Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

marine*, I'd suggest you uninstall whatever ECP you have installed (If you have used the ECP installers, then use the uninstaller programs).

Remove (delete) the @ECP folder completely and start over again.

Even though the installation process is described on the ECP page (see first post in this thread), people might need it in even simpler step-by step form.

With that in mind, follow the instructions I wrote in this OFPEC posting, and you should be able to enjoy ECP and DR together: ECP DR help

Especially note that in order to actually play with ECP, you have to start OFP with that mod activated, i.e you need a shortcut to OFP that includes "-mod=@ecp".

So, again:<ul>

[1)] remove all traces of ECP from your current OFP installation

[2)] follow the instructions in the thread I linked to.

[3)] Happy happy, joy joy.

Also thought to mention there's a bug when using the standard BIS M9 sidearm, when I use the BIS Officer and switch to using my M9, I'm stuck and can only run in place.  And I still would like if anyone can tell me regarding my previous post.  Thanks

Have you used the core installer? Using the development version unencrypted config.cpp causes this bug. A config.bin must exist in \@ECP\bin.

Quote[/b] ]Could it be possible to replace the BIS tanks with SIG's ones in the later versions of ECP, and the UH-60s with BAS ones? ECT... I'm talking total unit replacement here!
Quote[/b] ]Does this mean that perhaps in the future we might be able to have FDFMod and ECP together as well?

No. We will never be a total replacement mod. That is not our aim (we don't have the personnel, basically). FDF and CSLA have done this - we offer our mod as a backbone to theirs. We are having discussions with FDF to incorporate ECP into FDF, however we have not appoached CSLA yet.

Merging CSLA and ECP is a massive task. Every vehicle needs to be modified in the config.bin to have ECP EHs, and then there is the problem of dual effects (CSLA + ECP fire). An ECP version of CSLA is low priority, but we'll get there.

Quote[/b] ]ill be happy if the next version of ECP allows me to drop torpedos from a helo without bursting in to (gmr) flames

CoC clashes with ECP - I don't know why. Somehow dropping a torpedo triggers a killed EH. Don't expect a fix in the near future.

Quote[/b] ]hey you guys, you are doing a great job only one thing i see that needs to be put in the game is screaming, the ai that jump out the tanks says nothing if that was me (or you) i would be screaming my ass off

All over it biggrin_o.gif Wait out.

@Everyone

We don't have time to make ECP compatible with every addon and mod created. We could try, but it is a never-ending task. There *may* be a combined FDF/ECP mod created (this depends on FDF at the moment), and there *may* be a CSLA/ECP config if I get the time. We are very busy in RL as well is in other parts of the community (getting OFPEC back up again is a big priority) so bear with us.

biggrin_o.gif

I downloaded the new DR/INQ config and I get an error missing base class "Throwbase". I get rid of it by deleting the config.cpp file. Any ideas?

I've got to admit I love the feature of adding units to my group, it adds a whole new level to the game and missions. Is there any way to release them as well? Also is there any way to add resistance units?

For example, UN mission to africa, French helo goes down, Rangers working CSAR fast rope in, join up with the pilot and get him back to safety, and then stand by for any other helos to go down.

Even if west & resistance can't link, I'd still like to see the ability to remove units from group along with the adding which is just wonderful. Really adds a new dimension to the game.

I've got to admit I love the feature of adding units to my group, it adds a whole new level to the game and missions. Is there any way to release them as well? Also is there any way to add resistance units?

For example, UN mission to africa, French helo goes down, Rangers working CSAR fast rope in, join up with the pilot and get him back to safety, and then stand by for any other helos to go down.  

Even if west & resistance can't link, I'd still like to see the ability to remove units from group along with the adding which is just wonderful. Really adds a new dimension to the game.

Yes it would be good to release a medic as an AI aid post and a MG gunner on top of a hill, etc, etc.

Another good example is tank crew if their tank is taken out. Save sending the buggers away with a stop command or foward to get wasted.

Thanks Killswitch, yea it was one thing or another that was conflicting (config files). So far it seems to be working fine, thanks again.

Hi,

Finaly you had add the flare for aircraft, but I think this feature don't work well... Try DKM_tung VS VIT_F16, the missile never hit the flare...

Also, please

- add realistic rate of fire of AK47, AK47CZ, AK74... (Single, AUto)

- add command : Add satchel in vehicle, like FDF mod...

- Please make DR version of JAM_magazines...

I hope those idea will be added...

I have added the USMC optics to JAM_magazines (like my GAZ_pack), can I send you the files (the weapons look better now) ? Earl give me the right to use them.

