Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Finnish defence forces mod 1.2

The ground sliding is an OFP feature, though in current development version of FDFmod I fixed it with a simple antisliding script so its quite easy to "drive" on ground with all the planes now.

Yes, I know that the ground sliding is BIS 'fault', I think it has to do with the wheel-coefficient, the Geo-LOD and the distance between the land contact points. It's just annoying that the MiG-21 slides even at slow speeds, looking forward to the next version.

Quote[/b] ]

The AI flying was broken by the newest OFP beta patch, nothing I can do about that.

That's OK, it happens on a lot of islands to me, that planes turn right after take off and crash into nearby hills. For my F-117 it happened on Gaia-island.

Quote[/b] ]

When you are in the stick, you must watch the speed all the time when turning (don't do too tight turns), if you let it drop too low then you are sure to fall down. Use the afterburner if necessary to keep the speed high at all times, make sure it wont drop much below 500 when turning and you should be fine...

I guess that the MiG-21 isn't easy to fly in real life, too. It has really short wings, so I guess that it drops at low speeds and at turning, so I imagine this is just a feature  tounge_o.gif

But I too have to say something about the MiG-21. It's OK, if Kegetys configures it as he plays it, but for me the MiGs are sliding when turning on ground; they barely can get on the runway, but they start, at least.

The ground sliding is an OFP feature, though in current development version of FDFmod I fixed it with a simple antisliding script so its quite easy to "drive" on ground with all the planes now.

Keg would it be possible to do something similar for tanks? I would love to have a bmp which doens't start to roll down a hill at 150km/h or have it slide as much as it does right now. Perhaps it is impossible to get a more realistic experience without direct changes to the game-physics but if a script would be able to improve it, I would love to have something like this.

And I want to thank you for the campaign, I enjoyed the peacekeeping campaign more than every other user made campaign. Human voices are just way better than just TitleText  smile_o.gif

But there was some kind of bug in the last mission (the sniper one). I shot at Tosev (he was the left one I think) and I missed. I shot once more and killed him (as the entry team was ordered to go into the building) BUT the building exploded though! I saw how the entry team went into the destroyed building and then a communist rebel came healthy out of it  wink_o.gif

I hope you mean last mission you played, the campaign certainly doesn´t end on that sniper-mission. Be sure to grab the campaign fix from mod´s pages if you haven´t already done so.

I hope you mean last mission you played, the campaign certainly doesn´t end on that sniper-mission. Be sure to grab the campaign fix from mod´s pages if you haven´t already done so.

I think that I installed the fixed campaign... I tried the sniper mission again and I read all what happened after Tosev's death a.s.o. and that finish and american troops left Nogova... So is this the wrong version I installed?

I think that I installed the fixed campaign... I tried the sniper mission again and I read all what happened after Tosev's death a.s.o. and that finish and american troops left Nogova... So is this the wrong version I installed?

Eh? rock.gif

Theres an intro telling what happened after the nogova peacekeeping mission but after that there should be plenty of east border missions.

It's not last mission of campaign.

There is only one fixed version of campaign available at FDFMOD site. Make sure you have that one installed.

Edit: Eizei was faster.. tounge_o.gif

wow awesome mod !!

beats everything ofp ive seen so far, campaign is great voiceacting cutscenes..very impressing it is hard to tell if cwc is better or this one

although i had to do some endmission here and there when ai seemed to be stuck, but not really a problem

again, this mod rocks, must have for any ofp player definately

makes ofp looking even more like a timeless classic game

great stuff here fdf team!!

Anybody feel like helping me out? (question of page 19) rock.gif

I had problems with the graphics (everything was made of crazy assed multicoloured lines) but managed to sort of fix it two days ago. The problem was something to do with the fonts.pbo, when deleted it all went back to normal but now the menu's just a white block. I can still use it with some good guess work but is there a way I can fix this without restoring the fonts.pbo and screwing up the graphics again?(replacing it with the BIS one didnt work) rock.gif

yes.. what gfx card do you got ?

possible that the download was screwed with a bad fonts pbo ?

did this prob occur only on fdf mod or in general ofp?

did you try some different d3d settings like mipmap?

multicoloured lines sound like a major prob in graphics driver and or ofp/fdf files..?

if you want you can try my fonts.pbo to be sure, its from finmod/dta/fonts.pbo and it works for me

download here: http://www.chickensclub.de/mic_stuff/fonts.pbo

Since FDFmod has replaced the textures for the AK-74 and AK-47, I feel it would be wise to also replace them where they are needed most, namely the BIS "AK-74SU". Correct me if I'm wrong, but IRL there is no version of the AKS-74U that is colored silver (terrible camouflage btw), only the old Spetznaz version of the AK-47. Look at any picture of Russian OMON, MVD, GRU, tankers, they all use the "black&wood" AKS-74U.

