oar in; I use a joystick to fly (usually, although I use a mouse sometimes) and don't have any problems with the FDF planes ; they are twitchy but after a little practice you can fly them fine.

I like it how it is

biggrin_o.gif

I wonder if that includes the Mig21 (using 1.96).

Attaking ground targets using a joystik is impossible. (if you really can do this I am imressed)

The other planes handle better but still worse than the original OFP planes.

I had to give up to fly them but they are verry decorative on the ground!

I just showed FDF to a bunch of friends who are more casual OFP players. They all want to download it and play it on a lan.

I was going to ask about this since as far as the sounds bit goes. This mod has a stark resemblance in terms of it's composition to the dynamic range sound pack. That unfortunately caused a lot of multiplayer issues on listen servers at least. Such as gradually degrading the hosts FPS to practically nothing.

Does FDF mod suffer the same problem? It'd be a pity if it did. I'm itching to try some co-op with this mod now that I've gotten some people interested.

Quote[/b] ]The other planes handle better but still worse than the original OFP planes.

They might be very hard to use against ground targets, but their maneuverability makes them lethal against the lumbering BIS planes biggrin_o.gif .

I've got another question, Sorry about my recent barrage of them. Found another favorite feature just today. Attaching satchels to vehicles. This has so much potential, however I noticed you can't attach them to a BRDM. I'm assuming because it's not present in: the FDF vehicle satchel array.

I'd like to add it so that I can now blow up BRDMs, as it's kind of an integral part of a mission I'm making. However I can't find where the array is located.

Still. That gets me thinking...

Suicide motorcycles. If you can't already stick it to them. I'll end up doing that too.

Does FDF mod suffer the same problem? It'd be a pity if it did. I'm itching to try some co-op with this mod now that I've gotten some people interested.

I have played countless hours of FDF on 4 different servers both on socket and directplay, windows and linux and nothing like that so far. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Attaking ground targets using a joystik is impossible. (if you really can do this I am imressed)

Start using the mouse, 6 CAS kills last night in mp with my MiG-21bis. ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]The other planes handle better but still worse than the original OFP planes.

They might be very hard to use against ground targets, but their maneuverability makes them lethal against the lumbering BIS planes biggrin_o.gif .

I love the FDF mod for it´s realism. A unrealistic improved turnrate for the FDF planes is a step in the oposite direction.

Quote[/b] ]Start using the mouse, 6 CAS kills last night in mp with my MiG-21bis.

The jojstick support was/is a (realistic) feature of OFP. I do not like the idea of taking that feature away.

i just downloaded the uniffociall finnish map, Emäsalo....

i can say this.... HALLELUJA!!!!!!!!

FDF togehter with SFP and Emäsalo island, it cant be better then this.... hope you release it with FDF 1.3 smile_o.gif

it´s by far the most realistic island ever...

and for you who dont have it yet... heres a Link!

now, enjoy

i just downloaded the uniffociall finnish map, Emäsalo....

i can say this.... HALLELUJA!!!!!!!!

FDF togehter with SFP and Emäsalo island, it cant be better then this.... hope you release it with FDF 1.3 smile_o.gif

it´s by far the most realistic island ever...

and for you who dont have it yet... heres a Link!

now, enjoy

Yes, that island is very good! It reminds me of Swedish forests and gives me the "same" feel.

Now, to be a complete pain in the bum. Where else but the mod package itself can I find the readme? I recently did an OFP reinstall and deleted my special readme directory in wich I keep all addon readmes for reference. So is there any way someone could put the 1.2 readme up for download/web-viewing? Would appriciate it very much smile_o.gif

ive got all winter maps i can get and the fdf troops go so well on them  smile_o.gif

Now, to be a complete pain in the bum. Where else but the mod package itself can I find the readme? I recently did an OFP reinstall and deleted my special readme directory in wich I keep all addon readmes for reference. So is there any way someone could put the 1.2 readme up for download/web-viewing? Would appriciate it very much smile_o.gif

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fdfmod/readme/

Yeah, needs link at site... *stick another Post-It note to monitor* wink_o.gif

@ Mar. 13 2004,21:17)]

http://koti.mbnet.fi/fdfmod/readme/

Yeah, needs link at site... *stick another Post-It note to monitor*  wink_o.gif

Thank you, I should have been able to find that myself again thank you.