Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Yeah haha, ppl who do a little research and think things through or have some defence knowledge are sooooooooooooo pathetic  mad_o.gif

If Supah didnt want to hear opinions he wouldnt have posted the topic.

Put the handbags away girls smile_o.gif

As for the Nogovan airforce, I think it depends on what you think of as Nogova: just Nogova, or the original islands too?

If it is just Nogova, I don't think more than a squadron of old planes (F5s?Alpha Jets?) is justifyable. If you include the other islands, two squadrons of F4s are the most they could afford. The islands are too small to have anything remotely related to a proper sized air force.

Indeed, lets keep the discussions in the realm of common courtesy smile_o.gif

1. I am going on the idea of nogova + the original islands.

2. The assualt rifle issue has been settled, its going to be the G3 (one is in the making)

3. I am going to try and make things to have a nice spread of planes from east and west. Just dont expect any F-22's or anything modern.

4. The nogovan army will have both west and east influences.

PS. If you are good at anything related to mod making outside of beta testing as we have enough of them allready feel free to drop me a line smile_o.gif it is much appreciated!

Good choice of rifle a lot of NATO countries are still disposing of these and it would suggest that the US is not the sole or possibly even main benefactor, which creates a lot of room to manouvre.

Good choice of rifle a lot of NATO countries are still disposing of these and it would suggest that the US is not the sole or possibly even main benefactor, which creates a lot of room to manouvre.

Thanks, that was our main reason for choosing it. Reservists may get a different rifle perhaps but not certain. Also we have gotten permission to use Sebs UH-1 H smile_o.gif

Good decision supah to make westerna dn eastern stuff.

Now us mission makers can focus on our own stroylines instead of being constricted to one poor nogova we can make it a uber rich country rivalling United states in wealth or as poor as tonalese folks tounge_o.gif

So are we getting a Huey in Nogovan colours too? Too kind!

You shall be getting even more then that wink_o.gif Just wait and see smile_o.gif

I'm still pretty pleased about the G3 situation. It's got to be one of my favourite rifles.

cool a huey

if only there was a wessex it would look so nice sad_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Tales of war is working on a CH-34 choktaw. That was derived from the wessex i believe. When it is released we will also be using it smile_o.gif

awsome work - great ideas Supah...keep it up brotha

i just wanted to know if you were gonna make all these units under West, or Resistance...? rock.gif

Interesting discussion.

I think that equipment of Nogova's forces before russian invasion was eastern block (closely connected to Czechoslovakia) and it was used against invanders. On top of that, some russian equipment has been captured. maybe some relatively modern eqipment has been shipped to Nogova during and shortly after fights. That is scenario, I think.

Main handweapon:

SA-58 attack rifle - from original stocks

AK-74 captured eqipment

G3 attack rifle from shipment of "international arm aid" smile_o.gif

some western hand AA and ATGM form shipment

Concerning armored forces:

MBT should be:

11 x T-55 (one tank company)

11 x T-72M (one elite tank company)

3 x captured russian T-80

APC mainly czechoslovak made:

~16 x OT-64 SKOT (8x8 wheeled)

~16 x OT-62 TOPAS (tracked)

~8 x OT-65 (4x4 wheeled)

~12 x BVP-1, BVP-2

AA:

8 x MTLB 23-2

1-2 captured ZSU-23-4

Air:

8 x MiG-21

6 x SU-25

4 x L-410 planes for transport + paradrop + recco

4 x DC-3 planes - cargo

6 x cessna planes

4 x Mi24

4 x Mi8/17 military (+cca 4 x Mi8 civilian - could be used for military purposes if needed)

Support forces:

mixture V3S, Ural and Tatra trucks

Unit with some towed guns (100mm BS-3rock.gif) - 4-6 batteries

Gaz-69 - commanders vehicle

Infantry:

2 batalions, 3 companies in each (1 x regular, 2 x reserve) - cammo pattern close to Edge's resistance fighters

BTW. Mi8 in civilian Nogova airlines will be relesed with CSLA mod.

BTW2. Don't forget that all signs and words on buildings etc. are in czech language....

I would also think that there would be homemade flare launchers on the aircraft made of fireworks maybe? :P

supa how about a token tu-22m smile_o.gif and before anyone says nobodies modeled one yet guess whos will to do it for you tounge_o.gif

supa mate if you need a hand just grab me on msn mate wink_o.gif

yeah wessex well sortof but hey biggrin_o.gif

i love that helicopter not so fun to fly in though smile_o.gif IRL

supa how about a token tu-22m  smile_o.gif  and before anyone says nobodies modeled one yet guess whos will to do it for you tounge_o.gif

supa mate if you need a hand just grab me on msn mate  wink_o.gif

We have already done a Tu-22B model for our mod

smile_o.gif

supa how about a token tu-22m  smile_o.gif  and before anyone says nobodies modeled one yet guess whos will to do it for you tounge_o.gif

supa mate if you need a hand just grab me on msn mate  wink_o.gif

We have already done a Tu-22B model for our mod

smile_o.gif

Tu-22M and Tu-22B are radically different aircraft. I suggest you google the first smile_o.gif

2. The assualt rifle issue has been settled, its going to be the G3 (one is in the making)

Yes it is, I'm almost done with it. tounge_o.gif

As was suggested in the Nogovan Army thread:

Could the NDF and it's equipment be added to the "west" side, since this offers a mumber of civil war and peacekeeping type missions and scenarios?

That way it's possible to use already existing resistance + Ivan's MAL addons (Malden Army of Liberation, backed by the commies and placed on the side of the east).

Hello people,

First of all thanks for your continued interest in this mod. No matter what side we put it on mission makers will be able to change that by grouping them under a different side officer and making his chance of appearance 0. This is what i am told by my mission editors. We have chosen resistance side for obvious reasons up till now smile_o.gif

TU-22 is definately not suited to a small nation like Nogova.

Best bet IMHO would be:

AD/CAS/Recce: MIG-21 Fishbed

Train/COIN: Yak-52, L-29 Delfin

Transport: fixed wing: AN-12 Cub   (*SIGH* If only SOMEONE would make the AN-12 sad_o.gif ) or L-419.

rotary wing: Mi-8 Hip, Mi-2 Hoplite, perhaps one or two MI-26s Halos

ASuW/ASW/SAR: Helix or Hormone

Attack/CAS: fixed wing: MIG-27 or MIG-21

rotary wing: Mi-24 Hind, Mi-8 Hip

Keep in mind that countries like Ethiopia (SU-27s), Eritrea (MIG-29s), FYROM (MI-24s), poor and small, operate some pretty (relatively) advanced aircraft, therefore I think I can safely say that Nogova would have a respectable air force judging from its political links and history  smile_o.gif