I think it would make a lot of sense to replace the texture, since I very often see the AKS-74U in FDF missions. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Link

AKS-74U

aks74u.jpg

Yes Gollum1, this metallic AK47 which OFP tries to sell as AKS74U really needs an overhaul. Perhaps it would also be nice to have several versions of the weapon. The default one would be used to replace the BIS weapon and thus would be a very common sight with crew and standard speznaz soldiers. Another version could be silenced and given to a new speznaz class and yet another one could have a underslung grenadelauncher and also be used for a special speznaz soldier. Furthermore a non-silenced Bison would be sweet :-). Oh and an AKS74 (for missions against paratroopers) and a RPK74 (with dark skin like AKM74) would be very welcome as well. This would give some variety when playing FDF as or against the Russians.

Maybe overkill still it would be nice  tounge_o.gif

It's a great pleasure to announce that an excellent FDF Mod related mission site with rating systems and mission submission options has been opened - The FDF Mod Mission Repository!

FDF Mod Mission Repository

fdfmod_missions.jpg

The site offers missions in wide categories and in different languages. So pay a visit if you want the latest missions for FDF Mod. Special thanks to Dr.Origo, Jusas and our host for their tireless efforts to make this site come true.

The site offers missions in wide categories and in different languages. So pay a visit if you want the latest missions for FDF Mod. Special thanks to Dr.Origo, Jusas and our host for their tireless efforts to make this site come true.

Yes ... this is just an exzellent site for FDF-Missions. You'll find a lot of coop-missions there (and CTF,C&H,A&D...)

THX Dr.Origo, Jusas and the rest of the Host-Team!

Mfg MEDICUS

Yeah this is great. Nice sig Architekt!

Thanks.

I'm glad I got the rest of that campaign, I was soo pissed off

being shot off that bike,so I stole a UAZ and still got shot off that bike.

Quote[/b] ]The ground sliding is an OFP feature, though in current development version of FDFmod I fixed it with a simple antisliding script so its quite easy to "drive" on ground with all the planes now.

Where is this feature located? Does it cause the slightest bit of performance drain and if so where can I disable it?

I personally don't care about sliding at all. Not if it comes to asking me whether I want a few frames per second knocked off my game.

Where is this feature located? Does it cause the slightest bit of performance drain and if so where can I disable it?

At least I did not notice any performance decrease, how many planes do you plan to taxi at a single time anyways? tounge_o.gif

For planes only it'd be just fine. If it were also for other vehicles that tend to "creep" on inclines, etc. I could see that perhaps causing a teensy bit of slowdown if you have a lot of vehicles moving around...

I only caught that snip and since this thread is getting quite large. I didn't take the liberty to read it in it's entirety.

Mi-24 Hind 5.3.2004

Just behind frontlines, a Mi-24 Hind hovers while Spetsnatz troop supported by APC prepare to transport two Finnish soldiers taken as prisoners after roadside ambush. The soldiers were conducting a recon mission near the border and got lost after navigation error.

hind1.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The ground sliding is an OFP feature, though in current development version of FDFmod I fixed it with a simple antisliding script so its quite easy to "drive" on ground with all the planes now.

Its currently executed from the plane's init event, and the amount it affects performance should be extremely small as it doesnt do much, unless you happen to play a mission where there are thousands of planes on the ground at the same time :P And no it can't be disabled.

As Iggy Pop once said - LoooOOOOOORD!

She's a beaut. Will she have some specular highlighting on the canopy bubbles? That's one thing the BIS Hind could use IMO.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

yee good work on the Hind but it still needs work i see biggrin_o.gif

but there is something that rivet my attention in the image over the head of russian spetsnaz there is moving a vehicle i think this is a BMD-1 am I right rock.gif

Good observation, I do think that is a new vehicle.

The Mi-24 looks good, will it replace the BIS textures, like your AK-74s and AK-47s do?

The Mi-24 looks good, will it replace the BIS textures, like your AK-74s and AK-47s do?

Yes it does.