Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

With a little work, problem fixed. If you have silenced satchels, this is the fix.

*Cues Cancer Treatment Center ad music*

You have hisky, yes, I know this, because I too had hisky. Hisky is an evil shedemon, when mixed with ECP. Sure, it all looks nice, but your satchels will be silenced, and your AI will be even more stupid. However, there is a cure.

*Ends music*

Remove it from your shortcut!

Apparently, it edits data.pbo and data3d.pbo. See, I didn't know it, but that tampers with ECP, and just sorta screws up DR. If you don't have DR, don't worry, but if you have DR and hisky, this is why you couldn't hear some sounds.

I run the DR ECP + Hisky with no problems, I do not see how changing a texture file would stop some sounds working rock.gif

RED

I run ECP with hisky too (and with fatwombats textures) and have no problems. If you look into the batch file from hisky, all it does is unpack the pbo, replace some textures, and repack. I don't see any possibility of this interfering with ecp at all as afaik ecp does not retexture anything ingame with those textures that are replaced by kegetys hisky...

First of all I've got to say how fantastic the ECP is!Playing "vanilla" OFP is no longer an option smile_o.gif

Now for my suggestions for inclusions in future versions:-

1.The burning and smoking damaged building effect from the later versions of the GMR_mod.It adds great atmosphere to missions.

2.Something similar to this script A.I. info share.it allows A.I. groups to swap info on known enemies.I'm no scripter but I think that all the info it needs would be in the ECP init.The only thing it would maybe need would be an option in the ECP settings to change the distance over which the A.I. could swap info.

3.A fire-dispersal script such as this fire dispersion or this Spray.They both decrease the accuracy of the A.I.,leading to longer,more involved firefights.

The use of this is probably down to personal taste and so would be probably be better "false" as default.

I hope that these ideas give you inspiration for further improvement of an already mighty fine piece of work.

First of all I've got to say how fantastic the ECP is!Playing "vanilla" OFP is no longer an option smile_o.gif

Now for my suggestions for inclusions in future versions:-

1.The burning and smoking damaged building effect from the later versions of the GMR_mod.It adds great atmosphere to missions.

2.Something similar to this script A.I. info share.it allows A.I. groups to swap info on known enemies.I'm no scripter but I think that all the info it needs would be in the ECP init.The only thing it would maybe need would be an option in the ECP settings to change the distance over which the A.I. could swap info.

3.A fire-dispersal script such as this fire dispersion or this Spray.They both decrease the accuracy of the A.I.,leading to longer,more involved firefights.

The use of this is probably down to personal taste and so would be probably be better "false" as default.

I hope that these ideas give you inspiration for further improvement of an already mighty fine piece of work.

Nice ideas, all of them. I especially hope the fire dispersion thingie will be implemented, longer firefights is what I desire blues.gif

I don't really like dispersion for ai or players that much, but if one can turn it on or off it is ok by me. I also think jam already does this, so there is no need to do it again here.

But what i really do miss are higher recoils for players, like in fdf mod. This really adds more challenge to the game. Most weapons are to easy/boring.

This kicks rear!

I am also interested in those AI enhancements above (with a toggle option of course).

What is the difference between the dust types in the ECP Options menu (BAS and Vasdfu34asjgue0A) Does one cause more lag than the other?

Quote[/b] ]1.The burning and smoking damaged building effect from the later versions of the GMR_mod.It adds great atmosphere to missions.

I will be working on this effect soonish (when I get some free time)

Quote[/b] ]2.Something similar to this script A.I. info share.it allows A.I. groups to swap info on known enemies.I'm no scripter but I think that all the info it needs would be in the ECP init.The only thing it would maybe need would be an option in the ECP settings to change the distance over which the A.I. could swap info.

The problem with AI scripts is that they might and probably would muck up most missions. We could add some scripts and leave them turned off by defualt (users could turn it on when they wanted)

Quote[/b] ]3.A fire-dispersal script such as this fire dispersion or this Spray.They both decrease the accuracy of the A.I.,leading to longer,more involved firefights.

I don't see any problem with this idea, I will wait to see what snYpir has to say about it.

Quote[/b] ]What is the difference between the dust types in the ECP Options menu (BAS and Vasdfu34asjgue0A) Does one cause more lag than the other?

