Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

Ok i agree Kurayami with what you said there and if all tanks have these features then give'em all i say wink_o.gif

But as you said making sure that AI uses them in certain situations is a nice thing , i dont want tanks using smokes when facedby a lone non-AT soldier tounge_o.gif , have'emthrow these only when they detect AT or tanks around them or while APC , IFVs are disembarking as you said.

rock.gif What is happening with ecp mod?

There's so many other ecp configs out there like Super config,test config,enhanced config...are these other peoples makings or is Ecp team behind them?

Don't know what to use...still i'm happy with current 1.071 version.

Ofpec seems to be down always when i try to visit there sad_o.gif

We are kinda in the midst of some MAJOR changes. We're basically revamping the whole ECP, to get some major performance increases, as well as to hopefully fix the savegame bug. There are also some great new scripts coming, along with a bunch of other improvements. We all have real life commitments though, which is slowing progress down quite a bit. In addition, snYpir has now left us to persue a PHD sad_o.gif .

Here is a little taste of what I personally have been working on though:

First, I'm working on a new config, which is aimed at increasing the realism of the game even more. It makes the AI so much more difficult to fight! Check it out here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=38586

Also, I'm finishing up a visual settings.sqs editor. Now you don't have to manually edit the settings.sqs in notepad!

setEd.jpg

Here are some pics of a script I'm working on that allows you to carry bodies around:

carry.jpg

carry2.jpg

There is lots to come from the ECP!

wow_o.gif Ouuuuu Maaaaaaan!

Better then i ever thought! tounge_o.gif

Testing the testconfig.....

Thanks for update smile_o.gif

Will you be able to pick up live untis with that script? For example your wounded team mate who can't walk and is slowing your team down.

Will you be able to pick up live untis with that script? For example your wounded team mate who can't walk and is slowing your team down.

Probablly not. The main focus is to drag dead guys, for two purposes:

1) A more realistic alternative to the black op's "Hide Body" action. This could become useful with future AI improvements, such as an AI patrol reacting when they see a dead ally.

2) Another script I'm going to make, which lets medics revive "dead" soldiers. The ability to drag a critically wounded ("dead") comrad out of harms way is needed for this, so your medic can safely spend however many minutes working on the wounded soldier before it is too late.

Also, mission makers will be able to take advantage of this script in the future, if they make their mission require the ECP. They might have other uses for it, such as for medivacs.

That is a good suggestion though, and perhaps I will put that in, if I can find an easy way to do it. But no promises wink_o.gif Besides, you don't really carry them that much faster than a crawling person anyway, so it wouldn't be a huge gain.

whoah! im really looking forward to the next release!  smile_o.gif

btw, are changes being made to the explosion effects? personally i think they are a bit unrealistic as of now.

As i have played some missions with that kind of revive script i can only say please make a max number of times any one can be revived. I'd even say make that number one. Players play rambo when they now they can be revived as often as they die and this defeats the purpose of no respawn missions sad_o.gif

As i have played some missions with that kind of revive script i can only say please make a max number of times any one can be revived. I'd even say make that number one. Players play rambo when they now they can be revived as often as they die and this defeats the purpose of no respawn missions  sad_o.gif

Actually, I was mainly thinking of it to be used on AI. And there would be some hefty limits on reviving your guys: a limited amount of time to save them, and also only a certain chance even then that they can be revived (maybe 50%).

Also, I am TRYING to get it to work where you can only revive them if they have only been "killed" a certain amount; meaning if they got their heads shot, or a tank shell up their butt, there's no hope for them. Unfortunately, OFP handles damage in a weird way (headshots only damage a person to like 0.5 when they die, wheras leg shots damage a person to 1), so I'm having setbacks on that part crazy_o.gif

first...

WoW...

second....

Grrrrr....

..now with the fear o getting chewed! im going to moan a lil bit.....

i, as can every other monkey here, can see this is going to be another top notch mod and milestone in OFP community and we lowly monkeys will chuffed to bits when we get to use this but....

i can also see that if you nice modder chaps were to co-operate/co-ordinate we lowly monkeys would be pee'ing till christmass with exciment over the results.

its my no.1 frustrations (no.2 is getting me end away) when i can see such top potential from different mods ECP,WGL plus VEH/WEAP/INF mods all working independantly yet on very very simaler project eg:realism based edits n effects

its all screaming for a unified mod that would re-invent/evolve flashpoint for the whole ofp world

an example of this working would be FALCON 4.0 UNIFIED TEAM

these chaps have had there ups n downs but through persistance and co-operation they have/are reinventing/evolving falcon4 to be far more that it ever was "out the box" and probably way more than the makers every intended. result now is its still "THE" definative jet sim outclassing lock on (not by graphics, not yet anway...hehe)

with its sheer attention to detail and realism effect and function years after it was first released

i look at you clever flashpoint modders and all the tallent there in and its screaming for a unification based mod. most of the mods are already made veh/weap/inf etc you chaps are doing realism based mod n tweaks and wgl are/have doing a very simaler thing...

