Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

This was from a private conversation so I hope I don't offend the author or supply false information by quoting it here, but...

Quote[/b] ]Unfortunately, however, the ECP team seems to be slowly dissolving, moving to other projects, etc. However, I personally have tons and tons of ideas that I would like to incorporate into it still, so perhaps it will stick around for the long haul.

I also look forward to any possible release from the ECP team. With permission (ofcourse), I'd like to see several FDF features implemented into ECP, such as portable fuelcans, attaching satchels to vehicles and the parachutes that show in the gear menu. Aswell as the features of Geneal Barons test config (weapon wobble, group spacing, etc) to be released in a new official version.

Cap.

Hi guys,

the ECP team has had a reshuffle but work has been constantly on going. A new ECP version should be released in the not too distant future.

You may ask why we haven't had an update before now? Basically its because we have completely rewritten the ECP--yes that also means the architecture--and the results are  wink_o.gif  well you will see the results when we release it, and I will be surprised if some folks don't fall over.

You can expect true performance gains that will hopefully knock your socks off and a very high chance that the save game bug has been "killed" or if not then fatally wounded.  tounge_o.gif

The next ECP has also been delayed simply because it will be THE largest update that we have ever attempted. The code that will be in the next release has been in development for the ECP since well before our first release. LOL it has taken this long to develop it.

I am tempted to let u all in on the other goodies that will be included in the next version but the time is not right--sorry sad_o.gif . I don't mean to tease I am simply letting you all know that we have not "dissolved" nor are we likely to. The new revelations and code that we have discovered is further laying the foundations for even more ground breaking improvements that we are striving toward. But it takes time and perseverance and bloody hard work.

Many of you may not realise that it was only two individuals within the team that had the staying power and final push to release the very first ECP version one--so believe me when I say that we know what hard times are....we have been there.

And hey--if you are that worried about our status, then you can always join us and work on the next release smile_o.gif

Zay

ECP Team

I really can't wait !!  biggrin_o.gif  smile_o.gif

and what do you need help at when you say:

Quote[/b] ]And hey--if you are that worried about our status, then you can always join us and work on the next release
? ?

So if new version is totally different,must i uninstall the old ecp version before installing new one?

1.071 currently in use.

Yes yes i'm a bit ahead on this question.... smile_o.gif

Please list some general areas that you need help in.. If I can do any of it, you will have my help at the drop of a hat.  smile_o.gif

Hello people

I'm having trouble tryint to figure out what to do with some of the files for this mod. I've installed the CTI44ecp and setup the string in the EXE file, I've copyed all my files from the CTImission-all file in to my main MPmission folder but what i'm having trouble with is the @cti44-all files; where do they go?....in my main addon etc folders or in to it own?

Help would me much welcomed

biggrin_o.gif

very exciting stuff

its like u just cant play ofp without ecp anymore

its stuck in the mod directory

its has to be there

Quote[/b] ]Can't play without ECP.

--Ben

Yeah, I completely agree with you.

hope to next release would be soon!

We're always waiting.

Cheer up ECP guys tounge_o.gif

Need a mirror for the latest ecp version.Ofpec does not work.

got a little problem, when i start using OFP it shows a black screen for about 5 seconds then gos bk to desktop...

any ideas whats going wrong???

cheers, Philly

Have you tried using the -nomap command in your shortcut?

RED

What does -nomap do? Removes something or ads something that usually helps resolving problems in Flashpoint.

-nomap    =  do not load maps into memory on startup

-nosplash =  do not show intro while loading

-mod =         additional MOD Folder

EXAMPLE:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=wgl

MCPXXL

You're still using the beta? I know it's the same but makes sense to use the final version no? smile_o.gif

Examples of shortcut........

y2k3shortcut.JPG

Right but with the Beta you don't need the CD in your drive! wink_o.gif

way cool! Are you going to add the buildings special one of your team spoke about in ofpec? I asked if you guys could do it and he said that it was already being done and much cooler with more fx around it tounge_o.gif

i don't want to nag but you know any possible release date like july or august? or later?

; AI Join/release Settings

; ================

; ECP_AI_release_enable

; enable the player to release members from his/her squad? (true/false)

; defined by server in MP

? [ECP_AI_release_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_release_enable = true

; ECP_AI_join_enable

; enable the player to join "Man" type units to his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_join_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_join_enable = true

Edit that part and make it

; AI Join/release Settings

; ================

; ECP_AI_release_enable

; enable the player to release members from his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_release_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_release_enable = false

; ECP_AI_join_enable

; enable the player to join "Man" type units to his/her squad? (true/false)

? [ECP_AI_join_enable] call ECP_is_null : ECP_AI_join_enable = false

...@ void_false

if i understand your problem correctly, just set every "= true" with "= false"... biggrin_o.gif

its in ecp_setings.sqs...