Vectors chopper dust will cause more lag, choose whatever script you think looks the best.

RED

What do you think about my suggestions on the previous page RED (I know some have been covered here)? Could they be done? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]-new more realistic 'kickdust' (bullets hitting ground) effect that's faster and taller

I am not sure what is going to be done here, I will leave it to someone else to answer.

Quote[/b] ]-new bullets hitting water effect (the one introduced in Resistance is very poor and looks like a goldfish spitting water

Same as above.

Quote[/b] ]-destroyed buildings should smoke for a while like destroyed vehicles

I am working on this, I actually had a good working version of this until my computer died and I lost all my work crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-rockets/missiles hitting water should make a large water splash and not the same explosion they do when they hit land

I am also working on this, though it will probably be turned off by default as it will require tracking alot of shells etc.

Quote[/b] ]-rockets/missiles should have the FDF 1.2 ignition smoke effect when launched

I will look into it.

Quote[/b] ]-rockets/missiles should have the same smoke effect as LAW/RPG rockets have already

I will be doing this too.

RED

The problem with AI scripts is that they might and probably would muck up most missions. We could add some scripts and leave them turned off by defualt (users could turn it on when they wanted)

Thanks for the quick and considered response Red.It must be a bit annoying at times when you spend what I assume is many,many hours of work to make something so good,only for people like me to come along and say "great",but what it really needs is .......

Anyway, I see what you mean about improved A.I. screwing up missions not designed with it in mind,so I would agree that the default setting should be "off",but I do strongly think that the inclusion of any possible improved A.I. scripts can only be a good thing.The A.I. in OFP is pretty good considering the number of factors it has to take into consideration but in human terms it's round about the intelligence of a 5 year old. smile_o.gif

Another mod maker who lost his work due to computer grilled? ... omg u that is happening so much often sad_o.gif or i'm too old to start thinking its "common" life event ;) ...

tells everyone backup backup, burn burn smile_o.gif ... or cry later ...

{blessing Raid5}

Quote[/b] ]-new more realistic 'kickdust' (bullets hitting ground) effect that's faster and taller

- -new bullets hitting water effect (the one introduced in Resistance is very poor and looks like a goldfish spitting water

define a 'realistic' dust effect biggrin_o.gif it depends on the moisture content of the ground and the calibre of the bullet. We'll see what we can do ;) I don't actually know if there is a specific 'bullet on water' effect, if it is defined in the config then we will be able to make it larger.

Quote[/b] ]2.Something similar to this script A.I. info share.it allows A.I. groups to swap info on known enemies.I'm no scripter but I think that all the info it needs would be in the ECP init.The only thing it would maybe need would be an option in the ECP settings to change the distance over which the A.I. could swap info.

This ties into the 'fire dispertion' idea as well. I'll check it out - I do want to implement some sort of 'AI enhancement' in the ECP, turned off by default. I would like to implement AI surrender/retreat also. Such a feature may dramatically change the way OFP missions work though. My initial thoughts:

[*]Implement fire dispertion dependant on unit skill

[*]Implement unit fatigue - more fatigue, more dispertion

[*]Make smarter AI - thanks to ECP we know where every unit is at all times, and therefore can force AI to react when usually it would not, and also make basic decisions. Ie how many enemy units do i have, how many do i think are in the enemy squad, if i outnumber them then i might attack etc.

[*]Dynamic grouping - provide a dialog so player(s) can arrange their squad manning in real time (an extension of the current add unit to squad feature)

Thanks for the reply RED. It's good to know you guys are working on so much great stuff. smile_o.gif

Snypir, those ideas sound amazing. I think the unit skill to dispersion ratio idea is perfect, and really makes sense. It would completely remove the need for separate sets of ammo (a la JAM) and at the same time make the game far more realistic and with greater tactical options to consider, with players making command decisions based on the skills of individual units far more than they do now. This is something that could be expanded a lot. For example higher skilled units could perhaps be 'fitter' than lower skilled ones, so they could sprint longer without slowing to the normal jogging pace. This would reflect the higher fitness levels of special forces teams over regular infantry. Maybe they could be slightly tougher as well, needing more damage to kill. And with the number of AI scripts available on OFPEC, I'm sure a fairly comprehensive AI overhaul could be done.