you chaps say its slow going because youre a little short handed and RL (what good a phd anyway pfftt smile_o.gifwink_o.gif ) if you was to join forces with wgl you double youre work force halve youre work load (sorta) and youd both/all be working together making a or "THE" realism/overhaul mod all us monkeys is gaggin for...

hehehe think i went on a rant there oops!

anyway gota say love ecp cant wait for the new version.......will it be version 2?........wishing it was a part of a unified community flashpoint patch

Afaik ECP was laid out to be exactly this but has not gotten much support from other mods. I could be wrong though...

Quote[/b] ]its my no.1 frustrations (no.2 is getting me end away) when i can see such top potential from different mods ECP,WGL plus VEH/WEAP/INF mods all working independantly yet on very very simaler project eg:realism based edits n effects

I understand your point, and there are tons of other people out there who think the same way. For the most part, I agree with you, but there is a counter-point that should be made:

Different mods have different goals.

Not all of the mods are really doing the exact same thing. Many of the 'total conversion' mods out there, such as the FDF or the CSLA, are supposed to be country-specific, meaning instead of playing with US units, you play with Finnish units, or whatever. That type of mod is obviously going to be of great interest to residents of said country, but maybe not as interesting to US residents, or just other people who are used to playing with the default OFP units; i.e. US vs the Russians.

That said, I will counter my own argument tounge_o.gif, and point out that the above mainly deals with the MODELS, not with effects. Now compare those mods with the ECP. Does the ECP do models? Nope, not at all. ECP is mainly concerned with EFFECTS, not the models used.

Now, the great thing about that kind of mod, is that you could then use all the scripts and effects from that mod (ECP), and just put in your own models and units, making a whole new mod, but saving lots of effort on effects scripting. Pretty good idea huh? Well that is the idea behind the ECP, and if you check out the ECP page, you will see what I"m talking about.

I believe that the Operation: Northstar mod (Canadian mod) is doing just that: using the ECP with their units to make their mod. There has also been some discussion between the ORCS team (Russian addon makers) and the ECP team. Not sure what happened with that though. All mods are welcome to use the ECP as their backbone, or parts of it, and also to hopefully contribute a little thing or two to the ECP themselves.

Not that the ECP is the be-all, end-all mod, mind you. There are lots of things that other mods do well that we don't do as well, or don't do at all. For example, as of yet, the ECP doesn't change any of the BIS weapon configs. This is going to change in the future, because we want realistic weapons. But do I want to do all the research, design, and testing work to config realistic weapons, if it has been done before?

Heck no :P ! I haven't tried the WGL mod yet, but if they really do have as realistic weapons configs as they claim (which I don't doubt), then I would love to simply put their hard work into the ECP. No sense in reinventing the wheel, right?

So, in short, I don't think you will ever see 'one unified mod' for OFP, because there are just too many people playing the game, so no one mod could ever really please everybody. However, what can and needs to happen, is that different mods would share much of their scripting and coding work with each other, on the parts of their mods that do overlap. I don't know about the other mods, but the ECP is always ready and willing to do just that. unclesam.gif

Well said GB,

a few other points.

1) ECP was intentionally designed to be backwards compatible with all previous (non modified) MP/SP maps including CTI/RTS/CTF/C&H and campaigns. Many other MODs are not--they are type specific.

2) ECP was designed to be MP client friendly in that ECP clients and non ECP clients may play together with no conflicts. Indeed, snYpir went to great efforts so that even the server doesnt need to have ECP running (though it is recommended that it does). In this case ECP will find its own ECP server among the clients and they will happily talk to each other without affecting the non ECP server and non ECP clients. Most other MODS do not have this as a goal.

3) ECP has prided its self in the ability to give the end user complete control in over 85% of all of the effects(excluding config effect changes). This is even being taken further in the next version.

4) NEWS: One of the things ECP has been desperately trying to do is find a way to make itself easily "Parent" compatible with all/many of the great individual addons out there.

I am sure you have all experianced the issue of placing a brand new addon in the map editor then next you find yourself on the forums writing "HEY--why doesnt my new ***tank_addon have my ECP shock dust effect and ECP shell whiz?", or "why doesnt my new ***ATlauncher_addon have ECP backblast?".

