Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think the backblast damage effect is too weak. AFAIK the backblast from a Carl Gustav will kill you if you are right behind it - but it doesn't do this in the game. Is there a reason for this?

I got small idea there is small air artilery support (airplane/helicopter) like side guns (e.g. from flying fortress onboard guns) ... it's from spooky

what about add it into ECP ? smile_o.gif

The Backblast from a CG 84mm RCL is likely seriously injure someone within ten metres beyond that you're pretty ok.

Would it be possible to implement the danger of firing the weapon without clearance behind it?

i.e. If you fire an RCL with a wall or solid obstacle behind you the backblast will come back to you.

Also as anyone else who uses one of these weapons can testify firing one is like a belly flop in boiling water (and thats just when you do it right crazy_o.gif) would it be possible to have the player get a "smack" in game?

ok i came up with something that is much needed in ofp, as we all know there is a kill or be killed only option in ofp but in real life there is give and take at times. i woke up out of a sleep (where sometimes i do my best thinking lol) and thought it would be great if you could create a script in which if you are 5 to ten meters from an enemy you can demand he put down his weapons! from the action manual, with thier being a 60\40 % chance they will or maybe thier skill level shuold help determine thier next action this can be a life saver but upon putting there gun down you can comand them as a gunnless captive and send them any where, so what do you guys think? is it to hard to achieve this type of realism or can this be done? rock.gif (i had to post this before i forgot again) wink_o.gif

Sounds like a good idea. The chances he surrenders should also depend on how many friends are near him, and maybe how many enemies too.

If I´m prone the first time I throw a grenade I die. I have the simulated explosions enabled.

ok i came up with something that is much needed in ofp, as we all know there is a kill or be killed only option in ofp but in real life there is give and take at times. i woke up out of a sleep (where sometimes i do my best thinking lol) and thought it would be great if you could create a script in which if you are 5 to ten meters from an enemy you can demand he put down his weapons! from the action manual, with thier being a 60\40 % chance they will or maybe their skill level should help determine their next action this can be a life saver but upon putting there gun down you can comand them as a gunnless captive and send them any where, so what do you guys think? is it to hard to achieve this type of realism or can this be done? (i had to post this before i forgot again)

@anderson:

Same with me, trying to throw a grenade from prone gives me the "ohhh fuck i threw the pin, now where's the nade" flip.

After throwing a nade from prone make sure to look down, if there lies one get up and run! Most of the time you can spare yourself to look down since you didn't see the nade flying, so run!

Somewhere in the readme it's stated that nades and rifle grenades sometimes stick to surfaces. This is some drawback to the explosion sim, but i like the features like temp whiteout and deafening too much to deactivate it.

S!

many, many pages to go trough so i'm just posting.

Is it possible to place these great explosions on the map and make the explode when I want to? Like in an outro or somthing? rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

A suggestion to add to next release of ECP version:

Lets make the default choppers targetable by BMP's, T72's, T80's etc. like the BAS choppers.

I hope it is possible.

Would be cool if the infantry would shoot at them as well.

Is it possible to place these great explosions on the map and make the explode when I want to? Like in an outro or somthing?  rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Yep you need to camcreate your fav tanks heat or whatever shell on the ground and then BANG with ECP on it will give you th same explosion.

Kroky i think thats only possible by editting the addons config rock.gif , ECP team might not be able to do it but then again they have done a lot so they might pull this off too i wont be surprised biggrin_o.gif

Btw anyone getting random CTD's with 1.96/1.95 with ECP ?

Is it possible to place these great explosions on the map and make the explode when I want to? Like in an outro or somthing?  rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Yep you need to camcreate your fav tanks heat or whatever shell on the ground and then BANG with ECP on it will give you th same explosion.

Kroky i think thats only possible by editting the addons config  rock.gif  , ECP team might not be able to do it but then again they have done a lot so they might pull this off too i wont be surprised biggrin_o.gif

Btw anyone getting random CTD's with 1.96/1.95 with ECP ?

very often I CTD but that is 15/1 times it crash no big problem but well using other mods without ECP that does crash too very often too.

I think it is a patch 1.96 cause I use that version everytime wink_o.gif

Im getting random CTDs with 1.96 as well...

And the wierd thing is that it just CTD's anywhere without a reason and doesnt gives any error following it rock.gif

When i tried to play without ECP many missions would not work and throw me out its seems they dont wanna be played without ECP? crazy_o.gif

And the wierd thing is that it just CTD's anywhere without a reason and doesnt gives any error following it  rock.gif

When i tried to play without ECP many missions would not work and throw me out its seems they dont wanna be played without ECP?  crazy_o.gif

same thing happens to me too no error message weird crazy_o.gif

With missions got no problem if I play without ECP tounge_o.gif

Your PC Acecombat is getting crazy just like you biggrin_o.gifghostface.gif j/k tounge_o.gif

My version is very stable so far.