Take care

Quote[/b] ]ill be happy if the next version of ECP allows me to drop torpedos from a helo without bursting in to (gmr) flames  

CoC clashes with ECP - I don't know why. Somehow dropping a torpedo triggers a killed EH. Don't expect a fix in the near future.

anyway that i can mod the coc torpedos (for personal use) to make them compatable? or vise versa?

I have added the USMC optics to JAM_magazines (like my GAZ_pack), can I send you the files (the weapons look better now) ? Earl give me the right to use them.

Two very nice ideas. I hope they get implemented. smile_o.gif

Killswitch I stand corrected, the ECP menu function fails to run as it gives me an error message saying some script is missing. This happens every other time I may pause the game, so one time it may work and the other time it doesn't. Unlike last time when I press ESC, the menu is visible everytime though it fails to be accessed every other time or so. Probably just a bug glitch of some sort, seeing as how I followed your directions to the mark. Thanks for the easy steps though, at least now it works.

Could the ECP team change the default muzzle flashes on all of the weapons in OFP. Currently they are all white. Now with the 'marine assault pack', the weapons have a more natural (in my eyes) and nicer muzzle flash effect. It's a bit more yellow and somewhat smoother.

I hope it's possible. I wish the ECP team the best of luck!

Arch.

PLZ HELP !!!!!! sad_o.gif I CANT SEE SOLDIERS WEAPONS AND ALL THAT SHIT IN OFP !!! WHEN I RUN ECP....... (i have Radeon 9800 xt 256MB) !! HELP!! crazy_o.gif

Two very nice ideas. I hope they get implemented. smile_o.gif

I love that feature, nothing better than ramming a ural loaded with 10 satchels through enemy defences and screaming allah akbar at the same time.. well, until I was forbidden to do that. sad_o.gif

One thing that has always bugged me about OFP is that  when your troops engage enemy armour they don't always finish them off i.e if the have killed the gunner or the main gun is unusable the troops tend to ignore them and it is then left to you to try and find and destroy them. This is a real bind when the mission objective depends on you clearing large areas.

Is there anything that could be done via ECP for troops to totally destroy armour when they engaged.

Thanks, Buggs

Quote[/b] ]PLZ HELP !!!!!!    I CANT SEE SOLDIERS WEAPONS AND ALL THAT SHIT IN OFP !!! WHEN I RUN ECP....... (i have Radeon 9800 xt 256MB) !! HELP!!

Tekakan, you are more than likley using 4.1 Catalyst drivers.If you check back around page 60 you will find that there are a few other people with the same problem. try rolling back to the previous set.  wink_o.gif

PLZ HELP !!!!!! sad_o.gif   I CANT SEE SOLDIERS WEAPONS AND ALL THAT SHIT IN OFP !!! WHEN I RUN ECP....... (i have Radeon 9800 xt 256MB) !! HELP!! crazy_o.gif

I had this problem when I installed the 4.1 Cat's, and fixed it by removing most of the unofficial addons from my Addons folder. See if that works for you.

PLZ HELP !!!!!! sad_o.gif   I CANT SEE SOLDIERS WEAPONS AND ALL THAT SHIT IN OFP !!! WHEN I RUN ECP....... (i have Radeon 9800 xt 256MB) !! HELP!! crazy_o.gif

ALt+tab, minimize game, return back ... bug gone ... (minimally for me at 5 ATI machines ...)

ALt+tab, minimize game, return back ... bug gone ... (minimally for me at 5 ATI machines ...)

Or buy a GeForce Graphics Accelerator Card. Ati had always some problems with FPS games! That's why I sticking to NVIDIA since 3DFX has become a part of it!

I'm not seeing the greatness? Am I blind?

The AI picking up ammo thing, if you are talking about that, I suppose it could be pretty cool but nothing amazingly incredible.

yes, very cool on the ammo thing, however, what does this have to do with CoC?

Hi nubbin & Jmaster,

There's a lot more going on in that thread than just the rearming scripts (though they sound great). It looks more like a unified effort to get various advanced AI behaviours working across the board.

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Hit_Sqd,

You can find the link on page 62, 2nd post. The 1.07 DR/INQ config works with 1.071 as pointed out by snYpir further down the page.

Much thanks to Kroky, Acecombat for the aforementioned and ESPECIALLY the ECP team for this great addon. Vanilla OFP doesn't exist for me anymore. Keep the greatness coming!

-ixnay

@General Barron

Why did you put in the limitations for AI joing player in the newest (1.072) dev version?

Or is it at least selectable if I want to use these limitations?

(Personally I don't like the limitation that I can only take over soldiers from a group when I outrank the leader. I.e. there are coop missions where my buddy who's the same rank as me agrees to pass over a soldier to my squad.)

So I would like to see the possibility to turn these limitations on and off.

(Until now I anyway use the 1.071 ver because of these limitations. On the other hand I like the new feature that it is possible to release a unit)