Well we have made some very good headway in this area and the results are exciting--so stay tuned. smile_o.gif

Zay blues.gif

i was really waiting for someone to make that carry body action!!!!!!

thats amamzing!!! i was expecting it to be in ofp2

goodwork

i was wondering if u guys could make bas delta/ranger be ecp compatible in the joining single and group units area?

excellent replys chaps thanks...

i feel soo cheap linking to another of me posts (but anything to get viewing figures up! biggrin_o.gif

Here if this is true is there an optimal distance for us to consider using view distance/ecp?

and in no way wanting to be rude but what would the benifit of carrying bodies around be for the single/multiplayer?

(this is another pet niggle of mine in all games/mods. when i see modders work there bunz off to add that "lil bit extra" in terms of real life/detials which on the face look good and would be cool but in translation to a compter game dont work because there to local to the individual player or because of the limited situation awarness of pc simulation. ocourse that changes from game to game, its just another cross i have to bare...........sniff............) wink_o.gif

and in no way wanting to be rude but what would the benifit of carrying bodies around be for the single/multiplayer?

Not a lot at the moment. Although I think GB has something up his sleeve  wink_o.gif  .

ATM AI simply consider you and all enemy AI as a threat until you're dead. Currently there is no such thing as an immobilized soldier or prisoners. You're alive? We will kill you.

I think this AI mentality is in for a kick in the ass. Peeps have wanted it for ages and I think ECP may be up to the challenge. Injured soldiers usually always outnumber KIA--(erm generally).

So what is an injured soldier and what does this mean in the game? Simply put its a guy thats fubar--he cant shoot, he is writhing in pain and he needs rescuing.

"Dont let that man crawl!" thats where I'd like to see this end up.

Stoping AI from shooting at you is a cinch. Getting the injured anims isn't.

So.....this indeed could be one of the real ground breaking game events that would truly benefit from GBs carrying script.

"Power to the medivac!"

Zay blues.gif

General

when You on such massive improvements ride , can You in meanwhile stop and add LEAN ? smile_o.gif

thanks a lot for anything You made wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Here if this is true is there an optimal distance for us to consider using view distance/ecp?

This is true and the "optimal" viewdistance could be either the max distance your system can handle if the mission is not dependant on a certain viewdistance or the viewdistance the mission was made for (but then the mission maker should really have set the viewdistance). Ie play with the viewdistance you like the best, except if missions stop working with it...

General

when You on such massive improvements ride , can You in meanwhile stop and add LEAN ? smile_o.gif

thanks a lot for anything You made  wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Yeah, I'm planning on adding in a slew of different movement actions for players to use. Leaning is a good one. Also I'm thinking about putting in a prone AT weapon action (left or right). Any more ideas for some useful animations/actions?

I'm also working on a rapelling script, to let you rapel down buildings, or quickly descend very steeply sloped terrain.

Quote[/b] ]and in no way wanting to be rude but what would the benifit of carrying bodies around be for the single/multiplayer?

The reason I'm doing it is because so many people have asked for the ability to do that in OFP. You're right though; by itself, it isn't really very useful. However, it does open up some doors for future improvements to the game. Like I said before, it could be used a replacement for the 'hide body' action. Or, like Zayford pointed out, it could be used to make a more realistic casulty system, instead of just "he's dead, leave him".

However, this also gives MISSION MAKERS a great tool to use in their missions. I'm sure there are plenty of editors out there who would love to be able to do medivacs, but never had a good way to move bodies. Now they do, if they make their mission require the ECP. Stuff like this couldn't possibly be put into every older mission via the ECP, but it gives mission makers a good tool to use in future missions.

as for the mp part: till yet i´ve heard of 2 clans which play real war with a "leave no one behind" rule .. although it´s hard to think of any fun you can get out of carrying corpses across the battlefield it´s quite an interesting way to play ofp.

... fantastic stuff man smile_o.gif

btw. don't remove hide bodies feature, carry body / wounded should be addition to it ...

... deeep breath smile_o.gif

Ideas:

- roll to sides when laying on ground

- jump throught window or hole in wall (forward doing roll)

- climbing to/over small walls, fences etc.

- what about some hand signals for team leader? like stop, move, danger etc. smile_o.gif

- give up / surrender , holding weapon or hands above head or behind head smile_o.gif

for carry / drag wounded, there should be various types, depending on if wounded person is hit into leg, you can recline him so he can walk on 1 leg on your side ... etc

If you make new actions that will be usable all the time, I suggest, if possible, that they are activated through radio, and not the action menu. Otherwise I think there will be a bit too many actions at certain times.

Well,

maybe someone out there can help us with key bindings if its possible.

We cant do everything  on our own tounge_o.gif

Zay  blues.gif

I have a question, sorry if its been asked before, but 77pages is a bit daunting, how do you go about getting ecp to work on a dedicated server?

You install it on the server and start it with -mod=@ecp...

And you may have to copy @ecp/bin/resource.cpp to the server root...