Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

BAE  AV-8B HARRIER

Too expensive + not sold to many countries

Quote[/b] ]YAK-144

Never made it into duty in any significant numbers.

Also remember that we are a small team. Making loads of planes from scratch is not really an option now.

BAE  AV-8B HARRIER

Too expensive + not sold to many countries

Quote[/b] ]YAK-144

Never made it into duty in any significant numbers.

Also remember that we are a small team. Making loads of planes from scratch is not really an option now.

OK so forgott abaout YAK-144 and just use our imagination and Nogova is a very rich country and all of their air fleet are AV-8B. wink_o.gif

btw:FLK mod maked an harrier so you don't have to make it from scratch.

FLK mod maked an harrier so you don't have to make it from scratch.

Well i am looking into it but i cant make you any promisses.

A harrier for "Nogova Airfoce"?

So can we have an aircraft carrier in the resistance camo paint please!

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Damn those planes look mighty fine biggrin_o.gif looks great but what about a Nogovan Pilot for the planes rock.gif

But they look great with out one so biggrin_o.gif great job

And chance of the FDF BAe Hawk getting the Supah treatment? They're popular as trainers and air defence/light strike aircraft with poorer nations, and they look soooo cute wink_o.gif

And chance of the FDF BAe Hawk getting the Supah treatment? They're popular as trainers and air defence/light strike aircraft with poorer nations, and they look soooo cute  wink_o.gif

Yes, I think the Hawk should be a very important plane in the Nogovan Air Force, after all it's the only trainer there is (to my knowledge anyways). They might even be the most important. They could be used as the exclusive combat plane, but then we'd not get to play with Supah's beautiful MiG. And I think that his suggestion for the airforce is the best so far. Lots of old soviet planes, rusting, decaying, decrepit, but the only planes they have in large numbers, because they only have a few of the newer western types.

Here's an idea that just popped into my head. The West would like to prevent Nogova falling under the Soviet spell, so they would likely work in close co-operation with the Nogovans (which would also allow them to have more planes than they could afford to buy), so they would send troops and equipment there, to train and work with the army\air force. So there could be a flight of A-10s, or F-16s, or whatever there. Obviously, it needs to be kept realistc (the US isn't going to send over B-52s or F-117s), but this would add something to th air force, but not over-balancing it. Whatcha think?

And chance of the FDF BAe Hawk getting the Supah treatment? They're popular as trainers and air defence/light strike aircraft with poorer nations, and they look soooo cute  wink_o.gif

Yes, I think the Hawk should be a very important plane in the Nogovan Air Force, after all it's the only trainer there is (to my knowledge anyways). They might even be the most important. They could be used as the exclusive combat plane, but then we'd not get to play with Supah's beautiful MiG. And I think that his suggestion for the airforce is the best so far. Lots of old soviet planes, rusting, decaying, decrepit, but the only planes they have in large numbers, because they only have a few of the newer western types.

Here's an idea that just popped into my head. The West would like to prevent Nogova falling under the Soviet spell, so they would likely work in close co-operation with the Nogovans (which would also allow them to have more planes than they could afford to buy), so they would send troops and equipment there, to train and work with the army\air force. So there could be a flight of A-10s, or F-16s, or whatever there. Obviously, it needs to be kept realistc (the US isn't going to send over B-52s or F-117s), but this would add something to th air force, but not over-balancing it. Whatcha think?

ATM i am working on the MiG-23 and on the Mirage III i have gotten permission from Falklands mod to use smile_o.gif

ATM i am working on the MiG-23 and on the Mirage III i have gotten permission from Falklands mod to use smile_o.gif

Mind if I suggest that the Hawk would be the next one when you're done? No pressure, it's just a suggestion, after all it is your mod, but I'd love to see it in your camo, and it would be realistic as a trainer.

I was just wondering, why not think this as a whole group of islands instead of the one? For all we know, Kulgojev, Everon, and Malden are also part of a Nogovan government. While an armed force would be small on Nogova alone, all three islands together with a single armed force would probobly make more sense. In that case, the air force size wouldn't have to be so constricting nor the plane selection, since a single plane would have to probobly patrol or fly to all three islands.

That is, if you already talked about this and I missed it due to my laziness.

