Sign in to follow this  
svendejong

Real world

23 living in Sydney Australia. Have a Law/Commerce degree and am a CA (Chartered Accountant - please dont hold that against me).

Currently working in corporate finance in funds management and doing my securities institute qualification (no idea why though...)

I'm an avid hunter although it is hard to own good rifles in oz

sad_o.gif

in putte in belgium

only in belgium you see that kind of town ames ........

another source of belgian jokes for us french  tounge_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Not quite, they're here in the Netherlands too. I'm sure there's some really small village called Putte or Putten here somewhere smile_o.gif

in putte in belgium

wink_o.gif

Not quite, they're here in the Netherlands too. I'm sure there's some really small village called Putte or Putten here somewhere   smile_o.gif

belgian jokes are a national sport here , and since some of them speak french ...... it's even funnier tounge_o.gif

in putte in belgium

wink_o.gif

Not quite, they're here in the Netherlands too. I'm sure there's some really small village called Putte or Putten here somewhere   smile_o.gif

belgian jokes are a national sport here , and since some of them speak french ...... it's even funnier tounge_o.gif

Same here, but then it's of the dutch speaking belgians offcourse biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

I'm 21 years old -- after finishing high school I spent 9 months in the army, where I also studied for entrance exams to the university. When I got home I started studying English philology at the university, and have been doing so for 1.5 years now. I also take courses in Russian and East European Studies but that's more like a hobby for me. Someday I'll hopefully get my MA degree.

Apart from studying, I like to take part in different student activities, such as drinking, drinking and drinking a little bit more. Of course, this is ok only as long as my studies progress as planned ;)

being in love whit the most beauteful girl in the world(but to shy to tell her

cool, can you introduce me to her?

sory no i want her for my self  smile_o.gif

but take a look around you might find your own wink_o.gif

STGN

Put = hole

So well... the surrounding towns are on hills,so it kind of makes sense...no?   (een gat tounge_o.gif)

And yeah,the jokes go around both ways ran and Postduifje smile_o.gif

(though the french speaking ones are even a subject for jokes here)

Oh,for the record,the lovely town of putte is in the dutch speaking part  biggrin_o.gif

being in love whit the most beauteful girl in the world(but to shy to tell her)

Trust me, and do something before it's too late.

being in love whit the most beauteful girl in the world(but to shy to tell her)

Trust me, and do something before it's too late.

*Resistance track 8 plays

Ditto sad_o.gif

20 y/o, British mother, Italian father, born in Brussels, studying BSc Multi-Media and Internet Technology (first year modules are: Web Page Design, Project Management, IT, Business Systems, Multi Media Programming and MIDI and Audio Technology) at Salford University. This is actually my second year at Salford Uni, but I quit the degree I was doing last year ( BA Contemporary Military and International History) for the simple reason I messed up the year, playing OFP  smile_o.gif

Was in MASUAS (Manchester and Salford Universities Air Squadron, RAFVR) but got the chop, but I did manage to get 7 hours in the air smile_o.gif

Still considering my future.Either RAF, AMI (Italian Air Force), Air Component of the Belgian Armed Forces (Belgian Air Force  tounge_o.gif ), USAF...You get the picture, I wanna fly!  biggrin_o.gif

If none of them work out, then probably something to do with computers.

Ditto sad_o.gif

Don't you mean 9... or 1... that's the most emotional sounding of the Resistance tracks, I think.

[Gareth Gates must die]

I'm 17 years old, live in Germany and go to school. I'm trying to get my baccalauréat. ;) My favourite subjects are English and Histroy. I'm into metal, forums, and OFP of course. smile_o.gif

Apart from school I'm spending most of my time on music, write songs and play bass in a band.

Well for a country that worships Jerry Lewis I'm sure the jokes are not that funny.

Ditto sad_o.gif

Don't you mean 9... or 1... that's the most emotional sounding of the Resistance tracks, I think.

[Gareth Gates must die]

1a is my favorite and I hope most of OFP2 music is like that. 3 is nice also but not 9. Track 8 has that feeling that you are about to lose something that you care about dearly forever. Thats why it was used at the cutscene at Bludov I believe. sad_o.gif

Well for a country that worships Jerry Lewis I'm sure the jokes are not that funny.

who's Jerry Lewis ?? a basketball star ??

no , we don't worship failed comical comedians tounge_o.gif

I'm 16, of Burmese/Cuban/German descent. Spend most of my time playing guitar and doing vocals for my band (fast emo/punk minus the political crap.). Spend lots of time with my friends and abusing alcohol.  Other time is taken up by hanging out with girls and going to see bands.