Playing 1.96 and ECP 1.071 and did experience only 1 (in words: ONE) CTD over the last 3 or 4 months and this ONLY in a LAN game. Can't remember when I CTD in SP!!

I think it depends more on hardware than on any software. Especially because it doesn't give you any error message. (Think about it!) When there would be an issue with ECP, usually it gives you any comment.

So my suggestions are:

1. Make as many MOD folders as you can! Run really only the

addons you need. I use about 740MB in my addons and res

addons folder and moved over 800MB addons into mod

folders. Particularly all the addons that begin with an addon

tag. (Like DKM, ECL, ITA and so on) I created a lot of mod

folders for the islands. Like @Desert, @Winter, @Vietnam,

@Taiwan, @Malvinas, @Tonal, and so on, and so on.

2. G E T M O R E R A M !!!

I'm using 1,5 GB RAM and since I upgraded from 768MB I

experience any CTD in SP. (Whatever mods and addons

used!)

Synchronize RAM FSB clock speed with your CPU clock

speed. I.e. when you've got a CPU on FSB 133Mhz than use

PC2100 RAM (with 133Mhz FSB). If you've got a CPU on

FSB 166Mhz than use PC2700 RAM. If you've got a CPU on

FSB 200Mhz than use PC3200 RAM. (That's for AMD Athlons)

but it's about the same for Intel CPU's, only that they use

a higher FSB rate. (Anyway I don't like the Intel CPU's tounge_o.gif )

3. Reduce the tasks being performed under windows

DRASTICALLY!! I'm using a tool "RegCleaner" to monitor

all programms being started up with windows. (The windows

task manager doesn't show you ALL tasks being started up)

I'm running exactly 4 tasks under Windows ME before

starting OFP. Also I'm using RAM Idle to watch the amount

of RAM being used and being unused.

4. Of course start OFP with the command -nomap.

5. DO NOT OVERCLOCK your Mainboard or CPU or Graphics

Card or RAM if you want max stability on your system.

Random CTD usually come from overclocked, unstable

systems, very often using too less VCore for CPU or RAM.

(Than it doesn't give you any error message when CTD.)

6. Use STABLE mainboard and graphics card drivers. Not

always the latest drivers are the best! If you have to

decide to buy a new graphics card - buy a GeForce. OFP

likes GeForce more than ATI biggrin_o.gif .

7. Reduce you desktop resolution to 16bit. (Doesn't take away

too much performance.)

8. If you system still crashes, check if some components are

getting too hot. Especially CPU and graphics card but also

the mainboard or hard disk. Particularly if you live in an area

where it is usually hot your PC can overheat after few

hours and CTD or even restarts. (Get better CPU cooling,

additional graphics card cooling (hint: ZALMAN) or add

chassis cooling to your system.

All this does not guarantee that you NEVER will CTD in OFP or

any other application. But you will definitely get a more stable system that performs better in any application.

PS. What does this have to do with ECP? Simple: I don't think

ECP is causing the most CTD, it's very likely your system.

That should ease the life a little bit for the ECP guys,

having more time to develop this unreplaceable mod!

I can't find where to download ECP :'(

www.ofpec.com isn't working for me, giving me:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) PHP/4.3.4 Server at www.ofpec.com Port 80

Excellent advice Kroky!

Also: I cant get the editor enhancements to work... in the readme it says that you just hit escape during your preview of the mission, but its same old menu for me. How do I get the screens that I can see in the readme?

Is it because I have FDF running?

@General Barron

I like the new features introduced by you in 1.072 ver like

releasing units and the infoshare between AI units.

But I really don't like the limitations of only being able to join AI units after I commanded any units. I can live with the limitation that I can only join a unit if I outrank the group leader. But there is a major bug in this version. I can join units that are in original BIS vehicles but as soon as they are in BAS vehicles (choppers) it's impossible to join them. (It was possible in 1.071).

So please let me know how to change the scripts that I can add these two features to the 1.071 version:

- release units (without any monitoring)

- infoshare

Thanks

ok i came up with something that is much needed in ofp, as we all know there is a kill or be killed only option in ofp but in real life there is give and take at times. i woke up out of a sleep (where sometimes i do my best thinking lol) and thought it would be great if you could create a script in which if you are 5 to ten meters from an enemy you can demand he put down his weapons! from the action manual, with thier being a 60\40 % chance they will or maybe their skill level should help determine their next action this can be a life saver but upon putting there gun down you can comand them as a gunnless captive and send them any where, so what do you guys think? is it to hard to achieve this type of realism or can this be done?   (i had to post this before i forgot again)

will this be possible or not?

ok i came up with something that is much needed in ofp, as we all know there is a kill or be killed only option in ofp but in real life there is give and take at times. i woke up out of a sleep (where sometimes i do my best thinking lol) and thought it would be great if you could create a script in which if you are 5 to ten meters from an enemy you can demand he put down his weapons! from the action manual, with thier being a 60\40 % chance they will or maybe their skill level should help determine their next action this can be a life saver but upon putting there gun down you can comand them as a gunnless captive and send them any where, so what do you guys think? is it to hard to achieve this type of realism or can this be done?   (i had to post this before i forgot again)

will this be possible or not?