Is it just me who prefers to use these older, less advanced aircraft? Stuff like the FDF Hawk and MiG are just right for OFP, quick and manouverable, and with just enough bite to make fighting in them as fun as flying them. Stuff like Hudon's F/A-18 and the G8 mod Tornados are all well made and solid addons, but they're just too fast for OFP... if you overshoot your target and decide to swing back around, you can do a lap of the island, the turning circles are that big! No, give me a Hawk loaded up with rockets and 250-pounders any day... they're that easy to fly, you can take close air support to its logical conclusion, flying at about 15m over the enemy, pumping Aden cannon rounds into their armour and letting rip with rockets biggrin_o.gif

Is it just me who prefers to use these older, less advanced aircraft? Stuff like the FDF Hawk and MiG are just right for OFP, quick and manouverable, and with just enough bite to make fighting in them as fun as flying them. Stuff like Hudon's F/A-18 and the G8 mod Tornados are all well made and solid addons, but they're just too fast for OFP... if you overshoot your target and decide to swing back around, you can do a lap of the island, the turning circles are that big! No, give me a Hawk loaded up with rockets and 250-pounders any day... they're that easy to fly, you can take close air support to its logical conclusion, flying at about 15m over the enemy, pumping Aden cannon rounds into their armour and letting rip with rockets  biggrin_o.gif

Agreed 100% smile_o.gif

Hey Supah if you need someone to make a demo mission for these give me a buzz wink_o.gif

Well ATM its not going anywhere because all of the textures in my ofp have gone blurry and i have no idea whats causing it mad_o.gif Anyone who has a solution is welcome to tell me sad_o.gif

Time to check up on the Graphic card driver settings , did you restart OFP and check again? Sometimes ofp does that if the settings are too maxed out for it. Change resolutions to double check ingame and tinker the AA settings or LOD settings a bit.

Time to check up on the Graphic card driver settings , did you restart OFP and check again? Sometimes ofp does that if the settings are too maxed out for it. Change resolutions to double check ingame and tinker the AA settings or LOD settings a bit.

Did that numerous times now. Going to reinstall OFP tomorrow completly i guess.

Another vote for the Hawk here.

That's one of the more fun jets to fly around in and it doesnt seem out of wack to include it at all. smile_o.gif

Well ATM its not going anywhere because all of the textures in my ofp have gone blurry and i have no idea whats causing it  mad_o.gif Anyone who has a solution is welcome to tell me sad_o.gif

This happened to me too, turn off Multitexturing in the Video Preferences. If that doesn't work, turn off the W Buffer too.

Well i copied an old flashpoint.cfg back that i had in my O2 folder, that fixed it for me biggrin_o.gif

News:

flogger23.jpg

Textures almost done smile_o.gif

If I was a girl I'd ask if I could have your babies. But I'm not, so it's a lucky escape for all concerned I guess biggrin_o.gif

If I was a girl I'd ask if I could have your babies. But I'm not, so it's a lucky escape for all concerned I guess  biggrin_o.gif

I'm not a girl and I think I might tounge_o.gif That is one nice skin! Good work so far, supah, keep it up. This is one mod I am seriously looking forward to, especially if something for the army comes out as well.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Kooky @ Dec. 30 2003,18:03)

If I was a girl I'd ask if I could have your babies. But I'm not, so it's a lucky escape for all concerned I guess

I'm not a girl and I think I might That is one nice skin! Good work so far, supah, keep it up. This is one mod I am seriously looking forward to, especially if something for the army comes out as well.

well its very nice but not to that extreme

I have a feeling that nothing's going to come out for the Nogovan Army for a while. They're having a bit debate in the Nogovan Army thread about logistics and the GNP of Nogova, with and without the assumption that it has offshore oilrigs  rock.gif  Just slap some green, khaki and brown on some soldier models, for god's sake!

I have a feeling that nothing's going to come out for the Nogovan Army for a while. They're having a bit debate in the Nogovan Army thread about logistics and the GNP of Nogova, with and without the assumption that it has offshore oilrigs  rock.gif  Just slap some green, khaki and brown on some soldier models, for god's sake!