Currently a junior in highschool, I'm a member of the Debate Club and play Lacrosse on a Varsity/Junior Varsity level for my school.

I rarely play OFP anymore simply because I have no time. Currently living in central Jersey.

Music....(favorite bands)

-Alkaline Trio

-Hot Rod Circuit

-Hot Hot Heat

-Reggie and the Full Effect

-Homegrown

-Allister

-The Movielife

-Unsung Zeros

-Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer

Future:

Possibly a 2-3 year stint in the military (Army preferably as a 19D) followed by a college education. If I somehow get into a decent school the order may be reversed.

That's me.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hmm.. 16ish (1 month until that changes)

Going to college..

Currently trying to find other things to do than skateboarding/ofp things becuase I detest the whole computer-geek image that people have. Making films with my friends who do film-studies as an A level course.. using Radio Controlled stuff and owning a crap load of military equipment.

other things i do: sketching, pissing people off and constantly slagging off sci-fi crap.

Future career in the police, possibly armed.. but i really do not want to shoot anyone. Currently employed at Land Rover.

15, I wear Combat Fatigues and walk around in the woods with my face cam-painted carrying an airsoft. Or, when I don't have an airsoft and someone to annhiliate, or another team to obliterate, then sometimes I just walk around in the woods in combats with my face cam-painted.

I know more about military equipment and history than anyone of my age should. I spend a lot of time wasting things in OFP, and I seem to be one of the few humans who bothers to use proper English while discussing some matter of importance during either a frequent comm-check in MSN or during a firefight.

"I say Basil, it would seem that the BMP over there is visibly miffed. Lets go kill him and rape his wife shall we?"

AK

I'm a 24 year old Englishman from Manchester. I spent three years working extra hard to get an honours degree in marketing from Lancaster Uni only to find that I might as well not have bothered when I graduated in 2000. Since then I've become a very small cog in a very big company (Barclays Bank) doing technical helpdesk work and getting paid slightly less than peanuts for my efforts. I guess I should be applying for something better on an evening but this computer game called Operation Flashpoint always seems to distract me and before I know it it's time for bed. Apart from being an OFP junkie I like films, dance music, Andy McNab books and mature cheddar cheese sandwiches with thick brown bread that has those little nutty bits in it. I also practice the self-torture that is weightlifting every weeknight which I utterly hate but for some reason absolutely cannot stop doing. I haven't had a girlfriend since uni which troubles me severely but only adds to my inability to find the right words when I meet a potential partner and reinforces my probably bollocks self-image that I'm 'the strong silent type'.

And that's me. smile_o.gif

I'm 17 years old, and a senior in high school. As far as reality goes, I'm an officer on the school's debate team, which fits in nicely with me affinity for arguing with anyone about anything. To hear my friends tell it, I'm a fairly quiet but well-adjusted guy with a quirky sense of humor and a self-destructive tendency to argue with people who have power over me. As far as the future goes... I have no clue, so don't ask. If you really want to see a picture of me, there is a very low resolution picture of me in my profile. I know it isn't very good, but it's the only one I have on my hard drive at the moment. I will post some more here in the next week or so, when I do a feature on trebuchets, pumpkins, the launching of the latter via the former, and the merriment that arises therefrom. I have no doubt that everyone will find it highly entertaining and edifying, even if it does get locked right away smile_o.gif

15, in my 2nd year of high school. Im in wrestling. I dont play ofp very much anymore because I got kinda bored of it.

Thats it.

@Cloney

If you really like Alkaline Trio I recommend you look up hot water music, they did a split ep wit alk not so long ago, really good band from jacksonville florida.

I was going to see them November 7th @ Roseland Ballroom in NYC. However the GF got sick so I stayed home and watched Finding Nemo with her. (Painful)

The Hot Water Music/Alk 3 split was pretty sweet, Queen of Pain is definitely one of the best songs they've written. I figure i'll catch them on their next tour. I loved the acoustic cover of Bleeder.