Regarding a specific 'bullet on water' effect, before Resistance there wasn't one, but I noticed one of the things added in Resistance was a small splash effect when you shoot into water with small arms. If you try it in the editor and stand close to water you will see it. Unfortunately it's rather lame looking. Realistically even a 9mm pistol will throw water 4-5 feet into the air when fired from maybe 50m range, but the effect in OFP is little more than a tiny squirt.

Because there is only one bullet hitting ground effect used for dirt, buildings and vehicles in OFP, a new effect should be kind of generic so that it looked appropriate on any of those surfaces. Maybe something like a 4ft puff of grey smoke expelled rapidly in one direction. It's kind of hard to explain, but watching pretty much any action film should give you a good idea of what I mean. smile_o.gif

I have an idea,

How about removing the number that shows how many bullets you have left in your clip? Keep the number for clips though.

Hmm, and perhaps change the killed messages in the Stringtable to something shorter/better?

My initial thoughts:

[*]Implement fire dispertion dependant on unit skill

[*]Implement unit fatigue - more fatigue, more dispertion

It would be so awesome if you'd implement that and release a small update pretty soon, even if that's the only thing being changed from 1.071 smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif It would do so much for the feeling.

One question and a couple of comments.

Question: I thought that I read where CoC UA does not work with ECP. Is this true and if so will the trigger method described on the readme page allow it to work properly? If not, are there any plans to make ECP CoC UA compatible?

Comments:

I feel that dispersion should be part of the game. Anyone that has fired a rifle knows that you must properly aim the rifle at the target but one must also properly align the sights in order to hit the properly targeted object. OFP has the sights perfectly aligned so it takes this variable out of aiming and hitting a target. Dispersion introduces this to the game therefore in my opinion it make the game more realistic. I feel it should be part of ECP to achieve a better level of realism.

As for enhancing AI, there is a simple script at OFPEC that allows units within a 50 meter area to be informed about enemies by way of the "knowsabout" command. As snYper stated that AI already has the ability to know about anything and everything, implementing a shared "knowsabout" with any friendly within 50 meters would simulate units communictaing with each other. I am not sure how this would affect existing missions but I do not think that it would be much at all and if it can be turned off then it would not be an issue at all.

Thanks for keeping a three year old game fresh and exciting!

Keep up the great work on this project!

Wadmann

As identified by an earlier poster. I have put the new version of ECP on OFP.

Everything is great but:

No Player sounds when running or walking. No sounds with the footsteps, or very very quiet and the equipment belts etc sounds have gone.

Do I need a new version or DR sounds

Cheers

Nexus6

As identified by an earlier poster. I have put the new version of ECP on OFP.

Everything is great but:

No Player sounds when running or walking. No sounds with the footsteps, or very very quiet and the equipment belts etc sounds have gone.

Do I need a new version or DR sounds

Cheers

Nexus6

If you have simple ECP then your normal OFP sounds should work smile_o.gif

But if you are using a DR config then you NEED the DR addon from ECP website along with its sister files (those 3 extras).

Oh and if you already got DR and ecp make sure you have all the necesarry DR files which got updated sometime ago if you somehow missed them.

@Nexus6: Make sure you download the large DR addon on the ECP page (35mb) if you have the old DR addon (pre ECP), the sounds will be in .ogg format and will not work.

RED

ECP 1070 dr/inq config

Sorry for being late BD's uploads arent working anymore i got this on the Nomad server temp.

Plz test the link is it working for you?

Does this config works on version 1.071 ?? If not, do you know where I can find it? biggrin_o.gif

thx !

That config will work with 1.071. It will be placed on the ECP page and fully supported by us soon-ish.

I know nothing of CoC UA probs with ECP. What happens?

Also, if someone can send me the CSLA II config.bin I'll make an ECP-compatible version, and place it on the ECP page as well. Please send it to snYpir@bigpond.com.

cheers!

Guys

I have a question. Now, if I use this, well, i'm gonna download it soon to make my ofp better and stuff, but, if I use it, will it affect my missions that I build, will people have to download ECP to get my missions to work?

~Bmgarcangel

Also, if someone can send me the CSLA II config.bin I'll make an ECP-compatible version, and place it on the ECP page as well. Please send it to snYpir@bigpond.com.

cheers!

Sweet, thanks for doing that Snypir. Will send you the config pronto... smile_o.gif