I also think this would be a great thing.  I have suggested this in the OFP2 suggestions topic, along with non-lethal weapons and the capability to subdue opponents.  

I like your idea of adding this to the action menu.  This way you could ask for the surrender of a unit!!  Maybe make it an option to ask a groups commander for their surrender.

A possible problem would be keeping other friendly units from gunning down the surrender candidate while you are asking for his surrender.  Maybe put others on Hold Fire orders?

Quote[/b] ]Why did you put in the limitations for AI joing player in the newest (1.072) dev version?

Or is it at least selectable if I want to use these limitations?

(Personally I don't like the limitation that I can only take over soldiers from a group when I outrank the leader. I.e. there are coop missions where my buddy who's the same rank as me agrees to pass over a soldier to my squad.)

Quote[/b] ]I really don't like the limitations of only being able to join AI units after I commanded any units. I can live with the limitation that I can only join a unit if I outrank the group leader.

Just to be clear, let me state how the AI join scripts work in version 1.071, and in 1.072:

1.071:

You can join ANY ai to your group, at any time (assuming you have space). There is an optional restriction that you can only grab units that do not have anyone else in their group.

1.072:

You cannot join ai to your group until AFTER you first have control of a squad. Even then, you can only join units whom are a LOWER rank than you are. If units are in a group, then you have to outrank their leader in order to join them to your group. There still is the optional single-unit-group restriction.

In the next update, The rank restriction will become an optional restriction. I also will lower the rank restriction so you can grab units of equal or lower rank than you (its more realistic on second thought).

Why can't you join units to your group until you first have control of a squad? Because I want to honor the intention of the mission designer. Simply put, there are some missions where you are not supposed to have control over other units. Try the mission in my sig for an example. In these cases, I don't want the author's mission spoiled by allowing players to run around the countryside, grabbing allies here and there.

How can the script tell if the mission designer wanted you to control a squad? Simple; it just waits until you have control over one. In many missions, you start with a squad, so you will be able to grab units from the start. In other missions, you are assigned a squad later on after the mission starts. In this case, after you are assigned your squad, you can go ahead and start grabbing units. In missions where you are supposed to have a squad, there should be no problems with this script.

I'm not going to make this restriction optional in SP, out of respect for mission makers. However, I will likely make an option to disable this in MP only; if that is possible. In this case, the it would be up to the server to decide whether or not to restrict this. In SP missions, I would consider the mission author to be the "server", and I would assume he would disable it.

I'm afraid this won't be happening in the immediate future, as I'm rather busy right now sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But there is a major bug in this version. I can join units that are in original BIS vehicles but as soon as they are in BAS vehicles (choppers) it's impossible to join them. (It was possible in 1.071).

This is something I was not aware of. mad_o.gif Please provide some more specific information on the bug (were the units in the chopper to begin with? can you join them after they get back out of the choppers? etc), and I"ll look into it.

@victorious

Quote[/b] ]ok i came up with something that is much needed in ofp, as we all know there is a kill or be killed only option in ofp but in real life there is give and take at times. i woke up out of a sleep (where sometimes i do my best thinking lol) and thought it would be great if you could create a script in which if you are 5 to ten meters from an enemy you can demand he put down his weapons! from the action manual, with thier being a 60\40 % chance they will or maybe their skill level should help determine their next action this can be a life saver but upon putting there gun down you can comand them as a gunnless captive and send them any where, so what do you guys think? is it to hard to achieve this type of realism or can this be done? (i had to post this before i forgot again)

Yes, this is possible, and a good idea. Check out the alpha-test of my latest mission; the link is in my signature. It has something like what you are suggesting; enemies will surrender if the odds don't look good for them. You can capture these enemies and they follow you around. You can't shout "surrender", but that could also be done (I would think that if the enemy knows about you already, they wouldn't surrender, but if you sneak up behind them they usually should). I had thought about including this in the ECP, and now that I see there would be a demand for it, I think I will. (assuming the rest of the team ok's it)

Again, it all just takes time, and currently I haven't had time to spend on the ECP (its all been going to my mission or to school/girlfriend/work/etc).

First and foremost, I cannot play OFP without this mod! Great job crew!

I do have one comment/suggestion for a future version though. When involved in a firefight in a town or city, the AI troops love to throw grenades. When the dust settles, it looks like a scene from the front line in WWI! The new feature that creates the "shellhole" ("crater" in the .sqm) allows grenades to make these craters that are out of porportion to the explosion. I think that they are great for an artillery barrage but they are overkill for a grenade IMHO. Perhaps you could exempt the grenade and mortar class from creating these large craters? This way only larger caliber shells would create the moonscape effect. tounge_o.gif

Keep up the great work!

Wadmann