I allready have permission from RHS to use their T-55's and i am going to make a army mod along these lines (as suggested by hellfish who is also our ground forces consultant)

Quote[/b] ]Army of the Republic of Nogova:

Active Duty (Permanant Force with Conscripts)

1st Battalion, Nogovan Light Infantry

A Company: Airborne Infantry, based on Malden, 110 men

B Company: Light Infantry, based on Everon, 110 men

C Company: Light Infantry, based on Nogova, 110 men

D Company: Heavy weapons (one platoon attached to each A, B and C Companies), 74 men

HHC Company: Support (HQ, recon, supply), based on Nogova, 56 men

C Squadron, Nogova Light Horse based on Nogova

1st Troop (Platoon): 4 T-55A, 16 men

2nd Troop: 4 T-55A, 16 men

3rd Troop: Mech Infantry platoon (MT-LB), 46 men

HQ Troop: 3 T-55A, 1 ZSU (or MT-LB with ZU-23), 2 MT-LB, 26 men

F Battery, Nogovan Light Artillery, based on Nogova

6 M-101 or D-30 guns plus PV3S trucks, 50 men

"Troska" Troop, Nogovan Special Air Service

24 men

Military Police Platoon, one squad on each island. 44 men.

1 Field Company, Nogova Engineer Regiment

85 men, one platoon on each island.

General HQ, based on Nogova, 40 men incl. General Officer Commanding Nogovan Army (GOCNA)

2 Service Battalion

A Company: Personnel Services (pay, legal, admin, etc.) 20 men

B Company: Medical Services (provides medical support to all Nogovan forces, supervises medic training) 59 men, 4 doctors

C Company: Training Support (incl. drill sergeants, runs military academy and creates and implements Army doctrine), 47 men

D Company: Maintenance (maintains vehicles, motorpools, facilities and weapon systems) 92 men

E Company: Logistics Support (stocks warehouses and supplies units, provides transportation, etc.) 113 men

Reserve Forces Require 2 weeks' service per year. Six years' service mandatory after conscription.

Everon Defense Battalion

approx 200 reservists, 3 T-55s, 7 MT-LBs

Malden Defense Battalion

approx 250 reservists, 5 T-55s, 10 MT-LBs

Nogova Defense Battalion

approx 400 reservists, 10 T-55s, 20 MT-LBs and BTR-60s

I allready have permission from RHS to use their T-55's and i am going to make a army mod along these lines (as suggested by hellfish who is also our ground forces consultant)

Quote[/b] ]Army of the Republic of Nogova:

Active Duty (Permanant Force with Conscripts)

1st Battalion, Nogovan Light Infantry

A Company: Airborne Infantry, based on Malden, 110 men

B Company: Light Infantry, based on Everon, 110 men

C Company: Light Infantry, based on Nogova, 110 men

D Company: Heavy weapons (one platoon attached to each A, B and C Companies), 74 men

HHC Company: Support (HQ, recon, supply), based on Nogova, 56 men

C Squadron, Nogova Light Horse based on Nogova

1st Troop (Platoon): 4 T-55A, 16 men

2nd Troop: 4 T-55A, 16 men

3rd Troop: Mech Infantry platoon (MT-LB), 46 men

HQ Troop: 3 T-55A, 1 ZSU (or MT-LB with ZU-23), 2 MT-LB, 26 men

F Battery, Nogovan Light Artillery, based on Nogova

6 M-101 or D-30 guns plus PV3S trucks, 50 men

"Troska" Troop, Nogovan Special Air Service

24 men

Military Police Platoon, one squad on each island. 44 men.

1 Field Company, Nogova Engineer Regiment

85 men, one platoon on each island.

General HQ, based on Nogova, 40 men incl. General Officer Commanding Nogovan Army (GOCNA)

2 Service Battalion

A Company: Personnel Services (pay, legal, admin, etc.) 20 men

B Company: Medical Services (provides medical support to all Nogovan forces, supervises medic training) 59 men, 4 doctors

C Company: Training Support (incl. drill sergeants, runs military academy and creates and implements Army doctrine), 47 men

D Company: Maintenance (maintains vehicles, motorpools, facilities and weapon systems) 92 men

E Company: Logistics Support (stocks warehouses and supplies units, provides transportation, etc.) 113 men

Reserve Forces Require 2 weeks' service per year. Six years' service mandatory after conscription.

Everon Defense Battalion

approx 200 reservists, 3 T-55s, 7 MT-LBs

Malden Defense Battalion

approx 250 reservists, 5 T-55s, 10 MT-LBs

Nogova Defense Battalion

approx 400 reservists, 10 T-55s, 20 MT-LBs and BTR-60s

any plans for basic soldier models yet?

i made one a few months ago - but it was wayyyy to modern - it was based on German Flecktarn(sp?) troops from LB's HK pack - with the german flags removed. I thought the camo on those soldiers looked really similar to some of the old FIA guys, so i just added some nice AK74s to them. But they Looked TOO modern for such a small country. but they looked SO cool